erstad

Hatchetman

I'll pass.

How about Ken Griffey Jr.

If nothing else at least we will grab ourselves some attention.

We trade them Joe Borchard and Alex Escobar and they eat half of his salary...

Dream on. They give up Griffey and take two scrub prospects who haven't panned out for the privilege of still paying half of his salary? They would get a better offer than that...probably already have.

he's a grinder. probably odd man out in anaheim next year. will he wind up here?

Erstad is pretty worthless. Except for one aberrant year, his offensive production has been downright bad. Unfortunately for the Sox, KW has been interested in him for years. I wouldn't be shocked to see KW acquire him. Sounds like a Kenny move to me.

Dream on.  They give up Griffey and take two scrub prospects who haven't panned out for the privilege of still paying half of his salary?  They would get a better offer than that...probably already have.

I don't know about the eat half his salary thing, but I'm sure that the Reds would, at the very least, consider Borchard and Escobar for Griffey.

You guys think Erstad's the human hospital...and somehow Griffey is not worse. :huh: :huh

If Frank Thomas wasnt on this team I'd definitely look into acquiring Griffey.... Have him play LF and DH alot.... he'd be a niiiiice addition.

A mid payroll team like the Sox can't afford to have an injury prone outfielder with a huge contract for the next few years. We've got enough payroll limitations from a few players enough as it is.

A mid payroll team like the Sox can't afford to have an injury prone outfielder with a huge contract for the next few years. We've got enough payroll limitations from a few players enough as it is.

well the i was basing acquiring him on getting rid of Frank Thomas.... therefore losing his salary and allowing him to DH and hopefully play 140 games.

For the money, I'd rather just keep Maggs.

That I agree upon. Maggs is the s***... I love him, but the prospects for his return are quite bleak.....

I think I should also add to the griffey idea... I would assume they'd have to find a way to make Cincy eat some of that salary. With the Reds desperation to get rid of the albatross around their neck I think they'd consider it. I think they'd want a pitcher in return which i wouldnt really want to give up.... so I guess I wouldnt really want to make that deal.

I think Jon Garland would be the guy in question and thats too much to give up for Jr.