Oscars

whitesox247

Here are my top three Oscar moments:

3) Eminem winning the best Original Song (cwsox u hear that?)

2) Adrian Brody's speech and his little surprise for Halee Berry

1) Michael Moore's bashing of George W. Bush :lol: Boy was that hilarious.."Shame on you, Mr. Bush, your time is over" :lol:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Michael Moore's bashing of George W. Bush :lol: Boy was that hilarious.."Shame on you, Mr. Bush, your time is over" :lol:

What'd Michael say at the Oscars? Did he win for Bowling for Columbine?

Gotta get with the culture! :lol: Gotta watch the Oscars!

Trust me, it will be in the papers tomorrow what Moore said -

not sure myself it was the right forum to say everything he said, although I agreed with what he said -

Adrian Brody's speech was very moving - the Pianist shows what happens when hate prevails - hope evryone sees it -

he was brilliant in Son of Sam too -

Heres the article from CBS News:

HOLLYWOOD - A standing ovation quickly turned to raucous boos for Oscar winner Michael Moore after the satirical director launched into an anti-war tirade against President George W. Bush.

Celebrities rose from their seats and cheered as Moore walked to the podium to receive the best documentary award for his film Bowling for Columbine, co-produced by Halifax's Salter Street Films.

Moore invited his fellow nominees on to the stage to show solidarity for "non- fiction," he said.

"We live in a time where we have fictitious election results that elects a fictitious president," he said to some applause but mostly jeers.

But the crowd grew more hostile and began to jeer heavily as he continued.

"We live in a time where we have a man sending us to war for fictitious reasons. Whether it's for the fictition of duct tape or the fictitions of orange alert. We are against this war Mr. Bush. Shame on you Mr. Bush."

I'm not watching the OSCARS. I won't stand for the comments either way. Those comments are going to get a lot of press and they don't deserve it. Its not like their background is on this subject and a lot of them aren't educated in this whole issue whether for or against it. I know most of the pro war people keep their mouths shut, but either way I don't liek that an actor that may no nothing about the subject could effect so many people by making on comment.

It would be like trusting an "avg joe" to be a Chemical Expert (not saying it isn't possible or anything as plenty of them are very smart, but just in general not many people fit this bill so what would their opinion really matter if thats not their area of expertise.

I'm watching Jurassic Park 3 or whatevers on Fox.

Gotta get with the culture! :lol:  Gotta watch the Oscars!

Trust me, it will be in the papers tomorrow what Moore said -

not sure myself it was the right forum to say everything he said, although I agreed with what he said -

Man...now I have to go check the corporate media to see what he said.

I'm totally anxious to hear what the hell he said!!!!!

HOLLYWOOD - A standing ovation quickly turned to raucous boos for Oscar winner Michael Moore after the satirical director launched into an anti-war tirade against President George W. Bush.

Celebrities rose from their seats and cheered as Moore walked to the podium to receive the best documentary award for his film Bowling for Columbine, co-produced by Halifax's Salter Street Films.

Moore invited his fellow nominees on to the stage to show solidarity for "non- fiction," he said.

"We live in a time where we have fictitious election results that elects a fictitious president," he said to some applause but mostly jeers.

"We live in a time where we have a man sending us to war for fictitious reasons. Whether it's for the fictition of duct tape or the fictitions of orange alert. We are against this war Mr. Bush. Shame on you Mr. Bush."

Go Mike! :headbang :headbang :headbang

What site did you find this?

It wasn't the place for that speech - he said you have to use every forum but that doesn't help and just not the time and place - exactly as Jane Fonda said she won, she said "I've got a lot to say but this is not the time or place " and that was class -

Adrian Brody spoke so much more eloquently, that speech was so moving -

and f***ing A Em won!

And heres what Adrien Brody said:

"There comes a time in life when everything seems to make sense. This is not one of those times, What I do know is that I've never felt this much love an encouragement from my peers and the people I admire. It fills me with great joy, but I'm also filled with a lot of sadness tonight because I'm accepting an award at such a strange time.

You know my experiences in making this film made me very aware of the sadness and the dehumanization of people at times of war and the repercussions of war. Whether you believe in God or Allah, may he watch over you and let's pray for a peaceful and swift resolution"

And heres what Adrien Brody said:

"There comes a time in life when everything seems to make sense. This is not one of those times, What I do know is that I've never felt this much love an encouragement from my peers and the people I admire. It fills me with great joy, but I'm also filled with a lot of sadness tonight because I'm accepting an award at such a strange time.

You know my experiences in making this film made me very aware of the sadness and the dehumanization of people at times of war and the repercussions of war. Whether you believe in God or Allah, may he watch over you and let's pray for a peaceful and swift resolution"

And then Adrian Brody mentioned his buddy in the service in Kuwait and sent his best wishes -

Pedrom Almodovar just won for best original screenplay and read a very short statment that was not as eloquent as Brody but scored a lot more points than Moore's - short and sweet without shoving it in people's faces is better than to just stomp on them.

Oscar Winners:

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE

Adrien Brody

THE PIANIST

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE

Chris Cooper

ADAPTATION

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE

Nicole Kidman

THE HOURS

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE

Catherine Zeta-Jones

CHICAGO

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM

SPIRITED AWAY

Hayao Miyazaki

ART DIRECTION

CHICAGO

John Myhre (Art Direction); Gordon Sim (Set Decoration)

CINEMATOGRAPHY

ROAD TO PERDITION

Conrad L. Hall

COSTUME DESIGN

CHICAGO

Colleen Atwood

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE

BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE

Michael Moore and Michael Donovan

DOCUMENTARY SHORT SUBJECT

TWIN TOWERS

Bill Guttentag and Robert David Port

FILM EDITING

CHICAGO

Martin Walsh

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

NOWHERE IN AFRICA

Germany

Directed by Caroline Link

MAKEUP

FRIDA

John Jackson and Beatrice De Alba

MUSIC (SCORE)

FRIDA

Elliot Goldenthal

MUSIC (SONG)

8 MILE

'Lose Yourself'

Music by Eminem, Jeff Bass and Luis Resto; Lyric by Eminem

SHORT FILM (ANIMATED)

THE CHUBBCHUBBS!

Eric Armstrong

SHORT FILM (LIVE ACTION)

THIS CHARMING MAN (DER ER EN YNDIG MAND)

Martin Strange-Hansen and Mie Andreasen

SOUND

CHICAGO

Michael Minkler, Dominick Tavella and David Lee

SOUND EDITING

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS

Ethan Van der Ryn and Michael Hopkins

VISUAL EFFECTS

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS

Jim Rygiel, Joe Letteri, Randall William Cook and Alex Funke

WRITING (ADAPTED SCREENPLAY)

THE PIANIST

Screenplay by Ronald Harwood

WRITING (ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY)

TALK TO HER

Written by Pedro Almod¨®var

im sorry but your sense of humor escapes me

jesus on a day when we have on film american soldiers who were captured , humiliated , abused and some almost for sure murdered in cold blood by saddam's henchmen , the timing to make a statement like that has to be one of the more insensitive idiotic ramblings ive heard in a while...if this guy ever took the time to think , he should be utterly ashamed of himself..there are other places (and times) to make comments like this...

and im not trying to violate his right to free speech..im just commenting on what he said...

Kudos to the crowd..... for it is the "little people" that make it possible for dickweeds like Moore to make his boring ass films..... and I'm sure it was the "little people" in the audience that BOOED Moore..... and rightfully so. Keep your opinions to yourself unless asked Hollywood!

im sorry but your sense of humor escapes me

jesus on a day when we have on film american soldiers who were captured , humiliated , abused and some almost for sure murdered in cold blood by saddam's henchmen , the timing to make a statement like that has to be one of the more insensitive idiotic ramblings ive heard in a while...if this guy ever took the time to think , he should be utterly ashamed of himself..there are other places (and times) to make comments like this...

and im not trying to violate his right to free speech..im just commenting on what he said...

Did you expect anything less from a self-absorbed Hollywood asshole Baggs?

Keep your opinions to yourself unless asked Hollywood!

Sure wish that would have kept George Murphy (before your time) and Ronald Reagan and Fred Thompson out of politics too! :lol: From Hollywood to the Senate to hollywoord went Thompson and no one b****ed on our side - everyone has a right to their views, even Republican artists who do politics and artists who are Democrats -

but Moore's speech was inelegent, in your face, and not the right time and place. Class counts - and Moore is a brilliant film maker because he is brusque but that could have been contained tonight - I wish it had been. Brody and Almodovar showed how it can be done, as did others at the ceremony - style counts and class shows.

but Moore's speech was inelegent, in your face, and not the right time and place.  Class counts - and Moore is a brilliant film maker because he is brusque but that could have been contained tonight - I wish it had been.

Thank you cw for putting it so rightly :)

but Moore's speech was inelegent, in your face, and not the right time and place.  Class counts - and Moore is a brilliant film maker because he is brusque but that could have been contained tonight - I wish it had been.

Thank you cw for putting it so rightly :)

i agree..thanx cw