Oscars

whitesox247

Here are my top three Oscar moments:

3) Eminem winning the best Original Song (cwsox u hear that?)

2) Adrian Brody's speech and his little surprise for Halee Berry

1) Michael Moore's bashing of George W. Bush :lol: Boy was that hilarious.."Shame on you, Mr. Bush, your time is over" :lol:

Yeah... real hillarious... NOT.

The troops are over there. 99.99999% of them are FOR what they are doing and here's some fat ass big mouth pretty much calling them a bunch of idiots. Real nice. People have the right to disagree with this war, and I respect thiat But for this retard loser siting there in his Armani tent, crusing around in his $1000 an hour limo, sipping on $300 a bottle champaign to even attempt to make a statement... paaalease. Slapping in the face the very men and woman who are over there fighting for his FREEDOM to stand there and spew such bulls***!?!?!?! The guy has ZERO amount of class. I hope his sorry ass never works again and he developes a major case of the gout.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people still watch the oscars???????? geez i figured those went out with the 80's.........

Actually we were watching Six Feet Under. Flipped to see what was going on when that was over and we see that idiot up there. Needless to say, Jim turned the TV off and we went upstairs to watch the war coverage on MSNBC. It was on all of 20 seconds at our house.

well, Moore would be the last person to wear Armani or anything like that - he is decidedly not Hollywood - his integriity for what he said was 100%, Moore is no hypocrite - just not the time, place, way, or method for what he did IMHO.

well, Moore would be the last person to wear Armani or anything like that - he is decidedly not Hollywood - his integriity for what he said was 100%, Moore is no hypocrite - just not the time, place, way, or method for what he did IMHO.

Oh gezzus. So he doesn't wear Armani.. how much do you think the suit he was wearing cost? That' smy point. Jump up there on someone elses dime and spew, but not realize the courage of the people you are stabbing in the back that enable you to make those statements. Typical. How about he takes his profits and gets himself a ONE WAY ticket to Iraq and lead Saddam to the light and make things all hunkey dorey over there.

He might not be a hypocrite.. but he sure is an idiot. IMO, of course.

I take it you are unfamiliar with Moore's work. He was himself. I have no idea what his clothes cost him but then enither do you. Maybe he had $50 rented tux, or something from J C Penney which is Moore's general style. What difference does it make?

It is my thinking that anyone who tells someone else to take a one-way ticket for expressing divergent views is the one who needs the one way ticket their own self since as boorish as Moore might have been, that is what America is about.

No one stabbed anyone in the back. Moore did not stab my son in the back.

Moore was a boor but at least he was not hateful.

I take it you are unfamiliar with Moore's work.  He was himself.  I have no idea what his clothes cost him but then enither do you.  Maybe he had $50 rented tux, or something from J C Penney which is Moore's general style.  What difference does it make? 

It is my thinking that anyone who tells someone else to take a one-way ticket for expressing divergent views is the one who needs the one way ticket their own self since as boorish as Moore might have been, that is what America is about. 

No one stabbed anyone in the back.  Moore did not stab my son in the back.

Moore was a boor but at least he was not hateful.

What does Moore's work have to do with his lack of class..?

I respect your opinion.. we all know what they're like, but it looks like you misunderstood my suggestion for him to take a trip to Iraq was for him to FIX what obviously no one else has been able to. No one else can rationalize with Saddam.. So Mr. Moore, be my guest. NOT for his comments. And I said in my initial post that I RESPECT his right to disagree with the war. But that to hijack the moment was disgusting and CLASSLESS.

The stabbing comment is MY opinion. When someone discounts the efforts of those who are defending us.. but is given an open forum to express their negative thoughts.. to me that's a stab in the back. I'd have a lot more respect for him if he at the very least said "Bush you're a fraud, but God help those soldiers over there - come home safe"..

What you added helps me see your point more clearly.  thank you.

cw.. I would never, EVER dispute a person's right to disagree with what's going on. Heck.. I question things at times myself. But to use the forum for personal propaganda was/is just wrong. That's like me protesting during work on my employers time. Moore has a HUGE following. His thoughts are well known. While I have mixed feelings on the Oscar ceremony even going on.. it was a time to celebrate talent.. not shove opinions on others.

By the way.. have you heard from your son..?

But that to hijack the moment was disgusting and CLASSLESS.

Not to mention how classless it was for Moore to profit on the deaths of the Columbine students in the first place. Michael Moore's like the majority of liberals in this country who disect the Constitution into what they agree with and what they disagree with.

Moore is a documentary film maker and he is entitled to earn his living - that he makes films about non fiction and social issues insead of special effects fluff s*** doesn't mean he can't earn a living by focusing on social concerns.

But somehow I suspect that he makes less money in his entire life time than Haliburton is going to make on the contarcts being let out this week! :lol:

And no matter what, you have to admit the line, "when both the Pope and Dixie Chicks are against you, your time is up" is pretty funny!

And as far as dissecting the Constitution into what they agree and disagree with - I don't understand. Doesn't everyone? Isn't that why we have courts to render interpretations and have amended it through the years? I thought we had a lot of discussion from - ah, non liberals we might term that - on how they interpreted free speech and the right to assemble. Everyone tends to dissect - it is human nature and no one group does it more than other, or can claim any purity there that no one else has.

Michael Moore is a great man when it comes to corporate crime. He is right on the button and I f***ing love watching him f*** with corporations that are guilty of sickening s***. (Like CR Bard which had put illegal heart catheters in people and were directly related to 2 deaths and multiple injuries) The guys were found GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW 4 years ago and still have yet to spend 1 day in jail.

And a lot of his stuff on Bush is right on target. I was able to procure for myself a copy of President Bush's report card from Yale. OMG, so f***ing funny. He was getting low 70s in nearly every class. And this is our leader. :o

Bush didn't go around the White House taking genius pills after Sept. 11, it's still the same guy that has a record that is "conservative and compassionated" and that's not "subliminable" information, either. ;) C'mon now, the Republicans lambasted Clinton every which way for getting a blow job and lying about it and we had to spend months on end having to hear about Monica's magical orifice, cigars, and we all had to sit through seeing that swamp hag Linda Tripp (and her 8 chins) all over the news.

If we are so critical of a President, then why must we all sit back and give Bush a carte blanche to do whatever he and Cheney, Ashcroft, and Rumsfeld all want? I mean, there are tons of shady deals that Bush has made and nobody has called him on this bulls***! Especially things like Presidential Order 13233 (it's the Presidential Order that is blocking FOIA from getting Reagan and Bush documents...which violates the Presidential Records Act of 1978. A link for arguements for this are at http://writ.news.findlaw.com/scripts/print...an20011109.html

And people have always been interpreting the Constitution various ways. f***, look at Plessy v. Ferguson and Dred Scott compared to the new precedent brought forth in Brown v. Board of Education. That shows that people read the Constitution different ways. (Slavery was legal and the subjugation of blacks was Constitutional despite "all men are created equal" in the Constitution.) It's not just liberals that pick apart the Constitution, it's institutionalized into nearly every social group. I mean, look at the religious extremists trying to get prayer back in school because the date says "In the year of our Lord" yet completely dismissing the establishment clause of the Constitution.

Michael Moore is a great man when it comes to corporate crime.  He is right on the button and I f***ing love watching him f*** with corporations that are guilty of sickening s***. (Like CR Bard which had put illegal heart catheters in people and were directly related to 2 deaths and multiple injuries)  The guys were found GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW 4 years ago and still have yet to spend 1 day in jail.

And a lot of his stuff on Bush is right on target.  I was able to procure for myself a copy of President Bush's report card from Yale. OMG, so f***ing funny.  He was getting low 70s in nearly every class.  And this is our leader.  :o

Bush didn't go around the White House taking genius pills after Sept. 11, it's still the same guy that has a record that is "conservative and compassionated" and that's not "subliminable" information, either.  ;)  C'mon now, the Republicans lambasted Clinton every which way for getting a blow job and lying about it and we had to spend months on end having to hear about Monica's magical orifice, cigars, and we all had to sit through seeing that swamp hag Linda Tripp (and her 8 chins) all over the news.

If we are so critical of a President, then why must we all sit back and give Bush a carte blanche to do whatever he and Cheney, Ashcroft, and Rumsfeld all want?  I mean, there are tons of shady deals that Bush has made and nobody has called him on this bulls***!  Especially things like Presidential Order 13233 (it's the Presidential Order that is blocking FOIA from getting Reagan and Bush documents...which violates the Presidential Records Act of 1978.  A link for arguements for this are at http://writ.news.findlaw.com/scripts/print...an20011109.html

And people have always been interpreting the Constitution various ways.  f***, look at Plessy v. Ferguson and Dred Scott compared to the new precedent brought forth in Brown v. Board of Education.  That shows that people read the Constitution different ways. (Slavery was legal and the subjugation of blacks was Constitutional despite "all men are created equal" in the Constitution.) It's not just liberals that pick apart the Constitution, it's institutionalized into nearly every social group.  I mean, look at the religious extremists trying to get prayer back in school because the date says "In the year of our Lord" yet completely dismissing the establishment clause of the Constitution.

colin powell was getting D's and F's for awhile in college...barely graduated with a 2.0 GPA..

in an interview when he wa asked how a guy who could barely finish a state college make it all the way to the top of the army ..his answer...its a great country , isnt it ;)

grades dont mean s***...half the people in college are sowing their wild oates and are barely coherent when it comes to class time...

colin powell was getting D's and F's for awhile in college...barely graduated with a 2.0 GPA..

in an interview when he wa asked how a guy who could barely finish a state college make it all the way to the top of the army ..his answer...its a great country , isnt it ;)

grades dont mean s***...half the people in college are sowing their wild oates and are barely coherent when it comes to class time...

Most people also don't say their favorite childhood book is a text that was first published when they are in college. ;)

Most people also don't say their favorite childhood book is a text that was first published when they are in college. ;)

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

must have missed that one..can you elaborate :huh:

And as far as dissecting the Constitution into what they agree and disagree with - I don't understand.  Doesn't everyone?  Isn't that why we have courts to render interpretations and have amended it through the years?  I thought we had a lot of discussion from - ah, non liberals we might term that - on how they interpreted free speech and the right to assemble.  Everyone tends to dissect - it is human nature and no one group does it more than other, or can claim any purity there that no one else has.

As far as political decisions go and judicial decisions? Of course there is desecting and dissension. However, I believe in everything the US Constitution stands for. For example, even though I do not agree with them, I will support anti-war protestors and their right to free speech and their right to assemble..... even when the protestors hold signs which say "We Support Our Troops..... When They Shoot Their Commanding Officers." What I will not support is when the protest turns violent towards police or when the protests become civil disobedience. That is breaking the law. I also happen to agree with the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Why shouldn't every law abiding US Citizen have the right to own a handgun? Or a shotgun? I believe that every US citizen has the right to practice any religion they choose..... whether it be Catholicism, Protestantism, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Hebrew, Voodoo, etc. The Constitution makes no distinctions. I believe in the right to a free press..... even though, quite occasionally, the press pushes the bounds of good taste. How about the Electoral College? As Moore stated, "President Bush is a fictitious President....." however, according to the Constitution, George Bush is the President. My point in short..... Michael Moore is a hypocrite. He uses the parts of the Constitution which he agrees with (free speech, right to assemble) and tosses aside the parts of the Constitution which he disagrees with (right to keep and bear arms, the Electoral College). Don't bring up the Constitution and it's parts unless you agree with the sum of it's parts..... and defend all parts as they are.

As for the Pope and the Dixie Chicks..... I'll care more about what the Pope has to say when women get to play a bigger role in the Catholic Church considering the Pope has so much to say to women in regards to womens issues. And the Country Music fans are showing the Dixie Chicks where they can take their opinion and shove it..... their new album went from #3 to #23..... one of the biggest drops for a Top 3 album in the history of the Billboard :headbang

And as far as dissecting the Constitution into what they agree and disagree with - I don't understand.  Doesn't everyone?  Isn't that why we have courts to render interpretations and have amended it through the years?  I thought we had a lot of discussion from - ah, non liberals we might term that - on how they interpreted free speech and the right to assemble.  Everyone tends to dissect - it is human nature and no one group does it more than other, or can claim any purity there that no one else has.

As far as political decisions go and judicial decisions? Of course there is desecting and dissension. However, I believe in everything the US Constitution stands for. For example, even though I do not agree with them, I will support anti-war protestors and their right to free speech and their right to assemble..... even when the protestors hold signs which say "We Support Our Troops..... When They Shoot Their Commanding Officers." What I will not support is when the protest turns violent towards police or when the protests become civil disobedience. That is breaking the law. I also happen to agree with the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Why shouldn't every law abiding US Citizen have the right to own a handgun? Or a shotgun? I believe that every US citizen has the right to practice any religion they choose..... whether it be Catholicism, Protestantism, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Hebrew, Voodoo, etc. The Constitution makes no distinctions. I believe in the right to a free press..... even though, quite occasionally, the press pushes the bounds of good taste. How about the Electoral College? As Moore stated, "President Bush is a fictitious President....." however, according to the Constitution, George Bush is the President. My point in short..... Michael Moore is a hypocrite. He uses the parts of the Constitution which he agrees with (free speech, right to assemble) and tosses aside the parts of the Constitution which he disagrees with (right to keep and bear arms, the Electoral College). Don't bring up the Constitution and it's parts unless you agree with the sum of it's parts..... and defend all parts as they are.

As for the Pope and the Dixie Chicks..... I'll care more about what the Pope has to say when women get to play a bigger role in the Catholic Church considering the Pope has so much to say to women in regards to womens issues. And the Country Music fans are showing the Dixie Chicks where they can take their opinion and shove it..... their new album went from #3 to #23..... one of the biggest drops for a Top 3 album in the history of the Billboard :headbang

excellent!!!

CK, there is a new book out called "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy". I have read a little bit of it, and it is a very weird read about the 2000 election.

The author used FOIA and FL Sunshine Laws and got his hands on a lot of the voter rolls from the state of Florida. There are some weird anomalies in the rolls of people that were made ineligable because they were felons. There were LOTS of people taken off for "crime committed in 2005", "crime committed in 2012", etc. etc. etc. Most of these people were African American and traditionally, the trend is that African Americans usually vote Democrat.

So, Bush is really a fictitious President. It's not so much the electoral college as it is that Bush and Co. (Katherine Harris was also a campaign director for Bush too...at the same time she was a Florida Elections official) f***ed with the voter rolls.

But, hey, I am just a college student with too much free time to read books haha. But if you want a good book by an intelligent conservative (not like Rush, Mike Savage, etc.) check out "What's so great about America" by Dinesh D'Souza. It's a really good read from a conservative perspective that shows what is great about America.

CK, there is a new book out called "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy". I have read a little bit of it, and it is a very weird read about the 2000 election.

The author used FOIA and FL Sunshine Laws and got his hands on a lot of the voter rolls from the state of Florida. There are some weird anomalies in the rolls of people that were made ineligable because they were felons. There were LOTS of people taken off for "crime committed in 2005", "crime committed in 2012", etc. etc. etc. Most of these people were African American and traditionally, the trend is that African Americans usually vote Democrat.

So, Bush is really a fictitious President. It's not so much the electoral college as it is that Bush and Co. (Katherine Harris was also a campaign director for Bush too...at the same time she was a Florida Elections official) f***ed with the voter rolls.

But, hey, I am just a college student with too much free time to read books haha. But if you want a good book by an intelligent conservative (not like Rush, Mike Savage, etc.) check out "What's so great about America" by Dinesh D'Souza. It's a really good read from a conservative perspective that shows what is great about America.

did you forget about bagfulls of votes that mysteriously turned up in new mexico that all were for al gore???...or in wisc where people were caught on camera giving ciggerettes to homeless people if they would go in and vote for gore...democratic poll workers went in the booths with these people to ensure they voted democrat...or also in wisc people caught on tape giving registered democrats 4or 5 ballots...or in missouri where polls were kept open for up to two hours after the state closed in areas that were 90% democrat??..or how about detroit where over 95% of the voters turned out..which is a statistical impossibility because of the number of people that die before they are removed from the voter list???

there was cheating on both sides , as there is in every elsection ,and that election was so close that no one could ever figure out who really won when all the illegal votes and moves were removed...its over...time to move on