Durham TEES OFF on Williams

Mr. Showtime

From the SouthTown:

There are a lot of things Durham doesn't have an answer for right now. One thing he's sure of, however, is that he will never wear a White Sox uniform again.

And not just because the cash-strapped Sox don't have the money to give their former All-Star second baseman. But because, in Durham's eyes, the Sox betrayed his trust.

Durham, said he still misses his former Sox teammates. But he also is still troubled by the fact that the Sox clubhouse became full of "hall monitors."

"You didn't know who you could talk to or say something to because it always seemed to get back to (general manager) Kenny (Williams)," Durham said. "I mean, it was third-grade (bleep). How can you talk to your coaches when they're running to the GM with everything you said?"

Durham singled out recently dismissed first-base coach Gary Pettis as a primary culprit and a reason why Williams' problems are bigger than what the Sox did on the field.

According to Durham, Pettis asked the veteran second baseman to go out after games early in the season, and then would tell his close friend Williams "everything that was talked about."

"Kenny would confront me with things, and that's why I think I ended up getting traded," Durham said.

"(A's manager) Art (Howe) called me in the first day I got there and said, 'Ray, I just want you ready to play every day,' '' Durham recalled. "There's no hitters meetings or other things you have to do.

"This year has been a roller coaster for me. From the high expectations in Chicago to just padding your stats (after the Sox started off so poorly). Then to come here and have a fire lit underneath you again.

"This clubhouse is what our clubhouse was like in 2000. But last year and this year, it wasn't there anymore. It became so businesslike (under Williams). Guys can't enjoy it.

"You come in and you're just always doing something ... meetings, extra work, always something," Durham continued. "In 2000, we came in and basically did what we needed to in order to be ready for the game — not because you had to do it. They want so much control over you over there (with the Sox)."

If the clubhouse is gonna be screwed up from KW and the babysitters, i wanna hear some real stories. Like players threatening coaches for being spinless pussies. Daryl Boston has no business in baseball. He did nothing special for the Sox. He's just a piece of s*** from what i hear so far. :mad:

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

If the clubhouse is gonna be screwed up from KW and the babysitters, i wanna hear some real stories. Like players threatening coaches for being spinless pussies. Daryl Boston has no business in baseball. He did nothing special for the Sox. He's just a piece of s*** from what i hear so far. :mad:

except maybe give good head to kw.

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

If the clubhouse is gonna be screwed up from KW and the babysitters, i wanna hear some real stories. Like players threatening coaches for being spinless pussies.

Well, we know that's happened, but nobody in the media knows, or will print it.

Originally posted by LDF

maybe if someone takes the durham article and runs with it. 

Believe me that article will get play in the media. But everyone has known that Pettis is a spy in the clubhouse.

They don't know that some Sox players have went off on the coaches for this baby-sitting s***.

Originally posted by Mr. Showtime
Originally posted by LDF

maybe if someone takes the durham article and runs with it. 

Believe me that article will get play in the media. But everyone has known that Pettis is a spy in the clubhouse.

They don't know that some Sox players have went off on the coaches for this baby-sitting s***.

i wonder what it would take for the team to implode rather than explode.

Good Grief. KW has to be pissed about this coming out. Man, if thats really the case that ticks me off and it explains a lot of things. I think right now, Manuel may not be the problem, but we got to get a manager in here who has control and isn't going to be forced to do all this other stuff, like being KW's lap dog.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Good Grief.  KW has to be pissed about this coming out.  Man, if thats really the case that ticks me off and it explains a lot of things.  I think right now, Manuel may not be the problem, but we got to get a manager in here who has control and isn't going to be forced to do all this other stuff, like being KW's lap dog.

It's already been out. It's been on the radio here for a long time that Pettis was a clubhouse spy.

Wait till Darryl Boston gets here, it's not going to get any better.

Manuel still has to go, but Williams is really stepping on his nuts. Manuel has no authority on this team.

Originally posted by Mr. Showtime
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Good Grief.  KW has to be pissed about this coming out.  Man, if thats really the case that ticks me off and it explains a lot of things.  I think right now, Manuel may not be the problem, but we got to get a manager in here who has control and isn't going to be forced to do all this other stuff, like being KW's lap dog.

It's already been out. It's been on the radio here for a long time that Pettis was a clubhouse spy.

Wait till Darryl Boston gets here, it's not going to get any better.

Manuel still has to go, but Williams is really stepping on his nuts. Manuel has no authority on this team.

Agreed. This comes as no surprise to me or anyone else here I think. We've always known this about KW. Only now, like the story on "Cleatless" K-layton, it's in print. Let's toss a buffet table in KW's honor! :metal

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by LDF
Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

get rid of kenny, gets rid of the problem....... told you guys he was a control freak......

speaking from first hand knowledge?:P:o

uhh yea ldf i am.. having met him and talked with many of the guys in birmingham the past couple of years he is very much a control freak...and since hes been up here if you havent noticed the amount of control he takes away from jm in the clubhouse then you have not been watching too carefully..... our down fall this season happened when he went storming into the clubhouse in cleveland...and then again in new york....he should just have let jerry run the team as he had in 2000 and kept his big nose out of things which he had no clue about......not only was petitis one of his spies but he has a few others planted here and there within the org...thats just his insecure ways.. everyone has to be talking about him and when they do watch out because he gets his revenge.......one way or another.......i wish someone would have the balls to dig deep into the sean lowe contraversy... kw 's little spies are in on part of that one too.......maybe someday someone will dig up the dirt and publish it.......and wait the best is yet to come.. the slug fest continues between him and the big hurt.... things should be interesting come spring if not before..........keep your eyes open for that one..........