Yanks to dump Brown and ALL of salary?!?!

santo=dorf

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?...87662553630.xml

Yankees GM Brian Cashman was still in New York yesterday, awaiting word from team owner George Steinbrenner on when the organizational meetings would begin in Tampa, Fla. Those meetings are expected to convene at some point this week.

In the meantime, Cashman was spending his time poring over a list of free-agent pitchers and dealing with some lingering medical issues from the Yankees' season.

Cashman said it was far too early to talk about specific pitchers on that free-agent list. The Yankees can't even talk contract with free agents until 10 days after the end of the World Series. But one baseball official with knowledge of the Yankees' plans said the team was planning to explore at least one interesting way to open a spot in the starting rotation.

That official said the team would make every effort to rid itself of Kevin Brown, even if that meant paying his entire $15 million salary for next season. If they were able to do that, they would have a vacant spot they could use to sign a New York-tested free-agent left-hander such as David Wells or Al Leiter, if he doesn't go back with the Mets.

I hate the yankees they have killed baseball.

LOL, ok....... Anyways, I'm not a huge fan of Brown because of all the injuries that he gets, however if the yanks pay his entire salary and if we wouldn't have to pay much I guess it could be done, however it's still a pretty big risk, imo because of his injury history.

Is he signed only through next year? I would take him off the Yankees hands and pay a little salary so I wouldn't have to give anything worthwhile back. Pavano wants to stay on the east coast, and I am not really sold on giving him huge money anyway. Pedro would cost a lot and who really knows how much better he would be than Brown. If Johnson gave the ok to come here, it would cost the Sox a lot of talent and money. I'd be all over Brown for a season if the Yankees ate most of his salary and didn't want much back.

LOL, ok.......  Anyways, I'm not a huge fan of Brown because of all the injuries that he gets, however if the yanks pay his entire salary and if we wouldn't have to pay much I guess it could be done, however it's still a pretty big risk, imo because of his injury history.

I am not just saying because of this. I am saying because of everything and anything they do.

Javier Vazquez underwent an MRI on his right shoulder yesterday. No problems were discovered.

The Yankees now figure it was mechanics, rather than an injury, the resulted in Vazquez's poor second half. There's been speculation that the team would look to dump him along with Kevin Brown this winter, but that would be a huge mistake. From rotoworld.

This is bad new IMO. They're going to be focusing on dealing him to smaller market teams with strong farms, ie. Minnesota. Minnesota will get a good SP and NY will then have the bargaining chips to go after RJ or any other top notch pitcher via trade. It's not like they're just going to give the guy away, if they're picking up the tab they're going to want talent in return.

If you are going to pay a guy's entire salary why not just keep him on the roster for an insurance policy. That is unless he is a clubhouse cancer.

I say pick up the phone Kenny. Before Cashman & Steinbrenner wake up and realize he started out 11-2. And a clubhouse cancer? We already have "Clubhouse Leukemua" Frank Thomas and "Clubhouse Hodgkins" Carl Everett! Plus Jon Garland has all the makings of a cancer, if he ever pitched well enough that people listened to what he said. What's one more?