Who's the biggest tool in Chicago sports.

A whole lot of hate in one little thread.  

55 members have voted

1. 1. A whole lot of hate in one little thread.

• Chris Chelios
    • Bill Wirtz
    • Jerry Reinsdorf
    • Sammy Sosa
    • Kenny Williams
    • Dusty Baker

Career Misconduct is what i think you guys are thinking of.

Yep..... written by the same man who brought Hawk's fans the "unofficial" Program of SlackHawk hockey..... The Blue Line..... which "Dollar" Bill promptly had an end put to considering the entire program was critical of everything "Dollar" Bill did.

I guess the truth hurts.

I never followed hockey and haven't lived in the chicago area for nearly ten years.  Anyone got a minute to compile a small list of why I should despise this Wirtz guy?

yeah, all you gotta know is that the hawks dont televise their home games. that is f***ing ridiculous in a big market like chicago!!! also they lose like every single FA and sign s***ty guys like theo fleury

I never followed hockey and haven't lived in the chicago area for nearly ten years.  Anyone got a minute to compile a small list of why I should despise this Wirtz guy?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/teamseasons.php?tid=35

One quick list coming up. Look at the history, and the long streak of playoff appearences. Then look at their records over the last few years.

Guest hawaiisoxfn

Ill admit I have no idea who Bill Wirtz is, and Im going to guess thats because I know nothing about hockey. But if he can steal votes from Sammy Sosa, he must be one hell of a tool.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/teamseasons.php?tid=35

One quick list coming up.  Look at the history, and the long streak of playoff appearences.  Then look at their records over the last few years.

And on top of that, some of the other reason to "toolify" Wirtz.....

1.) Home games aren't televised and you have to PAY to see the home games (HawkVision :puke ) if the SlackHawks ever make the playoffs.

2.) Highest priced sporting event ticket in Chicago. Rinkside seats are $250 a piece PER GAME.

3.) Highest priced concessions in Chicago during SlackHawk games. It should come as no surprise that "Dollar" Bill Wirtz owns the concession company that caters to SlackHawk fans.

4.) Complete over-reliance on the Sutter family..... both when they played and now as they coach.

5.) Wirtz owns an NHL franchise in 2004 but acts like it's 1964. Wirtz has gone on record and has said that he will never actively pursue a game-changing FA or resign a BlackHawk if he thinks they are asking for more $$$ than he believes they are worth to his franchise. Some of the notables are..... Roenick, Belfour, Amonte, Chelios, and Hasek. Some of the notable FA signings by the SlackHawks were Fleury, Probert, Coffey (?)..... FA's who's better days were way behind them and the only team willing to sign them was the SlackHawks..... because they were cheap.

6.) Threatens or goes through with legal action everytime a SlackHawk fan and/or writer is critical of "Dollar" Bill Wirtz. He had the door closed on "The Blue Line", a SlackHawk fan original publication that was very popular amongst the SlackHawk fanbase. The creator of "The Blue Line" later went on to write the life story of "Dollar" Bill Wirtz entitled, "Official Misconduct". "Dollar" Bill, again, threatened the SlackHawk fan with legal action and, I believe, "Dollar" Bill dropped his lawsuit when the author agreed to pay "Dollar" Bill a portion of his earnings from the book. I could be wrong on that though.

7.) A SlackHawk fan season ticket holder for years had the balls to write "Dollar" Bill a letter critical of the direction of the SlackHawks as an Organization. "Dollar" Bill, in a move completely 180 of his money-grubbing self, returned the SlackHawk fan's deposit for next season and pretty much said that if he didn't agree with the direction of the SLackHawks, then he should keep his money and keep his Organizational ideas to himself.

I could spend all day outlining the various reasons why Bill Wirtz is a tool but I have better things to do than dwell on why "Dollar" Bill owns the WORST FRANCHISE IN ALL OF SPORTS according to SI.