CWSGuy406

Adopt-A-Prospect

So you just want people to follow up on stats, and read about what happened during the game? B/c I could do that, but there's no way I could actually watch a game, and I'll probably be too lazy to listen on internet radio.

It's basically where you follow up on stats and report any news on your prospect, if I recall correctly.

So you just want people to follow up on stats, and read about what happened during the game?  B/c I could do that, but there's no way I could actually watch a game, and I'll probably be too lazy to listen on internet radio.

No, no need to watch the game -- hell, I know I won't be watching the single-A games, they don't come in up here in Chicago... :P

But seriously, if you could listen to the game on via internet stream, great. If you can't, no big deal. Just -- give some news that, for a person not following very closely, would be informative. Hit streaks, slumps, news stories/articles, comments, whatever.

Alright...

I'll take Donny Luuuuuuuuuuucy, the catcher.

EDIT:  Just need to know one thing about Mr. Lucy.  Is it likely he'll start the season at Kanny?  Or are they gonna wait on him a bit, leave him in Rookie ball to start the year, or will he make the jump to low-A ball...?

I'd say considering he had college experience that there is a solid chance that you'll see him in Kanny. The only question is who do they rate as more developed at this point, Lucy or Hernandez. Heck I guess both could be playing together in Kanny, but Hernandez was in Bristol so its at least plausbile that they could give him another year of short-season.

Adopt a Prospect!

In order to be able to adopt a quality authentic Chicago White Sox prospect we here at U.S Cellular Field would like to ask you a few questions before - hand.

1) Is your prospect named Kenny Williams?

2) Does your prospect have more potential than Joe Borchard?

3) Did your prospect get schooled by Wally Backman in the form of being an ass?

4) How much of a percentage of your prospect's signing bonus makes up Joe Borchard's?

5) Are you SoxAce's sleeper prospect (If so, God Help You)?

6) Has your prospect been asked to pitch in the majors off 2 days rest?

Wow, I hate to be mean, but that was so not funny. C'mon DBAH0, you have to come up with something better than that.

Well, since He Gawn took my sleeper, and DBAH0 isn't pickin his sleeper, I'll play in this and go with Pedro Lopez.

Wow, I hate to be mean, but that was so not funny. C'mon DBAH0, you have to come up with something better than that.

Meh... I tried and I failed miserably. The lesson learned, don't ever try. ;)

Meh... I tried and I failed miserably. The lesson learned, don't ever try.  ;)

Or don't ever listen to doubters...

My prospect...

Who cares, lets play some MLB ball

Meh... I tried and I failed miserably. The lesson learned, don't ever try.  ;)

Or as Homer once said, "It's better to watch stuff than to do stuff."

My prospect...

Who cares, lets play some MLB ball

If you don't want one, then you can leave. No need to post something stupid... :rolly

Anyways, getting back to the thread. I'm interested in everyone's opinion's here:

For keeping track of the prospects, I suggest we have one thread, labled something like 'Prospect Tracker' or something along those lines, and, we just keep the thread going throughout the season. For east post one makes, list the name of their prospect at the top of the thread, and then whatever information (hot streaks, cold streaks, outstanding performance, articles) you have underneath the name.

But I'm interested in how you guys think it should be run... I want the lurkers who are actually interested in this stuff to easily be able to access and read the stuff.

If you don't want one, then you can leave.  No need to post something stupid...  :rolly

Anyways, getting back to the thread.  I'm interested in everyone's opinion's here:

For keeping track of the prospects, I suggest we have one thread, labled something like 'Prospect Tracker' or something along those lines, and, we just keep the thread going throughout the season.  For east post one makes, list the name of their prospect at the top of the thread, and then whatever information (hot streaks, cold streaks, outstanding performance, articles) you have underneath the name.

But I'm interested in how you guys think it should be run...  I want the lurkers who are actually interested in this stuff to easily be able to access and read the stuff.

Yeah we could do that. I know it could give me something to do during the season, because Dan, Jason and Alex write most of the articles then, but let's get everyone's opinion first.

If you don't want one, then you can leave.  No need to post something stupid...  :rolly

Anyways, getting back to the thread.  I'm interested in everyone's opinion's here:

For keeping track of the prospects, I suggest we have one thread, labled something like 'Prospect Tracker' or something along those lines, and, we just keep the thread going throughout the season.  For east post one makes, list the name of their prospect at the top of the thread, and then whatever information (hot streaks, cold streaks, outstanding performance, articles) you have underneath the name.

But I'm interested in how you guys think it should be run...  I want the lurkers who are actually interested in this stuff to easily be able to access and read the stuff.

:headbang

I agree with heads that there should be a sub forum for it.

I think the sub-forum is a great idea, and we can just have everyone create their own thread about their own prospect. And then we just basically do the hot streaks, cold streaks, yadda...in that thread. We can read up on the others very easily that way too.

I'm not as informative as some of you guys are, but what the hell, I'll give it a shot.

I'll take Valido.