Rumors thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN 1000 is reporting the Sox have signed Dye 2 yrs 9 million.

Wow is that confirmed? Considering we were going to get him for 3 years $15 mil, we haven't done too badly out of this I guess. If it's true, I'd assume he's making 4 mill in 2004, which will bring payroll up to about $69 mil.

Juan puts up big slugign numbers when healthy though. I think he has to be a DH at this point in his career though. I read somehwere today that the O's are offering Bedard and B.J. Ryan which seems like not much. Also, more importantly is that the A's will offer a negotiating window for an extension before the trade. It sounds like it will be bewtween 4/48 and 4/56. Not sure if this was posted yet.

Juan puts up big slugign numbers when healthy though. I think he has to be a DH at this point in his career though. I read somehwere today that the O's are offering Bedard and B.J. Ryan which seems like not much. Also, more importantly is that the A's will offer a negotiating window for an extension before the trade. It sounds like it will be bewtween 4/48 and 4/56. Not sure if this was posted yet.

I read that Beane did NOT want to put that window in. [Why, I don't know. He'd likely get more in return for Hudson if a team could re-sign him] My bet is any team getting Hudson would do the trade knwoing they may not sign him

Seems like a deal that could make sense. Boy are teams stupid not to demand Marquis. Thats who I'd be asking for. I'd also be tempted to ask for Ankiel.

Braves are making a good move from a financial standpoint and I realized they had Marquis, but I'd want him over Suppan.

The name of Daric Barton is being thrown around, and he'd obviously head to the A's. Beane would most likely move Barton to a corner OF position but Barton offensively fits the Moneyball mold perfectly. Insanely high OBP, great average, plus power. This would be a solid trade for the A's.

Cardinals officials are now telling TSN's Ken Rosenthal that no Tim Hudson deal is imminent.

It looks like the Orioles and maybe the Braves and Indians are still in the running. Rosenthal also mentions the Phillies, Dodgers, Red Sox, Mets and Yankees as other potential suitors for Hudson. No AL West teams are viewed as candidates because it's assumed the A's won't trade Hudson within the division. Dec. 9 - 4:25 pm et

Rotoworld

Alright, so I was watching SportsPage on CLTV last night and they had Coop on for and interview. And this may be scratching for rumors but...

They were discussing the Hermanson deal and out of the blue Cooper brought up Derek Lowe's name. He wasn't prompted or anything.

Could he have slipped?

Take it for what it's worth, probably just something stupid from me. :banghead

Alright, so I was watching SportsPage on CLTV last night and they had Coop on for and interview.  And this may be scratching for rumors but...

They were discussing the Hermanson deal and out of the blue Cooper brought up Derek Lowe's name.  He wasn't prompted or anything.

Could he have slipped?

Wouldn't surprise me willie. I still think Kenny is going under the radar looking at Perez but that's just pure speculation on my part.

Alright, so I was watching SportsPage on CLTV last night and they had Coop on for and interview.  And this may be scratching for rumors but...

They were discussing the Hermanson deal and out of the blue Cooper brought up Derek Lowe's name.  He wasn't prompted or anything.

Could he have slipped?

Good work Willie. Hey, we caught Kenny on a Jermain Dye slip didn't we?

Ya never know. Anything is possible at this point.

I wouldn't like the move though... :ph34r:

Ken Rosenthal on sportingnews.com says the Angels are close to signing Finley. It would end their pursuit of Beltran. Money hasn't seemed to have been an object for Moreno, and it appears that Beltran would get less than Vlad money. Finley has been very productive but is really getting up there in age. If I'm an Angels fan, I'd be a little pissed unless Beltran has given them indications he rather play somewhere else.

Could he have slipped?

Very interesting to say the least. His numbers have deteriorated, but with that heavy sinker, he is the kind of pitcher the Sox need.

Lowe is a Bora$$ client, so unless KW puts his "collective" ego aside here and JR, Lowe won't be pitching here. Period. And that'll be good news if the Angels sign Finley because that will have meant that Detroit will have missed out on both Glaus and Finley. Perhaps they'll probably go after Lowe now.