JR on the Score

Hatchetman

You were slacking a bit...

Ya know.. you guys get a little slow in your old age.  :lol:

Ah yes the old gang back together again. Its so nice to have friends. Why do I keep getting sucked into this mediocre team? Steff did you go for the scout seats? If they keep raising ticket prices they will only need an 8,000 season ticket base to equal last years base in revenue dollars!!!!!!!!! Ahh nothing like an empty ballpark, easy to go to the bathroom, cold beers, easy access to food, and easy out of the parking lots....heaven on the south side!

Jimbo you are welcome to my seats, you know that. All it will cost you is a couple of Pitcheeers.

Ah yes the old gang back together again. Its so nice to have friends. Why do I keep getting sucked into this mediocre team? Steff did you go for the scout seats? If they keep raising ticket prices they will only need an 8,000 season ticket base to equal last years base in revenue dollars!!!!!!!!! Ahh nothing like an empty ballpark, easy to go to the bathroom, cold beers, easy access to food, and easy out of the parking lots....heaven on the south side!

Jimbo you are welcome to my seats, you know that. All it will cost you is a couple of Pitcheeers.

We passed on the scout seats but we moved up (I think) 12 rows.

Obviously you sent in your deposit.. sukkkkaaa!! :lol:

Will your uncle be joining you at the fest again this year..? I'm looking forward to hearing him swear again. :cheers

Actually, from what I remember, JR and North get along real well. That is one of the reasons JR is courting The Score to carry the Sox and Bulls when their contract with 1000 runs out.

when i was just in nyc theres something i heard on the radio about infinanty broadcasting telling there stations not to sign mlb teams to radio contracts. there preety pissed about the xm deal. its some money they want out of it cause of commercails or something

when i was just in nyc theres something i heard on the radio about infinanty broadcasting telling there stations not to sign mlb teams to radio contracts. there preety pissed about the xm deal. its some money they want out of it cause of commercails or something

You are correct. I dont know all the details, but this is what I think it is all about.

XM will not pay local stations for their broadcast to be carried on XM. Sirius DOES pay stations for NFL. Now, i dont know all the logistics of it. If they are just taking the feed from the ballpark and inserting their OWN commercials, then i dont think local stations should be b****ing. However, if XM carries commercials, pregame, and postgame, then local stations have a reason to b****.

Remember, the TEAMS own the broadcasters, not the station.

You are correct. I dont know all the details, but this is what I think it is all about.

XM will not pay local stations for their broadcast to be carried on XM. Sirius DOES pay stations for NFL. Now, i dont know all the logistics of it. If they are just taking the feed from the ballpark and inserting their OWN commercials, then i dont think local stations should be b****ing. However, if XM carries commercials, pregame, and postgame, then local stations have a reason to b****.

Remember, the TEAMS own the broadcasters, not the station.

I can only comment on one thing. I'm probably gonna pick up XM radio because of this.

I can only comment on one thing.  I'm probably gonna pick up XM radio because of this.

Why..? It wont be any different than what's broadcast now. The players wont be wearing mic's like in football. On Sirrus you can hear them clear as day on the football field swearing and stuff. It's hysterical. Baseball talk is boring.

Why..? It wont be any different than what's broadcast now. The players wont be wearing mic's like in football. On Sirrus you can hear them clear as day on the football field swearing and stuff. It's hysterical. Baseball talk is boring.

So I can catch the Sox games on my way home from work. Plus all the other games. My dad has it so its 6.95 a month. On top of that tons of good music, I figure why not.

Depending on how much the equipment is.

We passed on the scout seats but we moved up (I think) 12 rows.

Obviously you sent in your deposit.. sukkkkaaa!!  :lol:

Will your uncle be joining you at the fest again this year..? I'm looking forward to hearing him swear again.  :cheers

yea I am bringing him. Should be fun. Lets make sure we meet.

oh yeah. he said they didn't sign guzman b/c of his s***ty road stats. you think JR isn't intimately involved with every decision KW makes?

But yet they were going to trade a healthy Magglio Ordonez for an injured Nomar last year, and Nomars' road stats were horrible. That said, I'm glad they did not sign Guzman at the price he received. I think Uribe is better than him anyway. I have always been an strong supporter of JR, but I will tell you, this offseason will make or break that support. If KW fails again this year, the front office IMO needs to be overhauled and a new experienced GM needs to be hired. The White Sox GM position has been a training ground ever since Roland Hemond was canned at the end of the 1985 season. Hawk, Larry Himes, Schueler , KW. The best of the bunch was the one who was fired, go figure. Remember, the season doesn't start until April, theres no reason to panic in November.