Deininger released

MnSoxFan

It's about time for Purvis and Reed. High hopes but no production. Purvis had injuries and Reed could never figure things out.

A little surprised with Deininger.

Why would they give up on Deininger? thats shocking to me.

Maybe because he repeated Low A, got sent to the bullpen and sucked (5.80 ERA when repeating a league = not good).

Sox finally gave up on An too. Interesting.

The thing that was strange about An is he was pretty good in AA when he came up in 2003. Then he couldn't even make the team in 2004 and really struggled all year in Winston. Not sure what happened there.

Sucks about Deininger. We all know I was a big fan of him. I wasn't the only one either, Murcie liked him when he saw him, and a couple scouts that were at one of the games last season both said they really liked his stuff.

I can tell you one thing about Deininger, he wasn't released because of his stuff.

Maybe because he repeated Low A, got sent to the bullpen and sucked (5.80 ERA when repeating a league = not good).

The thing that was strange about An is he was pretty good in AA when he came up in 2003.  Then he couldn't even make the team in 2004 and really struggled all year in Winston.  Not sure what happened there.

Arm injuries throughout college and then had a bit more last year, might have contributed to it some.

00. Just one year behind him. I didn't know him besides having met him but we had a bunch of mutual friends. I met his mom at the videostore I worked at and she was really nice and liked to hear about people following Todd. I see that you go to Champaign and I went there for 2 1/2 years. Good riddance to Ron Turner