Beer throwing fan ID'd

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched what happened for the first time..

I am speechless.

I agree Artest should never play the game ever again. 

Sorry I hate to be in arguments with you the whole day but I'm disagree with that big time. I think 73 games plus any playoff games is long enough. Numerous players said they'd do the same thing if it happend to them. I know Artest has had problems in the past, but that fan was just as much out of line. If you want to banish Artest forever that fan should never be able to see another NBA game in person either.

that fan should never be able to see another NBA game in person either.

I agree with that 100%. Revoke his season tickets, and charge him with every criminal offense possible. He is at least as responsible as Artest is. And hopefully the tickets belong to his company, and he loses his job just like Artest basically has(well for a year anyway).

Honestly I am pissed off that the Pistons haven't made a bigger deal about these people losing their tickets and being procecuted. Fans like that are part of the problem in today's sports scene. Artest and the rest of them got their punishments, now it is time for the idiot fans to get theirs as well.

Sorry I hate to be in arguments with you the whole day but I'm disagree with that big time. I think 73 games plus any playoff games is long enough.  Numerous players said they'd do the same thing if it happend to them. I know Artest has had problems in the past, but that fan was just as much out of line. If you want to banish Artest forever that fan should never be able to see another NBA game in person either.

And so, IN MY OPINON, they should all be gone from basketball if they do something like that. Going into the crowd.. bulls***. Ban them for life.

And I didn't offer an opinion on the fan so you can save the redirect to me on that matter.

Artest went after the wrong guy right at the beginning, but he never threw a punch at that guy.

The guy he threw his punches at in the stands was the fan that was punching him in the side of the head (after which artest responded by punching). IT was also the same guy who nailed him with a beer.

What Stephen Jackson did was far worse then what Ron Artest did, imo, or at least just as bad. I think neither deserved to be suspended the entire season though.

Artest went after the wrong guy right at the beginning, but he never threw a punch at that guy.

The guy he threw his punches at in the stands was the fan that was punching him in the side of the head (after which artest responded by punching).  IT was also the same guy who nailed him with a beer.

What Stephen Jackson did was far worse then what Ron Artest did, imo, or at least just as bad.  I think neither deserved to be suspended the entire season though.

Jason.. maybe watch that video again. It's clear that Artest hit the guy he went after first. The beer tosser got in a few shots from behind but I don't see where Artest got him back. By the time he turned around there were several people between them as far as I can see.

And I can't agree with you.. a player of any sport going into the stands is so far out of line it's not even funny. What if Artest has stepped on and injured you or worse.. your kid on the way to get the beer tosser. Would you still feel what he did "wasn't as bad..."?

They can say it, but it'll never work. That idiot Ligue was been banned from Comiskey, but he was seen there several times after the incident.

About all they can do is ensure that he cant buy tix with his credit card and have him removed if someone happens to recognize him at a game. Aside from that its all talk.

Jason.. maybe watch that video again. It's clear that Artest hit the guy he went after first. The beer tosser got in a few shots from behind but I don't see where Artest got him back. By the time he turned around there were several people between them as far as I can see.

And I can't agree with you.. a player of any sport going into the stands is so far out of line it's not even funny. What if Artest has stepped on and injured you or worse.. your kid on the way to get the beer tosser. Would you still feel what he did "wasn't as bad..."?

No, I think Artest should be tried criminally if he injured anyone on the path to the fan. I'm not saying it was right, but If the fan who perpetrated this act isn't heavily punished, I think its absolute bulls***.

Just because he's an athlete doesn't mean the other person should be able to get away with it.

I think some of the fans were complete assholes. I may boo players or say shout things about a player sucking at a game every once in a while (or chant MVP Willie just to piss off a certain someone :lol: ) but throwing stuff onto the field/court is bs.

What Artest did was completely wrong, but so is what the fan did. However, Artest could hit the guy that was punching him, imo. And the guy on the court was fiar game. I don't think O'Neal needed to hit him, but at the same time with all thats going on you have no idea whats going on in their minds. They are in a defensive state at that point.

(or chant MVP Willie just to piss off a certain someone  :lol: )

Oh no you didn't.. :angry:

:bringit

:fight

I kind of understand the mindset of the players at that moment.. but there is no excuse for what he did and I hold him more responsible for what happened. Had he not gone into the crowd, and simply made enough noise and got the ass identified this would not have turned into what it did. I know it sounds too good to be true.. Artest being civil in that situation.. but this exact thing happened at the Bears game yesterday and the players - who were being hit with garbage and other crap - simply pointed the idiots out and they got removed from the crowd.

Ron Artest shouldn't and won't be banned from the NBA.

Let me just say this. While what he did was clearly wrong and merits the suspension, if I was at work and a customer threw something at me, you better believe they are going to get an ass beating.

The clear culprit in this whole situation is Ben Wallace, who is now acting like he had nothing to do with the whole situation. This guy is completely classless and I cannot wait until they visit Indiana on Christmas day. I'm sure he's going to get himself a few presents.

Oh no you didn't..  :angry:

:bringit

:fight

I kind of understand the mindset of the players at that moment.. but there is no excuse for what he did and I hold him more responsible for what happened. Had he not gone into the crowd, and simply made enough noise and got the ass identified this would not have turned into what it did. I know it sounds too good to be true.. Artest being civil in that situation.. but this exact thing happened at the Bears game yesterday and the players - who were being hit with garbage and other crap - simply pointed the idiots out and they got removed from the crowd.

I agree, their are better ways to handle it. I just think the fans in Detroit now have this extra bit of control in the sense that they have ruined the season for the Pacers and in a sense cost some of the athletes millions.

Thats probably not the right way to look at it, but its something I think needs to be partially factored.

And your right the way the Bears handled it was superiorly better, in fact I don't think you can handle it much worse then the Pistons did.

Part of it has to do with athletes being handled millions at such a young age, some of whom haven't had enough of an eductaion for many reasons, mainly because they have had grades handed to them for most of their life due to their ability to play basketball.

Not everyone fits this bill, but their are enough NBA players and other athletes that fit into this notion that it puts of a vibe as if its how most of the athletes are (even though I don't think its near as many as people think).

Still, image is a lot, and the NBA doesn't have a good image. The NFL seems to be cleaning its image back up after the Rae Carruth and Ray Lewis incidents.

Steff, maybe at SoxFest I'll be able to team up and get that chant going. I'll just grab the mic and go MVP when Willie is standing on the stage :lol: