Mike Vick

Top 3 in NFL history:

1. Bobby Douglass (968 yards, 1972)

2. Randall Cunningham (942 yards, 1990)

3. Mike Vick (777 yards, 2002)

He is averaging 64 yards per game, so if he can maintain that average through the remaining 6 games, he'll finish with 1,024 rushing yards on the season.

Remaining Games:

Nov 28 New Orleans

Dec 5 @Tampa Bay

Dec 12 Oakland

Dec 18 Carolina

Dec 26 @New Orleans

Jan 2 @Seattle

4 games left against division rivals...it's gonna be interesting.

:o

He's gonna be a damn good QB once he learns the West Coast.

That man also has a cannon.

Yeah, but is he now? no.. I am not saying he will be like that forever.. but i am saying as of right now, hes not that great of a QB.. but as an athlete yes, he makes plays to put his team in a posistion to win

Hes got a cannon, but he needs to work on his accuracy.. Hopefully he fits into the west coast for the Falcons.. but personally I dont like Vick and think hes extremely overrated

Game-by-game breakdown:

09/12 @San Francisco W 21-19 10 rushing yards

09/19 St. Louis W 34-17 109 rushing yards

09/26 Arizona W 6-3 68 rushing yards

10/03 @Carolina W 27-10 35 rushing yards

10/10 Detroit L 10-17 29 rushing yards

10/17 San Diego W 21-20 35 rushing yards

10/24 @Kansas City L 10-56 62 rushing yards

10/31 @Denver W 41-28 115 rushing yards

11/14 Tampa Bay W 24-14 73 rushing yards

11/21 @New York W 14-10 104 rushing yards

He has averaged 97 yards per game over the last three games, two of which were on the road. And he gets to play against the Saints this week. New Orleans is dead last in the NFL in rushing defense (150.6 allowed per game).

Game-by-game breakdown:

09/12 @San Francisco W 21-19  10 rushing yards

09/19 St. Louis W 34-17  109 rushing yards

09/26 Arizona W 6-3  68 rushing yards

10/03 @Carolina W 27-10  35 rushing yards

10/10 Detroit L 10-17  29 rushing yards

10/17 San Diego W 21-20  35 rushing yards

10/24 @Kansas City L 10-56  62 rushing yards

10/31 @Denver W 41-28  115 rushing yards

11/14 Tampa Bay W 24-14  73 rushing yards

11/21 @New York W 14-10  104 rushing yards

He has averaged 97 yards per game over the last three games, two of which were on the road.  And he gets to play against the Saints this week.  New Orleans is dead last in the NFL in rushing defense (150.6 allowed per game).

Theres no doubt hes gonna break that record... he should be able to keep up that pace hes on

but personally I dont like Vick and think hes extremely overrated

Falcons 02 with Vick 8-5-1 (1-1 without) and first team to win in GB in playoffs, divisional round of playoffs.

Falcons 03 without Vick 2-10

Falcons 03 with Vick 3-1 (including a win over Carolina)

Falcons 04 with Vick 8-2

He is one of the most valuable players in the league. If the Falcons finish with the best record in the NFC this season he should get MVP.

Falcons 02 with Vick 8-5-1 (1-1 without) and first team to win in GB in playoffs, divisional round of playoffs.

Falcons 04 with Vick 8-2

He is one of the most valuable players in the league. If the Falcons finish with the best record in the NFC this season he should get MVP.

Peyton Manning will get MVP especially if he breaks the TD's record of Marino which he'll do in a couple of weeks.

id have to disagree with that... In 5 years i think he can possibly run for more yards because by then he should be a more accomplished passer which will open up more holes for him to run.... Vick can change games more than any other QB already thanks to his awesome ability to run i think that will be even more so in 5 years

Peyton Manning will get MVP especially if he breaks the TD's record of Marino which he'll do in a couple of weeks.

Peyton Manning is having the best season for a QB in the history of the NFL. You think that his TD figures are scary? Take a look at his QB rating. The all-time record is 112 (Steve Young), and he's currently at 127!

41 TDs, 7 INTs, and a 127 QB rating. You couldn't even do that in a video game.

Dan Marino had 48 TDs, 17 INTs, and a 109 rating. This was previously thought of as the best season ever for a QB. Manning makes those numbers look ordinary -- think about that for a minute.

What Peyton is doing is pretty much the equivalent of what Bonds is doing in baseball.

I love Vick...hell, I started this thread. But Vick couldn't even bring this guy gatorade on the sideline, let alone hope to compete with him for the MVP award. It's not even funny.

Not many realize Edgerrin is also on  pace for 1700+ yards this season. The offense is unstoppable. Defense can afford to gamble to try and force turnovers, since they aren't stopping anyone anytime soon.

Mike Ditka said that it's the greatest offense that he's ever seen, and he goes back to the 50s.

That is quite a compliment from one hell of a mang in Mike Ditka. :cheers

Falcons 04 with Vick 8-2

Even so, Vick is still more of an athlete than he is a quarterback.. and I still think he is very overrated.. He is a below average QB right now

Atlanta Passing - 30th in the NFL

Atlanta Rushing - 2nd in the NFL

and Vick has only accounted for 10 total TD's this season..

And the only real quality wins they have are against SD and Den.. The rest of their schedule is a walk in the park

Vick is an amazing athlete, but hes not a good QB.. His numbers are slightly better this year.. but he isnt the only reason they are 8-2.. Hes a big part, yes, but he only has 10 total TD's... Warrick Dunn has 7 himself.. So I wouldnt make it out to be like he is god

I also dont believe he will have a long career, unless he tones down the running.. Those hits are gonna take a toll on him.. Especially if hes playing QB, and rushing for 1,000 yards.. Its a lot of stress on the body

id have to disagree with that... In 5 years i think he can possibly run for more yards because by then he should be a more accomplished passer which will open up more holes for him to run.... Vick can change games more than any other QB already thanks to his awesome ability to run i think that will be even more so in 5 years

You would have to hope that he continues to stay injury free. Most running QBs do not stay injury free for an entire year and this is really his first full year. I am not wishing anyhting bad on him, but QBs that continue to run as much as he has usually are injured a lot.

Especially if hes playing QB, and rushing for 1,000 yards

That feat in and of itself is f***ing beautiful, though.

I know that he's inaccurate, but he more than makes up for it in other categories. It's funny though, because I consider accuracy to be the most important facet of the QB position, and yet, I'm enamored with Vick.

A Top 5 list of NFL players that I'd pay to see:

1. Michael Vick

2. Peyton Manning

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Ladanian Tomlinson

5. R-Dub

Not many realize Edgerrin is also on  pace for 1700+ yards this season. The offense is unstoppable. Defense can afford to gamble to try and force turnovers, since they aren't stopping anyone anytime soon.

The offense has seriously come out big time this year. It used to be the big 3 Peyton, Edge, Marvin), but it's moved past that this year. You have the original 3 plus Wayne, Stokely, Clark, and Pollard. Pick your poison.

Waiting for Spiff to shutdown everything I said about the Colts because Tom Brady is god.