2005 Hall of Fame ballots

The complete ballot (x-first time eligible): x-Jim Abbott, Bert Blyleven, x-Wade Boggs, x-Tom Candiotti, Dave Concepcion, x-Chili Davis, Andre Dawson, Steve Garvey, Rich Gossage, Tommy John, x-Mark Langston, Don Mattingly, x-Jack McDowell, x-Willie McGee, x-Jeff Montgomery, Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, x-Otis Nixon, Dave Parker, x-Tony Phillips, Jim Rice, Ryne Sandberg, Lee Smith, x-Terry Steinbach, x-Darryl Strawberry, Bruce Sutter, Alan Trammell.

I'd go Boggs, Gossage, Sandberg

possibly

Dawson, Garvey, Mattingly, Sutter

No to the rest

The 10 I would consider voting for are listed below. This list was done just from briefly looking at the list of eligible players and is subject to change. I haven't researched them enough to say who I would or would not vote for them.

Challenges to the list are welcomed, however. They are in alphabetical order, separated by pitchers and position players. No other reason exists for the order.

Wade Boggs

Don Mattingly

Dale Murphy

Jim Rice

Ryne Sandberg

Alan Trammell

Goose Gossage

Jack Morris

Lee Smith

Bruce Sutter

The guy was impressive.

He broke down bariers. He pitched with one hand and managed to have a solid major league career. Maybe I just have a soft spot for people overcoming all odds and living up to their dreams.

In my opinion he deserves to be in the hall. Feel free to disagree.

He has a career ERA+ of 100, in other words, average...

He had 2 good years when he was young...

The hall is about being exceptionally good for a long period of time. Abbott was niether, and I would think even he would feel that an induction into the hall was a charity case.

Where is the love for Blyleven?

287 career victories, career ERA of 3.31, 3701 career K's, career WHIP of 1.20, 9th most career shutouts all time with 60.

I mean, I look at his numbers and try to figure out how he is not in the hall of fame. What are the arguments against him? Is it no Cy Young, or not enough All-Star appearances, or what exactly? I'm just honestly curious

287 career victories, career ERA of 3.31, 3701 career K's, career WHIP of 1.20, 9th most career shutouts all time with 60.

I mean, I look at his numbers and try to figure out how he is not in the hall of fame.  What are the arguments against him?  Is it no Cy Young, or not enough All-Star appearances, or what exactly? I'm just honestly curious

Makes no sense, one of the better pitchers to ever play the game. :headshake

I mean, I look at his numbers and try to figure out how he is not in the hall of fame.  What are the arguments against him?  Is it no Cy Young, or not enough All-Star appearances, or what exactly? I'm just honestly curious

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/.../greenia112904/

Circle this Bert!!

:finger

The guy was impressive.

He broke down bariers. He pitched with one hand and managed to have a solid major league career. Maybe I just have a soft spot for people overcoming all odds and living up to their dreams.

And I shall........ I've met him. Great guy. Very Inspirational. Not close to a Hall of Famer.

The guy was impressive.

There should be and maybe there is, room for history making, inspirational, stories like this.