2004-2005 High School Basketball Thread!

Brian

BTW Wharris, you should have gone, I would have like to met you. I know for a fact were all going to Central, because we go to every game, so you better be there.

Damn, if I woulda known I woulda gone.

I'll defintley have to go to the game at Central.

Haha, I had no idea how much of a ballhog Julius was. I just knew he was pretty good from the annoucements, "29 points...31 points...27 points...etc"

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No s***. I was there too. Scheyer shot like s***, but he still looked good. Always sweet to f*** up New Trier. Always...

Just an FYI, I did not participate in the "scoreboard" chants four minutes into the game.. damn kids.

We definitly had some awesome chants going. The Hazing chants were priceless, and there were many other good ones.

It sucks that the highlite of the game had to be chanting, but when Scheyers supposed to go to New Trier it's a huge blow to the program when he chooses not to.

He definitly missed alot of shots, but he had to create all of his shots. He missed only one free throw, he passed well, had some good looks. He's excellent.

Final thing, what the hell was that "just like soccer" chant. Could it get anymore embarrassing for your school?

Well, I take it you go to New Trier. You guys win everything so we wallowed in the chance to have 2 spectator sports that were far superior than New Trier's. In case you didn't know our soccer team beat yours 4-1 in sectionals en route to a 4th place state finish. Granted, it doesn't have the same feel as a 'just like football' chant. We didn't get to play you this year so who knows. I didn't even hear that one. I wasn't in the student section. I figured they did the standard 'drive home saftely' (which I know they did) and I thought I heard 'exit's that way'. The odd thing about the 2nd one is that there are like 8 exits in the gym so you could go out anyway.

I was laughing my ass off at the scoreboard chants 4 minutes in. A good student section would have made you pay for that one in the end, but of course, we have the worst student section in the area.

We have heard the hazing chants so many times, it has lost meaning. It's not even creative anymore.

Scheyer wasn't 'supposed' to go to New Trier. He has lived in Northbrook for his whole life (as far as I know) and I even remember playing with and against him in NB Park District leagues in various sports growing up. New Trier was practically doing some illegal recruiting when they asked him to come to New Trier and move. Just because he watched NT basketball growing up and your school wanted him to come doesn't mean he wanted to or was supposed to.

I must give credit, your student section was solid. You always know it's a big game early on when both student sections are chanting before tipoff. "Spartans, Spartans" and "Trevians, Trevians" was cool as hell in the beginning of the game. I can't wait until we play at GBS. That's going to be the same atmosphere on Friday times 10.

Edited by danman31

IN THE HOUSE, WHEATON NORTH. We packed it tonight!

Damn straight. 5-1!!! Our only loss coming from #4 St. Joseph's. We had that game too til three minutes in the 4th quarter!!!

Look out for us, all you may hear about is Waubonsie Valley, Glenbrook North, Warren, and West Aurora, but we have just as good a chance of going down state as the teams above do.

BELIEVE IT BABY!

CWSOX45

Well, I take it you go to New Trier. You guys win everything so we wallowed in the chance to have 2 spectator sports that were far superior than New Trier's. In case you didn't know our soccer team beat yours 4-1 in sectionals en route to a 4th place state finish. Granted, it doesn't have the same feel as a 'just like football' chant. We didn't get to play you this year so who knows. I didn't even hear that one. I wasn't in the student section. I figured they did the standard 'drive home saftely' (which I know they did) and I thought I heard 'exit's that way'. The odd thing about the 2nd one is that there are like 8 exits in the gym so you could go out anyway.

I was laughing my ass off at the scoreboard chants 4 minutes in. A good student section would have made you pay for that one in the end, but of course, we have the worst student section in the area.

We have heard the hazing chants so many times, it has lost meaning. It's not even creative anymore.

Scheyer wasn't 'supposed' to go to New Trier. He has lived in Northbrook for his whole life (as far as I know) and I even remember playing with and against him in NB Park District leagues in various sports growing up. New Trier was practically doing some illegal recruiting when they asked him to come to New Trier and move. Just because he watched NT basketball growing up and your school wanted him to come doesn't mean he wanted to or was supposed to.

I must give credit, your student section was solid. You always know it's a big game early on when both student sections are chanting before tipoff. "Spartans, Spartans" and "Trevians, Trevians" was cool as hell in the beginning of the game. I can't wait until we play at GBS. That's going to be the same atmosphere on Friday times 10.

New Trier's basketball program has been nothing since Matt Lottich, Todd Townsend and that core of players left and with Malnatti and Sheyers dad being best of freinds, going to high school together, and playing basketball together, it was almost a shoe in that his son would be going to New Trier even if he had been living in Northbrook his entire life.

Financially the Scheyer family was unable to make the move to the New Trier district, which sucks, but you just got to deal with it.

I had no idea, nor do I have any interest in knowing that GBN's soccer team beat our guys soccer team. Our girls have been not just State Champions, but the best in the country for the last two seasons, not losing a game. If I were to go see a soccer game, it would be the girls.

Your student section was definitly weak, as ours has been since Lottich and Townsend left. There used to be the regulars that would head to the games weekly but since NT has been horrible the last few years, its been a rough student section.

Now that I am a junior, its cool to have that feel of you own the sophomores and freshman rather than what it had been for the years prior where I was getting pushed back and what not.

Also, the hazing chants of course have got to get old, but it's still a rather good cheap shot, if you know what I mean.

Finally, New Trier plays Loyola next week, and years back I remember going to the game and I remember the crowds just getting nasty. I feel for that, and can't wait until it escalates into a Ron Artest like situation.

IN THE HOUSE, WHEATON NORTH. We packed it tonight, we have the best fans, the SuperFans.  We had over 150 shirts made this year for the fans, Blue shirts with with a yellow Superman Logo on them, that say Superfan, then we have whatever name we want on the back. This was are first home game tonight, God it was awesome tonight. And this is senior year, so we all get front row this year.

I know its just stupid high school s***, but its such a blast.

Our fan section is known as the 'Black Hole', kind of cheesy, but pretty cool.

At my school, we have an odd situation. For whatever reason, the people come, but rather than cheer for us, a lot come to watch us lose (even though, for the first time in a long time, our team is very solid). So, while I can't say that they cheer against us, they don't exactly cheer for us.

It's kind of a football team vs. basketball team thing. The football guys are all cocky because they usually have a solid record (and then get their asses handed to 'em in the playoffs, like last year vs. Providence, this year vs. Richards). This year, our team should win, at the very least, 15 games.

Yeah I heard HF won by 1 with 2 late free throws. I was looking for verification, but I'm pretty sure my source was right. Oak Hills was ranked in the top 5 nationally. Congrats HF, it makes Illinois HS Bball look good. :) Also, I heard that Oak Hill was missing KC Rivers, headed for Clemson next year. Still an impressive win.

Edited by danman31

Last night, Oak Forest beat Reavis, winning by 13. The score really shouldn't have been that close, we played a very poor first half, and dominated the second half, only to have the lead lessen a bit due to the bench players, ie, me, being in the game.

Bremen on Friday, and then next Friday, Hillcrest.

4-1, off to a damn good start.

Last night, Oak Forest beat Reavis, winning by 13.  The score really shouldn't have been that close, we played a very poor first half, and dominated the second half, only to have the lead lessen a bit due to the bench players, ie, me, being in the game.

Bremen on Friday, and then next Friday, Hillcrest.

4-1, off to a damn good start.

So...you guys are worth watching over there???

I have a friend who teaches at Oak Forest who keeps telling me your decent this year but he really doesnt know shizz about basketball...

I might check out the Oak Forest-Hillcrest game basically to see the McNeal-Acker show hit town...

Warren knocked off Antioch last night, 54-26. 4th quarter was a running clock...AGAIN.

Devils scored 30 pts...in the 3rd quarter alone.

Stevenson is going down...when they face!

Most likely. But I'd say we're the 2nd best team in conference, we beat Lake Forest by 1 Tuesday night and our still undefeated, however I have no doubt you guys will beat us.

Go DGN!

I hate Downers Grove South's coach, so I'm rooting against my school team.

Or for him to get ejected...Coach Runyon is such a hot head and made me feel inferior and made it seem like I am mentally challenged during the season.

So I'm rooting against my team.

So...you guys are worth watching over there???

I have a friend who teaches at Oak Forest who keeps telling me your decent this year but he really doesnt know shizz about basketball...

I might check out the Oak Forest-Hillcrest game basically to see the McNeal-Acker show hit town...

Yeah, I'd say that if we beat Bremen tomorrow (we play them at Bremen), we're a pretty good lock for (at least) second place.

Who's the teacher you know?

And if you come see us play (or, see Hillcrest play), you should be able to tell who I am pretty easy -- I'm the smallest guy on Oak Forest, obviously, on the bench. If you see me, give me a hollar -- the name's Keith. :)

Go DGN!

I hate Downers Grove South's coach, so I'm rooting against my school team.

Or for him to get ejected...Coach Runyon is such a hot head and made me feel inferior and made it seem like I am mentally challenged during the season.

So I'm rooting against my team.

Gotta respect coach Paul Runyon. Downers South is up to #17 now in the Sun Times, I believe, and Mullins has been amazing. He will be great at SIU. I was at the game vs. Argo and he had 9 steals at the half, and finished with 13 and a triple double, not even playing the 4th Q. We've got a good chance this yr. even though we are in a tough confrence with Leyden and Proviso East. Team looks really impressive and I say we go downstate this year after we just missed out last year. The Supersectional game at NIU vs. West Aurora was amazingly well played by both teams, but we came up just short.

Yeah, I'd say that if we beat Bremen tomorrow (we play them at Bremen), we're a pretty good lock for (at least) second place.

Who's the teacher you know?

And if you come see us play (or, see Hillcrest play), you should be able to tell who I am pretty easy -- I'm the smallest guy on Oak Forest, obviously, on the bench.  If you see me, give me a hollar -- the name's Keith.  :)

First year business teacher, Matt Ouwinga.

Yea I'll probably be there for the game against the Hill, c u there ;)

First year business teacher, Matt Ouwinga. 

Yea I'll probably be there for the game against the Hill, c u there ;)

Excellent.

Hopefully my team can at least put up a pretty good fight with the Hawks. I must say, I think we can definitely take it to them inside. It's just, can our guards handle their guards... (And I'm confident in both of our starting guards, both of them are absolutely amazing shooters, and the other can handle the ball amazingly well too, one of the best behind-the-back moves I've ever seen).