2004-2005 High School Basketball Thread!

Brian

Make that 11-0 after the 51-41 victory over Downers South.  I was there, we struggled in the first half, i give DGS some props they run a nice Defense...but they just couldn't overcome us  :P

But the game before that was the one to see.  Brother Rice vs Lyons Township i believe.  Triple OT, without Frasor.  I got there in the 1st OT and it was wild.  Brother Rice almost tied it with a 3 at the buzzer but just missed it. 

Conant vs LT for the York championship tonight at 8 30.

I cant wait.

Come on lions. We haven't been this good since jim malley and cortez forte took us to the third place game 4 years ago. Look out connant. :nono

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the colesium... How are the Komets this year?

I honestly haven't kept up much with them at all being gone this year. However, they are in first right now at 22-9 in their division and they have their annual New Year's Eve home game tomorrow night against Motor City. So things are looking good!

Well the SS Archers prevailed today and play in the championship game in the SAC Holiday Tourney tonight at the Coliseum.  A few friends and myself are going to have to check it out, being alums now. :lol:

Go South! :headbang

South's got a good history in that tourney. They won it again last night, beating 3 state ranked teams to get the trophy!

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't go to the game =).

I guess big Otis Hudson and Sbowzueaiuck just outplayed us.

We were due for a loss our offense hasnt been hitting on all cylinders. Hopefully this will bring the guys back to Earth and we'll get another run going. We play St. Joe on the 22nd i think.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 02:54 AM)
I've matched half my point total from last year with 3. Eclipsed my rebound total with 1.

My aluma mater, Warren Township High School, plays at there holiday tourney. Finished 4th this year.

Warren knocked off Zion Benton by about 12 on Sat AT Zion. Believe they are 12-2 now.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
Stevenson comes to Warren tonight, only to get their booties handed to em....I hope!

Warren 52

Stevenson 45

Warren did not have one of their starters who was at a football camp. Mitchell Moore is a junior and being recruited by Iowa for football as a RB.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 08:19 AM)
When I saw him as a freshmen in the Sweet 16 game vs. Zion, I was amazed he was a freshmen cuz he is tall, athletic, and was so smooth. Not to mention the point guard. Is he still running point this year? Never seemed pressured or never forced anything. I had the best seats in the house, right on the floor next to the TV announcers.

Your head coach is Bruce Weber's brother, yes?

He has never consistently run the point in his career, however, at times in games he will bring up the ball all the time. If the game is on the line he may be forced to, but in normal situations he will not bring it up.