Illinois to get Zook per ESPN

I'd be curious to add up the dollars Notre Dame has received from bowl games in the last 3 yrs., 5yrs. and 10 yrs., versus a team from the Big Ten or the SEC such as Michigan or Tennessee.

I'm guessing that despite the fact Notre Dame gets to keep all of their revenues from bowl games, the numbers might surprise you.

On the TV side, doesn't the contract with NBC end after next season?  From what I have read, there is no way the Irish will get the same kind of deal after their recent struggles.  I don't have numbers, but I do believe their ratings have been down significantly.

I thought they renegotiated the deal a month or two ago. I don't think they are slated to make as much but it was a good deal.

I could be wrong though and maybe it was one of those rumors that it was going to happen but hasn't yet.

I know one thing, all you need is a BCS bowl game once every few years and your program will make a TON of money.

I thought they renegotiated the deal a month or two ago.  I don't think they are slated to make as much but it was a good deal. 

I could be wrong though and maybe it was one of those rumors that it was going to happen but hasn't yet. 

I know one thing, all you need is a BCS bowl game once every few years and your program will make a TON of money.

True, but you don't think that conferences that send 7 teams to bowl games, including two teams to BCS bowl games in some years would equate to nearly the same??

Especially when you don't get to a BCS game in 10 years.

True, but you don't think that conferences that send 7 teams to bowl games, including two teams to BCS bowl games in some years would equate to nearly the same?? 

Especially when you don't get to a BCS game in 10 years.

I think I'd agree with you. I'm assuming the Big ten does some revenue sharing so that guarantees you get a good amount and I know when a Big Tne team goes BCS they end up getting a very large chunk for themselves.

But ND did play in one BCS game under Tyrone.

Be an interesting argument. Personally I like it from a competition standpoint. I think its fun to follow the conference compared to a team where one loss kills your shot at an NT and you don't have a conference championship to follow that could make up for it, imo.

:lol: Rex, can't you see Fotop and I completely changed this to an ND thread  ;)  :lol:

Sorry, I am back on track now........

By the way, all this talk is making me want to dump my Michigan dynasty and start one for Notre Dame, to see if I can bring them back to national acclaim. Off to the Playstation! :)

Bleh, I guess being around ND for three years now I'm the only one who thinks they don't need a conference. Hell, the last time we "tried" to join a conference (Big 10) all the big schools objected because they thought that ND would beat the s*** out of them.

The only conference that makes sense for ND is the Big 10 and really that's the only conference I'd be content with ND joining. Big East football is garbage, the ACC is nowhere near our geographic rivals, and the other conferences are way too far away.

Logicistically, the Big 10 is the only one that makes sense, and from what I remember Ohio State and Michigan want no part of ND in their conference...however that was quite a few years ago, maybe they've changed.

Jason, I see your point about it helping recruiting...but I don't think the recruiting impact is significant enough to join a conference. ND already gets a top 25 class pretty much every year (well except maybe for this year).

Oh and the last BCS bowl was under Davie (Fiesta v. Oregon State), Ty only got us to the Gator (v. Nc State).

Bleh, I guess being around ND for three years now I'm the only one who thinks they don't need a conference. Hell, the last time we "tried" to join a conference (Big 10) all the big schools objected because they thought that ND would beat the s*** out of them.

The only conference that makes sense for ND is the Big 10 and really that's the only conference I'd be content with ND joining. Big East football is garbage, the ACC is nowhere near our geographic rivals, and the other conferences are way too far away.

Logicistically, the Big 10 is the only one that makes sense, and from what I remember Ohio State and Michigan want no part of ND in their conference...however that was quite a few years ago, maybe they've changed.

Jason, I see your point about it helping recruiting...but I don't think the recruiting impact is significant enough to join a conference. ND already gets a top 25 class pretty much every year (well except maybe for this year).

Oh and the last BCS bowl was under Davie (Fiesta v. Oregon State), Ty only got us to the Gator (v. Nc State).

Thats right, my bad. And damn did NcState kill ND in the Gator Bowl.

Who is the recruit that's coming with him?

Also, anyword on his coaches, yet?

Although, any recruit that he brings with him has to wait a year of eligibility doesn't he? Or is that just with transfering? Speaking of transfering, maybe he can get Chris Leak to come along with him. We could use a QB.

Chris Leak is perfect for Urban's system and he's not going anywhere. Signing day isn't until February, so recruits are just commited at this point and are free to change their minds and follow any coach they want. I'm not shocked if some recruits follow Zook, the players and recruits absolutely love him.

Although, any recruit that he brings with him has to wait a year of eligibility doesn't he?  Or is that just with transfering?  Speaking of transfering, maybe he can get Chris Leak to come along with him.  We could use a QB.

This is a recruit who only gave a verbal and can change with no penalty at all. No name given as of yet?

It's not his coaching that will help illinois but his recruiting.  That his what'll turn this program around.

it's his recruiting AND his defense. This hiring serves two fantastic purposes. Zook will be able to bring back the TRUE Linebacker U. to it's previous position at churning out NFL prospects.

If it happens, that is.... :ph34r:

it's his recruiting AND his defense.  This hiring serves two fantastic purposes.  Zook will be able to bring back the TRUE Linebacker U. to it's previous position at churning out NFL prospects. 

If it happens, that is.... :ph34r:

yea, im kinda gettin scared. ole miss is supposedly interviewing him this week. and honestly i bleed orange and blue (and also red sometimes), but if you were zook who would u coach, ole miss, a good program in a great conf. who just produced the no. 1 pick in the draft, or a program that is just as big but not as successful and in a worse conf.

yea, im kinda gettin scared. ole miss is supposedly interviewing him this week. and honestly i bleed orange and blue (and also red sometimes), but if you were zook who would u coach, ole miss,  a good program in a great conf. who just produced the no. 1 pick in the draft, or a program that is just as big but not as successful and in a worse conf.

Ole Miss is heading down, not only that, they are in a powerhouse conference...

Illinois should be much more attractive.. they have young talent and they are in a weaker conference

It will be much easier to guide Illinois to a big 10 title then it would be to try and do it at Ole Miss

This is a great move, I cant wait for next season now!!