Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We do, but cabrera is not a wise investment since we have other holes to fill. At least three that come before short.

I didn't say that. I said we have the cash. F cabrera don't want him. I want a starter and Polanco and maybe Pierzynzki ;)

Josh, were seeing eye to eye on this.  If the Sox found a way to get those three (SP being Perez or Clement)...damn would I be happy.

To tell you the truth i'm not sold on Perez outta Dodger stadium. But I like the rotation with 2 lefties tho. Still would prefer Clement as he is a Ground ball pitcher

Josh, were seeing eye to eye on this.  If the Sox found a way to get those three (SP being Perez or Clement)...damn would I be happy.

While i like perez ( who will make 7-9 million) and clement who is reportedly up to nine million per season, i don't know if i like them that much. I don't think they want to spend all of there money on one person. The sorta pitcher i see getting brought in is a paul byrd type.

To tell you the truth i'm not sold on Perez outta Dodger stadium. But I like the rotation with 2 lefties tho. Still would prefer Clement as he is a Ground ball pitcher

Two out of the last three years his road splits have been excellent. I think he could pitcher just about anywhere and do fairly well.

He better be a stud.

I get the impression that he isn't, Kenny almost forgot to mention it when talking about the deal. Also when asked about Clement he tried avoiding the question and said "We've heard of him," doing his giggling thing that he seems to be doing a lot, he eventually said that he can't deny they're looking at him cause half the guys in the room saw him talking with Matt's agent.

That would be 6 Million more in 3 players. We were paying 8 for Carlos. I'm sick of this impossed salary cap  crap

Payroll was at about $71 million before the trade, now it'd be at about $64 million I'd assume. Depending on where payroll ends up we could hav from 6 to 11 million to spend abouts.

This does not take away too much from the power that the Sox have. They'll still gonna hit 200 homers again...I just want them to hit for a higher average with RISP and have a higher team OBP and OPS, while having a stronger lineup 1-9 rather then having a s***ty 7-9 hitters and having one of the most dangerous 3-4-5's in the league.

Hypothetically...here is a potential lineup...

Podsednik - LF (.265 10 .340 OBP)

Rowand - CF(.300 25 .850 OPS)

Thomas - DH(.270 30 .900)

Konerko - 1B(.270 40 .900)

Dye - RF(.270 30 .850)

Uribe - SS(.280 20 .850)

Crede - 3B(.250 25 .750)

Davis - C(.230 10 .650)

Harris - 2B(.260 5 .650)

If they were to do that...the starting lineup would hit 195 homers...and there is no doubt the lineup can do that.

The power will be there...that is for sure.

BTW...I do think there is a chance they could be looking to trade PK still. You trade him, you put Dye in the cleanup spot, slip Gload in at the 5th spot at 1B, and have Everett be a 1B/OF type. I am not sure if he's ever played 1B in his career, but it's not like it's a real difficult position to learn, and he could probably pick up on it quite quickly.

You trade PK and you free up around probably $5-7 mill, depending on who you get in return.