Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL

Buehrle>Wood

Not sure if we would have made the playoffs even with 5 starters.

I think he could of. Huge hole that was. Minny was very rusty (not too good) before the all star break. I do remember us have the lead at that time. I'm sure we would have had a bigger lead if we had that hole filled and I'm sure we would have held up if people knew there was a dependable guy in that spot instead of an automatic loss.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I hate about losing Lee is that he helps create that "Ozzieball" type. For a big man, he can swipe bases even though he had bad this past season. Well, on the bright side, SPod could steal 100 for us. :D

Carl crawford is gonna have some competition this year.

One thing that could be good, bad, or both good and bad for us is this...

Consider that Aaron Rowand hit .310 for us this year..and then consider his career minor league average was .281. Also consider this his SLG% for us this year was .544, and his career minor league SLG% was .479.

Could be good in the sense that Podsednik hitting .280 is not impossible, especially in such a good hitters park. Could be bad in the fact that we could see Aaron Rowand regress too. Could be good and bad in the fact that we could see both happen. Could be good and bad in that Pods is bad, and Aaron is good.

I think you have to wait and see on this one, quite honestly. You can't just say we win or we lose this trade(even though I have said we do win this trade if Ginter it he PTBNL...that would be insane if he was).

No, it is doubtful that we could sign a starting pitcher and a polanco. Why do you think polanco is not good, i am curious.

I admit, his numbers are better than I thought since he left STL, but I didn't even say he was bad, just that I didn't want him under these circumstances.

I would like to touch on vizcaino who has explosive stuff. Some one mentioned how good he is against lefties. His three year splits are the following.

Left-handers- 323 at-bats= 107 and 2/3 innings , 67 hits, 12 homeruns, 37 walks, (seems a little bit wilder against lefties but nothing to worry about) 89 strike outs, .207 average, .287 obp, .381 slug, .688.

Right handers- 474 at-bats= 158 innings, 113 hits, 22 homeruns, 42 walks, 114 strike outs, .238 average, .330 obp, .435 slug, .749 ops.

Forgot to mention he had a 1.18 whip last year, his career whip is 1.28. I really like vizcaino.

I would like to touch on vizcaino who has explosive stuff. Some one mentioned how good he is against lefties. His three year splits are the following.

Left-handers- 323 at-bats= 107 and 2/3 innings , 67 hits, 12 homeruns, 37 walks, (seems a little bit wilder against lefties but nothing to worry about) 89 strike outs, .207 average, .287 obp, .381 slug, .688.

Right handers- 474 at-bats= 158 innings, 113 hits, 22 homeruns, 42 walks, 114 strike outs, .238 average, .330 obp, .435 slug, .749 ops.

Forgot to mention he had a 1.18 whip last year, his career whip is 1.28. I really like vizcaino.

I ended up with him on my fantasy team a few years ago, I really am happy to have him too.

After having about 10 hours to think about the trade, I got more upset with the whole thing for one main reason: we took our best player, and we traded him without filling any of our holes. Not only that, the main player we received in the deal could easily prove to be a one year wonder. If KW does decide to save the money for a deadline deal in June, I will guarantee you that the money wont be spent as we'll be looking to trade guys like Konerko and Shingo instead of going out and getting someone. The team we have right now is nowhere near good enough to win the division.

I just read 50 freaking pages in this thread. Whew! I may have missed this, because that's a lot reading, but in over 50 pages of discussion about lead off hitters, with arguments and stats being thrown around like potatoe salad in the Animal House food fight ..... Not one person mentioned the single most important stat when it comes to measuring the effectiveness of a lead off hitter........

That's all.

Vizcaino's addition makes a lot of sense, for one important reason: the Sox want to hand Shingo a lead so he only has to pitch in the 9th.

Vizcaino's success vs LHP means he and Marte can alternate days, with Hermanson and Politte in the mix vs RHP in the 7th and 8th as well.

Vizcaino's addition makes a lot of sense, for one important reason: the Sox want to hand Shingo a lead so he only has to pitch in the 9th.

Vizcaino's success vs LHP means he and Marte can alternate days, with Hermanson and Politte in the mix vs RHP in the 7th and 8th as well.

Yes. This bullpen is looking to be quite a strength. Let's hope it works out that way. Though, I can see one of Cotts, Adkins, Politte, Marte or Viscaino been traded.

The trade is terrible. Trade a guy under contract for 2 yrs. You could traded konerko whose contract coming up. Gurantee money either go to him or Mark buerhele. Sox fans the money will not be spent. Also if konerko is not signed by midseason I see him gone by trade deadline. Guys looking at this realistic this team will loose konkero, lee, maggs, and possbiyl mark buerhle after this yr. This is going be one worst time ever if you are sox fan.

The trade is terrible. Trade a guy under contract for 2 yrs. You could traded konerko whose contract coming up. Gurantee money either go to him or Mark buerhele. Sox fans the money will not be spent. Also if konerko is not signed by midseason I see him gone by trade deadline. Guys looking at this realistic this team will loose konkero, lee, maggs, and possbiyl mark buerhle after this yr. This is going be one worst time ever if you are sox fan.

I think you are sorely mistaken. The money will be spent. Konerko may be gone too, but I doubt Buehrle goes anywhere. This team is building around pitching.

Tell me with what money?? How do you know buerhele dosent want get hell out of here either? Watch same crap happened maggs, and point frankily we can losse mark buerhle same way. This all about us be god danm cheap point blank. We took pod salary which is real real bad salary. You only ask for another middle relief. We had lee metions in trades with rj, javier vaquesz and you only ask for someone like pod and viscanio. Hell no ginter either which is another thing that I be danm pisst about. We talk about 5th starter and we have grilli or schioenwis start there I gurantee you wont see my ass watching another 5th starter spot of 1-15 starts. Ozzie philosphy small ball. Kenny and rendsdorf cheap ass ball. Point blank if Konerko is gone and Mark buerhle next yr this will be one of worst teams ever. If your telling me you couldnt get more lee your a joke because we could of.