Another Trade???

soxfan3530

this was on cubstalk. take it for what its worth but god i hope its not true.

White Sox involved in another trade?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yankees Trade Vasquez and Karsay to Marlins. Yankees Trade Gordon to Diamondbacks. Marlins Trade A.J. Burnett to White Sox. White Sox trade Garland and Konerko to Diamondbacks. Diamondbacks trade Randy Johnson to Yankees. Reported on ESPN Radio....Said deal is almost done....

Yankees' Board

Any thoughts on that deal? I would assume the NYY is paying nearly all of Vazquez salary and probably sending some cash somewhere else in the deal.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we would be saving 12 million in that trade... coupled with the 8 from the lee trade... we all of a sudden would have 20 million to get a starter and a first baseman/2nd baseman/whatever will fill the offence hole

hummmm?

and burnett will be a monster

I take no value in information posted on a Cubs message board. Even if ESPN radio is listed as a reference.

However, I'll humor this deal:

Money avaialble from Lee trade + 12 million (Konerko & Garland) leaves 20 million to spend on available talent. Delgado and Clement/Perez suddently becomes realistic.

this was on cubstalk. take it for what its worth but god i hope its not true.

White Sox involved in another trade?

Quote:

Yankees Trade Vasquez and Karsay to Marlins. Yankees Trade Gordon to Diamondbacks. Marlins Trade A.J. Burnett to White Sox. White Sox trade Garland and Konerko to Diamondbacks. Diamondbacks trade Randy Johnson to Yankees. Reported on ESPN Radio....Said deal is almost done....

Yankees' Board

Any thoughts on that deal? I would assume the NYY is paying nearly all of Vazquez salary and probably sending some cash somewhere else in the deal.

So the Marlins get Vasquez and Karsay for Burnett and we get Burnett for Konerko and Garland? Is Burnett that much better than Vasquez? karsay and Garland better? I don't think so

Why not keep the Marlins out of the deal and give us us Karsay and Vasquez; or give Karsay to the D's and we'll keep Garland

I take no value in information posted on a Cubs message board.  Even if ESPN radio is listed as a reference.

However, I'll humor this deal:

Money avaialble from Lee trade + 12 million (Konerko & Garland) leaves 20 million to spend on available talent.  Delgado and Clement/Perez suddently becomes realistic.

so konerko and garland for burnett...delgado...and perez/clement is what you're saying basically. That wouldn't be bad at all...

so konerko and garland for burnett...delgado...and perez/clement is what you're saying basically.  That wouldn't be bad at all...

Essentially, yes.

Although the salary available would be less than 20 million.

Money available from Lee's departure is near 6 million, and I failed to add Burnetts salary (which I'm unsure of)

A figure around 16 million may be more reasonable. Which is still a large amount of money to spread around a team.

Pure speculation; although it could work.

Soxfan ur the same guy who posted the bullcrap trade of us getting perez and craig wilson from pirates. Are you trying piss us off? We just lost lee today and you have the nerve to say something stupid as that. Like I told you last night kenny looked too happy and he went to the " umm theory" meaning yes something happening and same thing kenny did with dye coming here. Its complete b.s. and I do listen to raido and no it was not metiones so stop it.