WSCR report regarding RJ

S720

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont kno why people are so excited about this deal. i mean its not THAT great. you still got a hole in the rotation, youre trading the best left setupman prolly in the majors IMO, arguably the number 1 or 2 prospect in our organization, and another prospect? cmon that isnt that great, for just 1 year of RJ. its not even close to a guarantee that we even make the playoffs with that offense and the 5 spot hole again. id MUCH rather get hudson and sign him to a longterm deal. becasue IMO this deal could really kill us in the future.

i dont kno why people are so excited about this deal. i mean its not THAT great. you still got a hole in the rotation, youre trading the best left setupman prolly in the majors IMO, arguably the number 1 or 2 prospect in our organization, and another prospect? cmon that isnt that great, for just 1 year of RJ. its not even close to a guarantee that we even make the playoffs with that offense and the 5 spot hole again. id MUCH rather get hudson and sign him to a longterm deal. becasue IMO this deal could really kill us in the future.

Who do you think the Sox will give the A's for Hudson? I imagine Garland would be a part of that deal too...which would leave the 5th SP hole open again. And I'm sure KW would want to give Hudson an extension.

Who  do you think the Sox will give the A's for Hudson?  I imagine Garland would be a part of that deal too...which would leave the 5th SP hole open again.  And I'm sure KW would want to give Hudson an extension.

Hudson would be my 1st pick. We would have the new BIG 3 in baseball. s*** that would be sweet!

Who  do you think the Sox will give the A's for Hudson?  I imagine Garland would be a part of that deal too...which would leave the 5th SP hole open again.  And I'm sure KW would want to give Hudson an extension.

Look at the same deal for RJ as Hudson, Gar, Marte, Anderson, and mid-prospect. Whichever GM bites first I'd be happy.

With the A's, I'd be glad to throw in Everett for Kendall too. :D :D :D

no, you wouldnt have a hole, because i have no problem gving them Bmac as long as hudson signs a deal before the deal. I think something like Bmac, Young, and a couple low prospects could get it done. if we sign hudson to an extension, and that be would a contingency of the deal, we would havee 3 studs locked up for a few years, where w/ RJ he would most likely be here for a year. I sa

dude aj burnett is not that good why the f*** would you want him, hes horrible, hes just gonna get injured, id rather have hermanson pitch instead of aj burnett  :stick

One injury does not make him injury prone...

So your saying that you would not want a guy who can win 15 and strike out 200+???

:stick :huh

dude aj burnett is not that good why the f*** would you want him, hes horrible, hes just gonna get injured, id rather have hermanson pitch instead of aj burnett  :stick

LMFAO!!!! i hope ur joking. burnett is a f***in stud. he'd be at least the second best SP on our team, if no the best.

Be done with it already.

TSN's Ken Rosenthal believes the Dodgers could send Shawn Green to Arizona in a three-team deal that would get Randy Johnson on the Yankees.

Javier Vazquez would go to the Dodgers, and we assume Los Angeles would have to send Edwin Jackson and cash to Arizona. The Diamondbacks would also want prospects from the Yankees. Dec. 16 - 3:33 pm et

It seems that the Yankees are focusing on Hudson now. I would think that RJ is still in their sights, but maybe they know that the Sox want to land ohnson themselves vs. being part of a three-way deal. If that's the case, and they have shifted their focus away from the Unit, it seems likely that the Sox have a good chance to aquire him.

As far as a fifth starter, if this deal goes down, one would think that we could get away with Schoe as #5 due to the number of games Johnson could win. If the rotation were Johnson, Garcia, Buehrle, Contreras, and Schoe, you could be looking at wins as such: 19, 17, 17, 15, and 12. That would be pretty good...and who's to say Johnson, Garcia, and Buehrle couldn't each win 20 games?

Schoeneweis with 12 wins as a starter? I thought that Schoeneweis proved last year that he's not reliable enough to be a starter. He's effective vs lefty hitters but when you start a game, the other team can stack their lineups with righties. I would love to see KW non-tender Schoeneweis.