WSCR report regarding RJ

S720

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Atleast we can finally end these ridiculous Randy Johnson trade discussions. As of right now, the following options remain: 

-Overpay for Clement/Perez

-Sign cheap 5th starter and assemble various IF pieces

-Overwhelm club with talent/prospects in trade

-Hold onto money until July.

I would have to go with either of the first two at this point... There's no guarantee the Sox won't be sellers instead of buyers come July and I don't know who else is out there via trade

i dont really think johnson is worth 17 mill a year, and the talent we would have to give up and still have the ??? for the 5th starter, and with johnsons age up there i think that is just to many ???? the money would be better used to sign a FA sp and a catcher i think willie will do great this year for the record.

Atleast we can finally end these ridiculous Randy Johnson trade discussions.

What the f*** is so ridiculous about them? :huh:

What Arizona is offering, or because you think we're nuts that KW could get RJ or RJ would even come here?

It was reported that KW was going to go after him, and then USA Today reported that RJ's Agents said RJ would accept a trade to the Sox.

I agree with Dylan and Soxfan, this a huggge risk to take on this guy.. If we were to give up Garland + Marte and one of our top prospects; the guy needs to be a "shut down" pitcher with no chance for an "off-year". We would still have to fill a 5th starter's spot after this, and with what money? I say just get Clement/Lowe or whoever else and have our pitching filled out, with a significantly better bullpen.

I can't believe that some of you would rather keep a left handed reliever with a mid three era last season than get one of the best pitchers of all time, who has yet to show signs of slowing...

Left handed reliever or 18-20 game winner....hmmm....tough one....

As far as money goes, if JR allows for RJ to be on this team, I think it should almost be a given that he's increasing payroll...

While bringing twice as many fans to the ballpark and making the Sox national news.  He will pay for himself.

Ding Ding Ding.

The White Sox welcome Randy Johnson!

You're telling me you guys wouldn't smile uncontrollably at Soxfest when Kenny introduces the Big Unit. C'mon. PR Explosion. Risk a bit of the future to win now. This kind of deal won't come around again for ages. He's one of the best ever.

In 2003 he was hurt, but STILL put up more impressive numbers than Jon Garland.

garland is a 12-15 game winner so ill take 13 to be in the middle, johnson with no 5th start ill go with 18 wins

garland+fa pitcher=25-30 wins(assuming 10 mill on sp) 13 mill

johnson+warm body-marte= 20-22 wins=17 mill

you do the math!!!

garland is a 12-15 game winner so ill take 13 to be in the middle, johnson with no 5th start ill go with 18 wins

johnson+warm body= 20-22 wins=17 mill

you do the math!!!

You cannot say garland is a 12-15 game winner since garland has never won more than 12.

garland+fa pitcher=23-25 wins(assuming 10 mill on sp) 13 mill

johnson+warm body= 20-22 wins=17 mill

you do the math!!!

Garland

12-11 4.89 ERA on 83 win team

RJ

16-14 2.60 ERA on 51 win team

Johnson could have easily won 22 games with an playoff contending team last season, with the way he was pitching...

johnson+warm body-marte= 20-22 wins=17 mill

you do the math!!!

I think your math there is a little off. Garland will probably win between 10-12, whatever free agent we sign will probably win between 12-15. Johnson will probably win between 19-23, and the warm body will probably do 6-10. So the worst to best case scenario for Garland and the FA is 22-27, while the worst case scenario for RJ, warm body is 25-33. Not a huge difference, but when you get to the playoffs, and teams have to face RJ, Garcia, and Buerhle, that's where it really pays off.