Beltran?

CWSOX45

He'd be an awesome acquisition, but I think the Sox would first be better off to see how the pitching holds up and see just how Rowand does. If the pitching struggles, then the Sox would have to invest the money and find a way to acquire another pitcher. If the offense struggles (it shouldn't) then I think they will have to find a leadoff hitter, cause its the only real reason I could see the offense going kaputz other then serious injuries to all our key guys.

Just as a note Beltran is a Boras client so we all know what that means.  And he is looking for $15 mil a year for 8 years.  As nice as it would be, there is no chance of seeing Beltran in a Sox uni.

Forget about it, and I'm not saying that because of Boras being the agent, but because of that ridiculous price tag. Vladdy is gonna get a contract similar to that and he's way better then Beltran.

Just as a note Beltran is a Boras client so we all know what that means.  And he is looking for $15 mil a year for 8 years.  As nice as it would be, there is no chance of seeing Beltran in a Sox uni.

Forget about it, and I'm not saying that because of Boras being the agent, but because of that ridiculous price tag. Vladdy is gonna get a contract similar to that and he's way better then Beltran.

The number I heard for Vlad is 5 yrs $90 mil, which is still another $3 mil a year more than Beltran.

And I hope this latest trend of greedy Boras clients losing out, doesn't end soon. I hate greedy SOB's! :fyou

With the new CBA....it may very well end.  Who knows

I hope that in 2006....they just put a salary cap and a salary floor in....maybe $100 mill cap and a $50 mill floor.  Kind of operate like the NFL.  Man, that works great.

Thats what I wanted to see the whole time.

With what the Phillies paid Thome, and the Mets, Glavine... I the top of the line guys still getting the monterous contracts. The marginal guys, like 38 year old Kenny Rogers, are the ones that are going to get relatively shafted. Notice the word "relatively". I wish someone would shaft me to the tune of 2 million a year.

With what the Phillies paid Thome, and the Mets, Glavine... I the top of the line guys still getting the monterous contracts.  The marginal guys, like 38 year old Kenny Rogers, are the ones that are going to get relatively shafted.  Notice the word "relatively".  I wish someone would shaft me to the tune of 2 million a year.

I think thats how it should be. The reasons salaries were so ridiculous were that guys like Loaiza, Rogers and Hitcock were getting 6 million plus or so and thats just ridiculous.

Of course, I don't quite put Beltran in the same class as Thome yet.