Opening Day at KC

Rex Hudler

I wasn't supposed to say anything, but here's the deal on Monday's game. The Barons clubhouse manager forgot to load the Sox bats onto the bus that was taking them to the airport Sunday. The error wasn't noticed until after it was too late to get them to KC for the game. The Sox, unfortunately had to use stock bats provided by the Royals, all Minor League quality, from what I hear.

The Sox were pretty pissed at first, but got over it, thinking they could hit KC pitching with broomsticks. I'm guessing they are back to not very happy again.

The bats were overnighted to KC and should be there in plenty of time for Wednesday's game.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't supposed to say anything, but here's the deal on Monday's game. The Barons clubhouse manager forgot to load the Sox bats onto the bus that was taking them to the airport Sunday. The error wasn't noticed until after it was too late to get them to KC for the game. The Sox, unfortunately had to use stock bats provided by the Royals, all Minor League quality, from what I hear.

The Sox were pretty pissed at first, but got over it, thinking they could hit KC pitching with broomsticks. I'm guessing they are back to not very happy again.

The bats were overnighted to KC and should be there in plenty of time for Wednesday's game.

i am reallly starting to question on how you get your info and what is your position to the sox brass.

that is some great inside info bud and i mean no offense.

i am reallly starting to question on how you get your info and what is your position to the sox brass.

Considering he goes to Barons games, I would assume you'd be able to find something like that out if you know the right people.

Considering he goes to Barons games, I would assume you'd be able to find something like that out if you know the right people.

but on the other hand i aam sure their are fans who doesn't even get to know the ticket man.

but on the other hand i aam sure their are fans who doesn't even get to know the ticket man.

I'm not in the mood to argue about this.

Like the war coverage, read all you want, believe whatever you want.

If this is true, Sox still lost the game. If Rex is bs'ing us here, Sox still lost on Monday. It's over now, and the pain will arrive in less than 24 hours.

April Fools?

Very interesting. If it is true, I hope someone was in the unemployement line today! :rolleyes:

Guest hotsoxchick1

omfg you have got to be kidding me.. how in the heck could they let something like this happen....i sure hope you spoke up to you know who about this rex....... geez us ...what the heck were they thinking????? its bad enough that we have to go from arizona to birmingham then play and then get on the plane and head to kc to play ..which i would have easily used as an explaination for their crappy play.. but using cheap equipment sure explains it better ..........dang...........i think i have to make a phone call about this one and speak my mind..........

Well the story i heard is that as the bus was being loaded, Frank asked to take some Dreamland ribs on the plane and the clubbies were scrambling trying to box up all the ribs that were left.... they were in a hurry, so they rushed it up to the bus and forgot the last bit of the equipment, which was the bats.....

I think there is a 17 yr. old clubhouse helper that feels really bad right now.

Well the story i heard is that as the bus was being loaded, Frank asked to take some Dreamland ribs on the plane and the clubbies were scrambling trying to box up all the ribs that were left....  they were in a hurry, so they rushed it up to the bus and forgot the last bit of the equipment, which was the bats.....

Are you serious on the Frank part? I swear, you must be setting me up for April fools here. If not, then I am going to take it as an excuse for why the Sox sucked it up this year. I'm also even more excited for Wednesdays games, cause I'm assuming they'll have the bats back.

Either way, I'm a lot happier after reading this thread. You rock Rex :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
Well the story i heard is that as the bus was being loaded, Frank asked to take some Dreamland ribs on the plane and the clubbies were scrambling trying to box up all the ribs that were left....  they were in a hurry, so they rushed it up to the bus and forgot the last bit of the equipment, which was the bats.....

well now i know why you dis on frank all the time.. his selfishness cost us an opener.. cant blame jr for this one........geez i feel sorry for the kid but heck... shouldnt an older person have double checked that stuff.....of course now that i think of it... if i were to be leaving birmingham and had the chance to get some of those ribs out with me i would have demanded they box me up some so i can take em with me......those are some good eats there..............

Getting off topic here a bit, but Dreamland ribs are some serious ribs.  Definitely my favorite.

Neverhad them, but If I get out to Birmingham this summer like I want to, then I'm gonna have to try some. I'm assuming they are from a place nearby the stadium?

Guest hotsoxchick1
Getting off topic here a bit, but Dreamland ribs are some serious ribs.  Definitely my favorite.

Neverhad them, but If I get out to Birmingham this summer like I want to, then I'm gonna have to try some. I'm assuming they are from a place nearby the stadium?

jas they are to die for .. trust me on this one.. carsons has nothing on dreamland...............

This has gotta be an April Fools joke, and speaking of which, Jas, did Kevin and Bean do anything this year? I missed it this morning. I remember when they did the "Mall of America West" one, that was just great, and it got EVERYBODY. It was so intricate, and set up so well.

This has gotta be an April Fools joke, and speaking of which, Jas, did Kevin and Bean do anything this year? I missed it this morning. I remember when they did the "Mall of America West" one, that was just great, and it got EVERYBODY. It was so intricate, and set up so well.

That was hillarious. I didn't catch todays show either. I slept in and then went to the beach and then work. I love spring break :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1

cali knowing rex as i do.. im sure its not a joke.. and if you have ever seen the operations down in birmingham i can also attest that its very easy to believe that this could happen.........and if rex said it happened i trust him enough to know it did..........just as you all trust me when i say something is gonna happen.......

cali knowing rex as i do.. im sure its not a joke.. and if you have ever seen the operations down in birmingham i can also attest that its very easy to believe that this could happen.........and if rex said it happened i trust him enough to know it did..........just as you all trust me when i say something is gonna happen.......

I can see forgetting hats or gloves, but how in the hell are bats not the first thing on that bus to the airport?

Okay, I beleive him, it's just that it's April Fools Day, and that story is almost too good(and funny) to be true :lol: