MVP Baseball 2005

Anyone got any tips for me on this game? The only MVP I have played is 03 and I own everyone on that game. Now that I got 05 I can't do s***. My pitching it subpar, batting I either check swing or K. I hate the fact that you have to hold the button down to swing that throws me completely off. Right now I hate this game compared to 03 I need some help bad, any tips are appreaciated.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Game with Fame:

Pierzynski, Helton, and Dye at Bat"

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/news/events/game...all20050325.htm

All of your favorite baseball teams are deep into spring training in sunny Arizona, but three heavy hitters are taking a timeout to challenge Xbox Live members to a game of MVP Baseball 2005!

AJ Pierzynski and Jermaine Dye of the Chicago White Sox and Todd Helton of the Colorado Rockies will be online on Tuesday, March 29, 2005, from 6:00 to 9:00 P.M. Pacific (9:00 P.M. to midnight Eastern). Take a look at your Xbox Live Dashboard on March 29 to find out what Gamertag they'll be using.

Get details from EA SPORTS on MVP Baseball 2005 Game with Fame events.

If you get the chance to play AJ, Todd, or Jermaine, we want to hear about it! E-mail xlmail@microsoft.com and tell us what happened. Don’t forget to include your Gamertag and hometown.

http://www.easports.com/games/mvp2005/gamewithfame.jsp

If you've ever wanted the opportunity to take the mound against real Major League Baseball hitters, now's your chance! On Tuesday, March 29, 2005, from 8pm to 11pm ET / 5pm to 8pm PT, the Xbox Live Game with Fame will feature real major league players taking their MVP Baseball 2005 skills online. Colorado Rockies slugger Todd Helton and Chicago White Sox teammates Jermaine Dye and A.J. Pierzynski will all take their cuts against some lucky gamers with MVP Baseball 2005 and Xbox Live Game with Fame.

Each of these major league stars will take turns playing short online games against randomly selected opponents in a specific online lobby (exact lobby name coming soon!), so gamers can see how they stack up against guys that have hit 95-MPH fastballs in real life. If you score the chance to match up against one of these players, make sure you've got your headset working so you can talk trash as you fool them with the curve or get them swinging at an outside slider -- but be ready for them to talk back if they bust your weak stuff over the wall!

Things to remember if you're joining the Xbox Live Game with Fame online:

* Be in the Xbox Live game lobby early

* Gamers will be selected randomly

* Due to time, there will be a 10-run cap on each game (if you outscore -- or are outscored by -- your opponent in the first inning by 10 runs, game over)

EA SPORTS and Xbox Live are bringing major league stars to you -- hone those hitting and pitching skills or get ready to be humbled!

Go Dye and AJ!

Edited by Jabroni

My head to head game vs soxnbears today, live from his dorm room:

I won 8-0 on 17 hits

Funny stuff:

I scored 2 runs (runners on 1st and 2nd) on and INFIELD HIT that never leaves the dirt. No errors. Centerfielder has to field the ball. Figure that out.

To try to save face while being destroyed, soxnbears throws at Julio Franco using the "automatic" L3/L1 combo. Franco MOVES OUT OF THE WAY OF THE PITCH. I have never seen this happen in any game i've ever played, and i've thrown at a lot of people.

Fun times.

I have turned the Sox into the Yankees. I just traded Zambrano for Jesus Urban(I think from the Phillies). He throws 3 pitches. A curve, 4 seam fastball and a 2 seamer. His Curve is 67mph. The 2 seamer is 99 mph, his 4 seamer is 102 and all with pinpoint control. I have thrown 3 perfect games in a row with him this season.

I also traded Oliver Perez because his ERA was in the 5's. Got another starting pitcher(forgot name) who's ERA is 1.69 with 98IP pitched so far. He's second in the league in K's behind Jesus Urban. Urban has a 2.08 ERA with 106IP so far. Both guys are 23.

Rotation:

Urban-R

the other 23 year old phenom-lefty

Harden-R

Reyes-L

McCarthy-R

For my bullpen, it says everyone of those guys(I have 6 BP arms) are potential Cy Youngers and the only guy I have over 25 is Frankie Rodriguez.

My leadoff hitter(J. Allen) is batting a blistering .378 with 26 HRS and 46SB.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)
Go to "Edit Player", it'd under "Roster" or something like that.

You can do it in your franchise mode, too, which is pretty cool...

Is that why i couldnt hit you yesterday??? because Cy young got rocked by Joe Morgan and the babe couldnt touch Phil Niekro, I'm callin BS and demand a rematch!!!!

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:21 AM)
I have turned the Sox into the Yankees. I just traded Zambrano for Jesus Urban(I think from the Phillies). He throws 3 pitches. A curve, 4 seam fastball and a 2 seamer. His Curve is 67mph. The 2 seamer is 99 mph, his 4 seamer is 102 and all with pinpoint control. I have thrown 3 perfect games in a row with him this season.

I also traded Oliver Perez because his ERA was in the 5's. Got another starting pitcher(forgot name) who's ERA is 1.69 with 98IP pitched so far. He's second in the league in K's behind Jesus Urban. Urban has a 2.08 ERA with 106IP so far. Both guys are 23.

Rotation:

Urban-R

the other 23 year old phenom-lefty

Harden-R

Reyes-L

McCarthy-R

For my bullpen, it says everyone of those guys(I have 6 BP arms) are potential Cy Youngers and the only guy I have over 25 is Frankie Rodriguez.

My leadoff hitter(J. Allen) is batting a blistering .378 with 26 HRS and 46SB.

Are you on Rookie with sliders 50 to 0 in your favor? Damn! :lol:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
Are you on Rookie with sliders 50 to 0 in your favor? Damn! :lol:

Nope. Actually the ace is known as Jesus Brown and the other guy is Chris Urban. I knew I had something mixed up. Anyway, I play on All-Star and don't change the sliders. You should've seen it though. Brown, Urban and Harden all made the all-star team and Brown was the starter. Pitched a perfect game through 6, then I took him out so he won't be wasted when he has to start and put in Zambrano and he gives up a jack on the first pitch.

Something that has been bugging me.....

On one of the hint/tip screens that appear when a game is loading, it tells you how to slide. It says to bowl over the catcher to move the right minijoystick UP. Well I have tried that many times and it has never worked. Has anyone else had any success with that?

I'm sure this has been asked, but I'm not reading through 65 pages to see. Is there any way to influence how players improve or digress in spring training, on owner mode? I had Carl Crawford on my team, he won the MVP the previous season and then got way worse in spring which made no sense. Plus where do I put guys in the spring does that matter A, AA, AAA, majors. Do their spring stats influence it, cause I don't play I manage all my games. Or is it just lame ass random and a league MVP who's early 20's can suddenly suck for no reason?

QUOTE(Mathew @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
I'm sure this has been asked, but I'm not reading through 65 pages to see.  Is there any way to influence how players improve or digress in spring training, on owner mode?  I had Carl Crawford on my team, he won the MVP the previous season and then got way worse in spring which made no sense.  Plus where do I put guys in the spring does that matter A, AA, AAA, majors.  Do their spring stats influence it, cause I don't play I manage all my games.  Or is it just lame ass random and a league MVP who's early 20's can suddenly suck for no reason?

At the end of Spring Training each year, the game will simulate player progression. Some players improve, some go backwards. The player progression is detailed, so a player may improve in one area and regress in another. For example, a pitcher's fastball may lose some while his curveball gets better. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in Spring Training stats, however, just like in real life.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 08:42 AM)
At the end of Spring Training each year, the game will simulate player progression.  Some players improve, some go backwards.  The player progression is detailed, so a player may improve in one area and regress in another.  For example, a pitcher's fastball may lose some while his curveball gets better.  I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in Spring Training stats, however, just like in real life.

And young MVP's turn to s***. This game sucks.

QUOTE(bulokis @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
When will the roster updates for MVP online be available?

not sure....... I was thinking about that about an hour ago. I may try to see if there is an update online. I would imagine it will be at least a week or two before the minor league rosters can be purchased.

In my series against the Mariners the past 2 days I won 2 of 3 but Jeremy Reed hit 3 homers against me. 1 in the first game and 2 in the 3rd. El Duque just got crushed in the third game. I dont know i threw good pitches and they kept homering. :bang

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Umm......  did you go through player progression?  Did he regress that much or are you just steamed about spring training stats?

He won the MVP then lost 10 contact against lefties. I don't care about the stats, I didn't even play the game, I just though the stats were to blame,but if it's just random then I'm more dissapointed cause it isn't that hard to organise who gets better and worse, like the Madden games do.

QUOTE(Mathew @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 08:03 AM)
He won the MVP then lost 10 contact against lefties.  I don't care about the stats, I didn't even play the game, I just though the stats were to blame,but if it's just random then I'm more dissapointed cause it isn't that hard to organise who gets better and worse, like the Madden games do.

I know this is sort of cheating, but if you're that mad about it, then just go to edit player in your roster management and make him better...