MVP Baseball 2005

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
Fastball, curveball and change from what I can tell.  I don't see him enough these days to know if he has added a cut fastball.

Ya, he throws a cutter. He considers it a big reason for his improvement this season.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
Ya, he throws a cutter.  He considers it a big reason for his improvement this season.

I'll have to watch him a little closer next time. The last time I saw him, he didn't need a cutter as he was blowing fastballs right by Johnny Damon.

Is it just me or is bunting nearly impossible.

I swear to you, I can't get a bunt down to save my life.

They pull the bat back the second the ball gets to the plate.

Despite being something like 39-5 on All-Star--or whatever is above pro--difficulty, I can't lay the f'ing bunt down. :lol:

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)

Despite being something like 39-5 on All-Star--or whatever is above pro--difficulty, I can't lay the f'ing bunt down. :lol:

I turned the bunt sliders way up and I still can't get a bunt down. What is the key??

Drag bunting is really easy for me. It's all timing. It took me awhile to get a hang of it, but with Pierre and Castillo (I did a fantasy draft) I can pretty much get a bunt single whenever I want.

You can bunt all day, as long as you do a drag bunt. Hell, Pierzynski can get a bunt hit all day, haha.

The annoying thing is the fact that when you try to lay down a sac bunt to move runners over, it ALWAYS results in a foul ball... big mistake.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
Yeah...what he said. :lol:

They friggin pull the bat back each and ever g'd time.

You gotta time it right and just tap the button. I was having the same problem that you and Mike were having.

It's hard. I still haven't done it very well, but I know how to do it -- I just suck at it.

Plus, you KNOW that I imply Oakland rules to my team -- f*** bunting! :D :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
So how do you actually get a bunt down???  Can someone explain the stickwork in detail?  I can't do it to save my life.

It is definately a timing thing. I bunt all the time with Pods and Willie and am very successful with it. you need to aim with the left analog, as well as bunt with the right. you want to wait until the ball gets the closest to the plate without missing it completely. You gotta just slap at it, with a quick tap. it is kinda hard to explain it with text, and over the net but i hope i at least helped out a little bit

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
It is definately a timing thing.  I bunt all the time with Pods and Willie and am very successful with it.  you need to aim with the left analog, as well as bunt with the right.  you want to wait until the ball gets the closest to the plate without missing it completely.  You gotta just slap at it, with a quick tap.  it is kinda hard to explain it with text, and over the net but i hope i at least helped out a little bit

and if you just want to lay down a sac bunt, push down the right-analog stick, while holding the down direction on the left-analog stick. if you dont press in a downward way with the left analog stick, then it will pop-up everytime.