Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the daughter to see Hoodwinked over the weekend.

Nice little movie, nothing special but good enough.

I thought the way they did it may have confused some kids, with different characters telling their versions of the same story, but my little one liked it.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
Vampires can love humans.  They just turn them.  Also, Michael has no societal pressure against dating whoever he wants. 

Why?  Just because they are 2 groups which fight?

The only forbidden love in Underworld was between Lucian and Sonja, and it was due more akin to the child of a white slaveowner being in love with a black slave, not members of 2 rival houses. 

And again, Michael was never a part of the Lycan clan or the Lycan-Vampire war.

Exactly

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
watch the first movie again.  See Kraven's reaction when he finds out that she likes a human.  Vampires aren't supposed to like Humans in this movie.

Every one of them were at one point or another human. Like when the master in the 1st one (Victor???) saved the girl and turned her. There had to be a reason to that. Obviously, later on, we find out she had some important information from her childhood.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
I saw 2 pretty random "couple year old" movies today.

Behind Enemy Lines - meh, was entertaining, but wouldn't watch it again.

Enemy at the Gates - right up there in my favorite war movies of all time.  Now i understand all the comparisons that were made when call of duty came out.

Enemy at the Gates is one of my favorite all time movies. Just a total bad ass movie. Speaking of movies with Enemy in them, I also really like Enemy of the State (good, entertaining movie).

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
I was pissed drunk the other night watching him in Zatoichi.  I turned it off.

Damn good movie.

I cannot wait for coin locker babies... and when he starts gradually getting into more americanized movies. He speaks pretty good english do the transformations shouldn't be very hard for someone of his caliber to make.

QUOTE(samclemens @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
hey if anyone likes good horror flicks, see a british movie called "Creep". its f***ing great, i just watched it. it also scared the s*** out of my girlfriend and probably played a large part in me getting served earlier tonight.

I love this guy. :cheers

I've heard Creep is a quality horror film from a few people. I'll have to check it out.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 06:10 PM)
That is a great, fun movie. Im not really sure how historicily accruate, but who cares? Two snipers going back and forth, awesome flick.

The basic plotline is actually very accurate. They embellished a little with the relationship stuff I think, and included the normal Hollywood "Communism doesn't work and here's why" stuff...but the story itself is actually very true. During Stalingrad, the Russians made one of their snipers a propaganda toy, the guy killed over 300 Russians or something, and the Germans sent the top instructor from their sniper academy to kill him. The duel dragged on for weeks...eventually at one spot, the guy accompanying the Russian sniper lifts his head and is shot immediately by the German...revealing the German sniper's position. The Russian wins at that point.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
The basic plotline is actually very accurate.  They embellished a little with the relationship stuff I think, and included the normal Hollywood "Communism doesn't work and here's why" stuff...but the story itself is actually very true.  During Stalingrad, the Russians made one of their snipers a propaganda toy, the guy killed over 300 Russians or something, and the Germans sent the top instructor from their sniper academy to kill him.  The duel dragged on for weeks...eventually at one spot, the guy accompanying the Russian sniper lifts his head and is shot immediately by the German...revealing the German sniper's position.  The Russian wins at that point.

aye, it was a brilliant movie...

i was shocked when my grandpa told me that the russians actually would actually shoot their own men for 'falling back'

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)

aye, the anticipation is getting too high, now me and my friends can't stop talking aobut it...we went through a two month lull of it and now its comin out full force

Wait....so Enemy at the Gates is a good movie??? I have had it on DVD for a while now but never bothered watching it. I will watch it tonight.

And I agree, Lord of War is a pretty badass movie.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
meh, it was ok.  Nothing really happened in the entire movie though :lolhitting

Requiem for a dream kicks it's ass as a "don't do drugs" film

dried up dead babies > arms sawed off

guy who craps his bed > crazy ass refridgerator

but nothing beats the sadness level of Jennifer Connely whoring herself at the end of Requim. :crying talk about a heart breaker.