Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
Just watched Serinity.  I must say it gets an A+.....excellent SciFi type film.

if you watch the show it makes the movie even better. A movie as well. Great story for a low budget sci fi

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
but nothing beats the sadness level of Jennifer Connely whoring herself at the end of Requim.  :crying  talk about a heart breaker.

the saddest part of Requiem for me at least, was seeing the old lady's friends breaking down after visiting her. Gets me everytime.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
if you watch the show it makes the movie even better. A movie as well. Great story for a low budget sci fi

yeah, i watched the show.....i was disappointed when they took it off. Didn't know the movie was that good. With the special effects and all it would have been sweet to see it in theatres

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
Holy Hell.  I thought it was some kind of joke.  The site says it's a Horror/Thriller/Action.  I figured it had to be a comedy if it were even real at all.  Wow...

that's why its such a joke

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
Just saw 'The Aristocrats'.  Some extremely funny moments but it did not deserve a full length feature film.  Should have been a 60 minute documentary.

Terrible. I love vulgar humor and I didn't laugh once during that movie.

I just saw End of the Spear, and I think that was pretty good. It might be due to the fact that I didn't expect much of it, though.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
I just saw End of the Spear, and I think that was pretty good.  It might be due to the fact that I didn't expect much of it, though.

There's a documentary out about that event as well. The assistant pastor at my church was a missionary down in Ecuador during that time period and knows many of the people involved. I'd like to see both.

On the otherhand, I saw "the Constant Gardener" last night... what a joke...at best, he gardened like 50% of the time. :rolly :huh

Went and saw Match Point last night. A smidge on the over-long side but really a good movie. Jonathan Rhys-Myers was amazing--the script was flat occassionally, but it was really an engrossing film. I usually hate Woody Allen (I think this is the first one of his movie's I've been able to sit all the way through) but it's a smart and thought provoking movie. Worth the price of admission.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
Went and saw Match Point last night. A smidge on the over-long side but really a good movie. Jonathan Rhys-Myers was amazing--the script was flat occassionally, but it was really an engrossing film. I usually hate Woody Allen (I think this is the first one of his movie's I've been able to sit all the way through) but it's a smart and thought provoking movie. Worth the price of admission.

i wanna see it but i can't cause its not in missouri...i'll rent it ...or d/l it...

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
My roommates and I watched Road to Perdition last night while drinking.  It's not the first time I've seen it, but damn is it good.

That's the one with Tom Hanks right? Good movie. Crazy ending.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
That's the one with Tom Hanks right? Good movie. Crazy ending.

Yes, that's the one. The ending wasn't really crazy. It seemed like the whole movie was building up for it to end that way with the innocent/sinful and light/dark comparisons throughout it.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
My roommates and I watched Road to Perdition last night while drinking.  It's not the first time I've seen it, but damn is it good.

Awesome cinematography and the only movie worth of winning Best Score.

I just got through 'Two For The Money'. It was hurt by weak writing, but it's not a bad film like everyone says. Part of the extras is an interview with guy the film is based on. It's a really fascinating insight into sports gambling. That interview alone is almost worth the price of the rental.