Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Pirates Of The Caribbean friday. I liked it quite a bit. Bill Nighy friggin' rules in everything he does. Jones is one of the coolest critters I have ever seen.

Watched Hero Saturday night. Loved that one. Jet Li is unreal to watch, even with all the wire work.

Watched Ginger Snaps and Ginger Snaps 2: Unleased the past two nights. Great, great, great flicks! Great spin on the werewolf mythos, great dialogue, great cast, and the two Fitzgerald girls were too cool. In the second film Ghost was a creepy kid and the wolf FX got much better.

I think tonight I will be watching Resident Evil: Apocalypse for the heck of it.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
Way too much slow motion for my taste.

There was a bunch, no doubt, but I liked the story and there were enough cool fights to make it work for me.

I caught the end of Jet's Born To Defense the other day, and that is the polar opposite as far as slow motion! The final fight in that might just be the most brutal fight I have seen in a M.A. flick, and that is even comparing Jackie vs. Benny The Jet in Wheels On Meals !

I saw You Me and Dupree a couple of days ago and i have to say it's not a really a good movie at all. It isn't really that funny at all and it is a very predictable movie. My friend and I accurately guessed what was going to happen next for well over half the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw Old School over the weekend, and it was funny, but overrated IMO. There were some great parts, but I just don't get Will Ferrell. He plays the same character in almost every movie, yet someone he is still considered a comic god of somekind... Eh to each his own.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
Also saw Clerks 2, I didn't know it was possible to make such a bad movie. Smith has been trending down for a long time, but now I'm finally willing to say he's done. Sentimental, unfunny garbage.

The Randall character just gets so annoying 3 minutes into the film. For comedy to work, you need two things: humorous lines, mixed in with straight lines. The Randall character is nothing but funny line after wise crack, after funny line, the problem is the lines aren't funny.

Saw Happiness last night.

Very odd movie. Lots of uncomfortable scenes and topics. Kind of funny in a Welcome to the Dollhouse sort of way. I liked it, I think, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 08:59 AM)
I hear Talladega Nights is awful.

I can't imagine it could be good.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
Saw Clerks 2, eh kinda funny, but the humor gets repetitive. Rental.

I liked it OK, but I thought it was wrong somehow to turn Randal and Dante all mushy towards each other.

Their feelings about each other were clearly implied by the basic fact that they tolerated each other at all.

No need to go all Brokeback Mooby's about it.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 01:27 AM)
will ferrel is never going to beat 'anchorman' or 'elf', those movies are almost perfect.

I'm about to watch anchorman for the first time. :huh: :o And someone last night told me elf made him want to kill himself because it was so bad.