Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
"For Your Consideration" is god awful, yet everyone around me was laughing hysterically. So few things on TV or in film are lol funny nowadays.

I'm one of the few who don't really care for the Christopher Guest mockumenteries. Spinal Tap was fine but never understood the legend behind it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"For Your Consideration" was awful and I love Christopher Guest movies. Personally, I think Spinal Tap is tied for second with A Mighty Wind in his repertoire behind Waiting for Guffman.

This movie just falls flat. I see a great setup in every scene and then the joke just isn't there.

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
couple questions: has anyone seen the fountain yet?

and

has the last king of scotland come out already?

and

will i ever get back to civilization to catch up on movies?

My girlfriend saw the Fountain and Happy Feet. Thought the first one was fantastic and then laughed at the second for being environmentalist propaganda.

I loved Borat. I hate Brokeback Mountain.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
Oh? What type of incident?

No biggie. The film I wanted to see had a 7 pm listing on line. When I got to the theater, it wasn't showing at that time, so we got to see another film for free. Unfortunately, Deja Vu was the only thing that hadn't just started.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 01:17 AM)
No biggie. The film I wanted to see had a 7 pm listing on line. When I got to the theater, it wasn't showing at that time, so we got to see another film for free. Unfortunately, Deja Vu was the only thing that hadn't just started.

that's weird...i feel like you've typed that before..

someone asked me what I considered the best film of 2006 so far the other day, and I seriously could not think of any dramas that I considered worthwhile or serious Oscar contenders.

I honestly think the best film of 2006 so far has been Borat. For comparison, my best film of 2005 was Brokeback Mouintain and my best film of 2004 was The Incredibles.

What other films could be nominated for Best Picture? Obviously many films haven't come out yet, but are there any?

also, one of my students worked on The Fountain, and he says it's awesome.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 07:19 PM)
how? (Referring to seeing Pick of Destiny in June)

Preview screening out here. I get calls for them all the time but usually they're not good movies so I don't go. Pick of Destiny I really wanted to see so I couldn't pass it up.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
If I said "Pillow Pants" would anyone know what I was talking about?

Vagina troll? Just watched that movie this past weekend. Quite amusing. Nothing special, but funny enough to keep me entertained.

Has anybody here seen Stranger than Fiction? If so, did they enjoy it as much as I did?

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)
Vagina troll? Just watched that movie this past weekend. Quite amusing. Nothing special, but funny enough to keep me entertained.

Has anybody here seen Stranger than Fiction? If so, did they enjoy it as much as I did?

:lol: Randall's response is classic. He gets white and the creepy music plays in the background... it was an ok movie. Apparently Kevin Smith thinks it's his best. Meh. I laughed a lot though.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 11:52 PM)
Out of everyone I know, I'm the only one who didn't like Stranger than Fiction.

I know a couple o' people that didn't like ' ' fiction, they aren't big ferrel fans though. I'm anxious for the spoon soundtrack