Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 11:37 PM)
"Pan's Labryinth" should have been edited to PG-13.

I saw the review said "R", and thought to myself that basically it will be the film's kiss of death in the box office.

I mean, why have a "fairy tale" rated R?

It's not rare or weird in Europe. That's the film's primary audience, not here.

and any top 10 list without Borat lacks credibility.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 10:08 AM)
Hilarious:

The cretins rule in “Alpha Dog,” which has much the same entertainment value you get from watching monkeys fling scat at one another in a zoo or reading the latest issue of Star magazine.

Did you see it Soxy?

Recent DVD purchases:

Kicking and Screaming (baumbach, criterion co.)

Being There (wanted to see this forever, loved the book, amazed at how well Sellers brought it to life on screen!)

Masculin Feminin (Godard, Criterion Co. - still haven't seen)

Alpha Dog was awful.The worst scene was laughable,Sharon Stone in a fat suit trying to act like she lost her mind.Just about a bunch of teens smoking weed and dropping F bombs.If it wasnt a true story and a tragedy it goes straight to DVD.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 12:03 PM)
Alpha Dog was awful.The worst scene was laughable,Sharon Stone in a fat suit trying to act like she lost her mind.Just about a bunch of teens smoking weed and dropping F bombs.If it wasnt a true story and a tragedy it goes straight to DVD.

Thanks for the review.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 05:38 PM)
Anyone else see Children of Men? One of the best movies I've seen put out in a while.

Edit: oops. I keep saying "City of Men" or "Children of God" when referring to this movie.

One of the best movies I've seen in YEARS. f***ing amazing. Naturalistic sc-fi. Who knew? That better get nominated for Cinematography.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 05:14 PM)
"The Descent" is the greatest horrow movie of all-time. Period.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 06:40 PM)
Yeah, I've heard great things about it, but the trailer looked awful. It's good, huh?

Hot babes eaten raw like sushi.

Where's the downside?

:huh

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)

It was good, but I think Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, Psycho, Audition, Alien, The Shining, The Thing, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, Nightmare on Elm Street, Suspiria, Poltergeist, Jaws and The Exorcist might have a say about your claim.

:D

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)

I don't think so, my friend. It was decent. But nothing tops Saw. And has anybody seen the "Hitcher" yet? I'm gonna go check it out in a couple hours.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
Yeah, I've heard great things about it, but the trailer looked awful. It's good, huh?

The monsters get handled by women. That's a no no for me. Sorry Steff.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 06:27 PM)
It was good, but I think Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, Psycho, Audition, Alien, The Shining, The Thing, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, Nightmare on Elm Street, Suspiria, Poltergeist, Jaws and The Exorcist might have a say about your claim.

:D

Where's Saw? And when you say Dawn of the Dead please tell me you mean the original. The new one was f***ing terrible.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
I don't think so, my friend. It was decent. But nothing tops Saw. And has anybody seen the "Hitcher" yet? I'm gonna go check it out in a couple hours.

The monsters get handled by women. That's a no no for me. Sorry Steff.

Where's Saw? And when you say Dawn of the Dead please tell me you mean the original. The new one was f***ing terrible.

Of course the original...no question!

BTW, speaking of "originals"...check the original "The Hitcher" with Rutger Hauer! Intense, horrifying and Scary. It should have been on my list.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)
Of course the original...no question!

BTW, speaking of "originals"...check the original "The Hitcher" with Rutger Hauer! Intense, horrifying and Scary. It should have been on my list.

I refuse to see the remake out of respect for the original, 'The Hitcher' is one of the first movies of its kind that I ever saw. The seen at the end with the semis was just insane, I probably shouldn't have seen it as an 8 year old.