Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 01:46 AM)
I think books are more personal in that you have to picture a lot of things for yourself. Sometimes people are dissapointed when things in a film don't match how they pictured them when they read the book and that causes them to say the book was better.

By they way, watched 'Once' tonight. Good film, with very good music. It's probably 60% music, so it's basically a musical and you should be prepared for that going into it.

I'm not a big reader, though I've had to read certain books back in high school that were also movies. I remember reading the Running Man and loving it (and seriously, I've never read a book in my life that I wasn't required to read). I hadn't seen the movie with Arnold until after I read the book. I couldn't even believe the difference between the two. The book was incredible and the movie was the worst possible depiction of it. Another example is Salem's Lot. Two Stephen King books, ha.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 01:22 PM)
One day you should pick up a movie version and book version of something Stephen King has done. Anything. Carrie, Cujo, Dreamcatcher, The Dark Half, The Langoliers, Thinner, etc. Compare

Stephen King writes some pretty terrifying stuff, and it never seems to translate to the big screen

I didnt realize you were a super nerd if you read a book

Ha, I hadn't even read this post before I made my own.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
AMerican Psycho is a great movie, but the book had so much more and was nuts.

Yeah that was one of few books Ive read that had a movie follow it. The book was definitely more in depth and I would agree nuts.

Still one of my favorite movies.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 01:57 PM)
reading blows, I cant see any logical reason why someone would rather read a book then watch a movie where they don't have to do any work at all but sit there and watch it..

I think its a complete joke that anyone can say books are better than movies, and no you super nerds the book is never scarier than the movie..

I didnt realize reading was so much work? :bang

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 02:51 AM)
Spider Man 3 was a disappointment to me.

I have yet to see Spiderman 3, but I've heard it wasn't that good, and that disappoints me b/c I really liked the first 2 movies. I'm still gonna see it, though. Just gonna wait till it comes out on DVD.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
reading blows, I cant see any logical reason why someone would rather read a book then watch a movie where they don't have to do any work at all but sit there and watch it..

I think its a complete joke that anyone can say books are better than movies, and no you super nerds the book is never scarier than the movie..

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
Watched Green Street Hooligans last night, and while I thought it had the makings of a good movie, it's just tough for me to take Elijah Wood as a 'fighting' character too seriously.

That movie was surprisingly badass.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 06:23 PM)
Breach was damn good. Chris Cooper was amazing in it.

Ya, I saw that about 2 weeks ago and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Anyone catch "Spielberg on Spielberg" on Turner Movie Classics Monday? I missed it and don't see it being replayed in the next week so I downloaded it. A few interesting stories and a good watch if interested.

I feel kind juvenile admitting this but Transformers was awesome.The effects really got me which normally I could care less about.And there was some really funny moments to go along with it,just a great summer flick.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 07:55 PM)
I feel kind juvenile admitting this but Transformers was awesome.The effects really got me which normally I could care less about.And there was some really funny moments to go along with it,just a great summer flick.

Actually, I agree. I thought it would suck and I really enjoyed it. It was a throwback to my childhood.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 07:55 PM)

I don't know about it being "great" but I sort of feel the same way.

SPOILER

Didn't anyone else just laugh after they supposedly hid the evidence of the Transformers ever existing. It's like duh, thousands of people just saw them destroy half a city.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 09:18 PM)

SPOILER

Didn't anyone else just laugh after they supposedly hid the evidence of the Transformers ever existing. It's like duh, thousands of people just saw them destroy half a city.

Pretty sure they weren't trying to hid anything... they were just trying to dispose of the bodies so they couldn't be used... I'm probally blowng air out of my ass but that's what I am guessing.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 09:18 PM)

SPOILER

Pretty sure they weren't trying to hid anything... they were just trying to dispose of the bodies so they couldn't be used... I'm probally blowng air out of my ass but that's what I am guessing.

yeah, they werent trying to hide the bodies, they were dropping them into the deepest crevice in the ocean because they figured the pressure and the temperature would not allow those transformers to be able to come back up.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 11:06 PM)
yeah, they werent trying to hide the bodies, they were dropping them into the deepest crevice in the ocean because they figured the pressure and the temperature would not allow those transformers to be able to come back up.

I'm pretty sure they referred to it as hiding the evidence, and then Optimus Prime was talking about living among the humans without them knowing it.