Films

LosMediasBlancas

Way from left field, but I caught the end of Parenthood on cable the other day, hadn't seen it in years and when I did, I may of been too young to get it.

Is it assumed at the end that Larry is killed my the gangsters when he says he wants to go to Tokyo, or is it assumed that he is just running of like he always did and leaves the kid behind?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
Syriana

syriana.jpg

George Clooney, Matt Damon, Amanda Peet, Alexander Siddig, Chris Cooper

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365737/plotsummary

Trailer (link should work)

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/syriana/large.html

I'm looking forward to this one, as well as Good Night, and Good Luck and The Constant Gardener.  I love political films... because they're all liberal!!!!

movie looks great. I loved Traffic which was written by this guy. Great cast and I will see almost anything with George Clooney in it.

I saw Fog and it was the dumbest movie Ive ever seen... and I go to the theaters almost every Friday so im there a lot which is saying something.  I saw the original and it wasnt that bad but the remake is just beyond horrible.

Now why would they want to go and remake a perfect movie? Doesn’t everyone remember the original, with that great American actress, Adrienne Barbeau (who just happened to be married to the director, John Carpenter, at the time)? Of course, Adrienne shined in the TV sitcom, Maude, playing Bea Arthur’s daughter. Oh never mind. Most of you weren’t even born way back then.

FOR ZOMBIE FANS ONLY

This is an awesome and perhaps the awesomest trailer for a movie called Worst Case Scenario. The thing is, this trailer is for a movie that has not yet been made and was just used as a promo for investors and while I haven't heard any recent news, Brian Yuzna(Re-Animator) is apparently producing.

http://www.gorehoundinc.com/

Click the poster then promoreal tab for the trailer

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
I saw Fog and it was the dumbest movie Ive ever seen... and I go to the theaters almost every Friday so im there a lot which is saying something.  I saw the original and it wasnt that bad but the remake is just beyond horrible.

Im afraid for the big screen adaptation coming out for Steven Kings "The Mist".

Everytime I see the (bad) trailer for The Fog, I think to myself "This is what The Mist is gonna be. A hastily done, not well thought-out, poorly adapted film that will forever tarnish my personal mental adaptation of a crazy story by Steven King. Damnit."

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
Way from left field, but I caught the end of Parenthood on cable the other day, hadn't seen it in years and when I did, I may of been too young to get it.

Is it assumed at the end that Larry is killed my the gangsters when he says he wants to go to Tokyo, or is it assumed that he is just running of like he always did and leaves the kid behind?

The way I interpreted it was that Larry's Dad (Jason Robards) paid Larry whatever money he needed so he wouldnt get in whatever trouble he was in, and then told Larry to leave Cool there with them.

I also watched that movie recently, and noticed alot of things that went right over my head when I was a 12 year old watching it for the first time. Most notably the vibrator scene. I was laughing so hard i started crying when i saw that.

Steve Martin rules. I watched Bowfinger the other day, and I think that movie got a raw deal. I thought it was really funny.

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
Requiem for a dream is one f***ed up and disturbing movie.

i loved it.

Seeing it once is fine because Aronofsky is quite talented and it's cool to watch his work...but it is so depressing and chaotic that I can't watch it any more than that.

Seeing it once is fine because Aronofsky is quite talented and it's cool to watch his work...but it is so depressing and chaotic that I can't watch it any more than that.

I saw Requiem For A Dream when it came out mostly because I'm an Ellen Burstyn fan. I liked the split screen stuff and the overall visual look. Don't remember a heck of a lot about it except that it was a great Just Say No to Drugs film. LOL Actually, the whole treatment of the ingestion/injection of the chemicals really grabbed me - the pupils, the sounds, the colors - what a rush!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
Went and saw DOOM last night. 

People on here and at work told me it was going to suck.  They were wrong.  It kicked ass!!!

Yah I got sucked into seeing that last night as well. I actually enjoyed it for a mindless action film. The Rock kind of sucked which sort of disapointed me but the first person part of the movie was really cool and not overused at all.

DOOM>Chronicles of Riddick

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
Yah I got sucked into seeing that last night as well.  I actually enjoyed it for a mindless action film.  The Rock kind of sucked which sort of disapointed me but the first person part of the movie was really cool and not overused at all.

DOOM>Chronicles of Riddick

Nothing like a good action film I always say.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Went and saw DOOM last night. 

People on here and at work told me it was going to suck.  They were wrong.  It kicked ass!!!

For what it was, Doom was a great movie. You don't go to a movie based on a game expecting it to be life-altering. You go to see some good action, gore, etc. Doom really delivered (pun intended) on that. It didn't drag on and it wasn't boring. I'd definitely watch it again for a cheap thrill. I won't buy it, but I have friends that will :P

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
Saw The Weather Man on Friday, not bad, kinda funny, but it felt... unfinished.

I get that from alot of Nicholas Cage movies. i felt the same way after Matchstick men, The Family Man, any and all of his action movies (Con-Air, Face-off, etc..)

I saw 2 movies: Crash (best movie of the year so far) and Hotel Rawanda (it was Ok). Crash is very powerful and it really makes you think about racial treatment that sort of go unnoticed. Ludacris was great as was all the rest of this cast. The visuals were excellent. Hotel Rawanda was ok but not great. Don Cheadle was great and deserved an oscar nominee but other than that i wasn't that impressed. I can't wait for Jarhead to come out Friday.