Films

LosMediasBlancas

Yeah, he is kind of typecast, but I think it's because he does it so damn well, and is always so likeable.

I've never seen that documentary.

The other night I finally saw a movie most people are shocked to hear I have never seen. I finally saw The Goonies. It was a decent movie, and my daughter loved it, but I don't feel like I have missed out on anything.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
Yeah, he is kind of typecast, but I think it's because he does it so damn well, and is always so likeable.

I've never seen that documentary.

The other night I finally saw a movie most people are shocked to hear I have never seen. I finally saw The Goonies. It was a decent movie, and my daughter loved it, but I don't feel like I have missed out on anything.

Heard of it, but I've never seen it either :huh

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 02:46 PM)
It is just an observation about Grant, that's all. To me, he seems like the same guy in every film, kinda typecast.

Has anyone seen that documentary about a guy trying to get a date with Drew Barrymore?

He kind of broke out of the bumbling affiable Englishman with About a Boy and Bridget Jones; but he seems to have returned to those parts with Love, Actually and 2 Weeks Notice (and to a lesser extent Music and Lyrics). I read somewhere he actually doesn't like to play the stammering guy because that's not who he is and he finds those nice guys uninteresting. And, to be honest, I think I actually liked him better in About a Boy and the first Bridget Jones where he is less of a "rube" than he is in most of his RomComs.

But I agree Kid, he is great.

Dunno if anyone mentioned this yet but I really don't want to run back though and look but The Prestige is one kick ass movie and since it just came out on DVD i recommend it to all. Definitely was one of the few movies that I wanted to go back and watch again once i got out of the movie theater.

QUOTE(Scwible @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 06:14 PM)
Dunno if anyone mentioned this yet but I really don't want to run back though and look but The Prestige is one kick ass movie and since it just came out on DVD i recommend it to all. Definitely was one of the few movies that I wanted to go back and watch again once i got out of the movie theater.

I thought it was outstanding as well. Christian Bale really is the best actor going right now IMO. It was a good change of pace film from a lot of the crap I've been watching lately, I'll definitely be picking it up first opportunity I get.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)
I saw Half Nelson last night. It was a very Indie movie and definitely had that Indie vibe to it. The movie was uneven, I thought. The acting was good, Ryan Nelson deserved that Oscar nomination, and I thought the girl that played Drey was also really good. The major problem I had with the film was that it just couldn't keep my attention. I felt like the acting was too good for the direction they received and the way the film was cut and, basically, the way the story was told.

The movie was also a lot funnier than I expected (more funny in a Welcome to the Dollhouse way, than anything else). Not a bad rental movie, but I'm glad I didn't pay full movie price for it.

I agree. Great acting by Ryan Gosling. But I couldn't pay attention as well during it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 18, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
Man, I hope '300' doesn't suck, because what I've seen looks amazing.

I fear it will be overdone. Miami 911 is jsut like the show...some hillarious parts...lots of absolutely stupid parts. My recommendation is to wait to rent it.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 11:39 PM)
Oh, I'm also on the 300 bandwagon. That looks like a great film.

Imdb.com users (which are likely studio executives and people associated with the film) have already voted the film into the Top 250 movies of all time. #250 actually. We'll seen how that rating pans out once the film is released nationwide.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 11:37 PM)
I fear it will be overdone. Miami 911 is jsut like the show...some hillarious parts...lots of absolutely stupid parts. My recommendation is to wait to rent it.

I thought I heard '300' will be playing at I-Max theaters as well. Man, talk about a treat for the eyes.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 12:52 PM)

Somehow, I never saw Goonies either. I don't even think I've ever stumbled across it accidently on tv. My wife loves it, though, so I'll rent it for my kids in a few years. I can't wait to watch Stand By Me with my son. He's 7 now, so I think I'll wait a little while on that, too.

PS I'm not ashamed to watch Back to the Future every time it's on. My son alerts me every time the commercial with Christopher Lloyd comes on tv, "Dad, it's the guy from your favorite movie."

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 03:31 AM)
I watched 23, it was interesting but the movie itself was way over-done and it took away from being able to enjoy it. Hard to get in specifics without giving away parts of the movie.

It was also alot like a couple recent movies,Johnny Depp,Nathan Bale.All Iam saying if you know what movies Iam saying when I say it.Okay,something about a window and a machinerist.

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 10:04 AM)
It was also alot like a couple recent movies,Johnny Depp,Nathan Bale.All Iam saying if you know what movies Iam saying when I say it.Okay,something about a window and a machinerist.

Nathan Bale? Shame on you sir. The Machinist was such a good movie. Secret Window was meh.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)
OK, just sitting around and watching anything on tv to pass the time. And now I'm wondering, how the hell did The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen get made?

You could ask that question about a lot of movies.

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 03:12 AM)
Somehow, I never saw Goonies either. I don't even think I've ever stumbled across it accidently on tv. My wife loves it, though, so I'll rent it for my kids in a few years. I can't wait to watch Stand By Me with my son. He's 7 now, so I think I'll wait a little while on that, too.

PS I'm not ashamed to watch Back to the Future every time it's on. My son alerts me every time the commercial with Christopher Lloyd comes on tv, "Dad, it's the guy from your favorite movie."

Speaking of old movies, I watched an 80's cult classic "The Gate" on Comcast OnDemand earlier this afternoon. Not exactly on the level of The Goonies in terms of popularity, but I had never seen it before. I was actually quite shocked at how realistic special effects within the movie appeared. Overall it was a solid, albeit cheesy, film.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 03:31 AM)
I watched 23, it was interesting but the movie itself was way over-done and it took away from being able to enjoy it. Hard to get in specifics without giving away parts of the movie.

I thought it was pretty good up until the last 25 minutes or so. After that it was pretty terrible and cliched.