Interesting

LDF

Tony Graffanino will be the starting shortstop today, and manager Jerry Manuel will continue to sit switch-hitter Jose Valentin against left-handed pitchers. LHP Jeremy Affeldt will pitch for Kansas City, and Valentin is a career .217 hitter against southpaws. Manuel said if the White Sox win a World Series, he would think about walking away from the game. LHP Mark Buehrle is 6-3 with a 2.91 ERA against Kansas City after losing the opener. C Sandy Alomar, 36, is the oldest player on the roster, and RHP Jon Garland, 23, is the youngest.

Tony Graffanino will be the starting shortstop today, and manager Jerry Manuel will continue to sit switch-hitter Jose Valentin against left-handed pitchers. LHP Jeremy Affeldt will pitch for Kansas City, and Valentin is a career .217 hitter against southpaws. Manuel said if the White Sox win a World Series, he would think about walking away from the game. LHP Mark Buehrle is 6-3 with a 2.91 ERA against Kansas City after losing the opener. C Sandy Alomar, 36, is the oldest player on the roster, and RHP Jon Garland, 23, is the youngest.

kill-joy :angry:

kill-joy :angry:

If that isn't incentive to win a title, maybe JR should say he will sell the team if they win it all :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
I don't know why everyone's so hard on JM. I really like him.

hey you !!!!!!!!!! long time no see..... glad your here............see ya on friday right??????? anyhow i like jm as well.. its kw that makes him look like a goof.........wish kw would keep his 2 cents to himself and let jm run the team as he was hired to do.............

Yeah, well maybe JM could be so kind as to walk away right now. Then we could win a WS. The man is incompetent. I hate KW and JM...

This isn't KW's fault. I think he put the pieces there. I'm not gonna blame JM yet either. I've always had some worries about JM, but the players seem to like him, and it seems like to me as long as thats the case, then your doing alright as a manager. I think a lot of the other aspects get overhyped.

Of course I'd take Scioscia or Baker any day over him. I really like Scioscia because of all the hit and runs and steals. They really play small ball and I think the Sox would do real well putting guys in motion, considering how many contact hitters they have. Too bad Manuel seems to just play AL ball. Last year early in the season they were agressive and we were winning, then they just stopped doing it. In 2000 we were more agressive too. Lots of hits and runs.

Go back to what was working. I think if the Sox start off bad in the first two weeks, you'll see them hire Bobby Valentine or some very respected manager with the hopes of righting the ship.

Bobby Valentine would light a fire under their asses, that's for sure.  But he's like Showalter.  Good for two years at the most.

With the realative ages and salaries of the players we have, do we really have much more than two years that we can afford all of these guys? Unless attendance explodes over the next two years, we are most likely going to have a very different team in 2k5 or 2k6 anyways...

Bobby Valentine would light a fire under their asses, that's for sure.  But he's like Showalter.  Good for two years at the most.

With the realative ages and salaries of the players we have, do we really have much more than two years that we can afford all of these guys? Unless attendance explodes over the next two years, we are most likely going to have a very different team in 2k5 or 2k6 anyways...

If they keep playing like they did in KC, attendance is going to implode, not explode.