WSCR 670AM, MLB.com: "El Duque" agrees to deal

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce levine in 2 -3 hrs will find out and be amazed and report same thing. Lol right now hes sleeping lol

I can see it now

BRUUUCE LEVINE with another AM1000 exclusive. Kenny has confided with me that we are going to offer El Duque a 2 year deal. You heard it here first people.

Dammit.  I was hoping for Luis Tiant.

Fernando Valenzuela is still pitching...

W  L    ERA   G SV  IP     H   R  ER  BB  SO SO/9

Valenzuela, Fernando 1 1 6.52 5 0 19.1 31 19 14 10 8 3.7

... In the Mexican league

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/sbmf/sbmfmpib.htm

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

If you want to find out the sox plans, just sit KW down and ask him one by one about each FA we think or player we would trade for. The minute he starts to giggle like a 7 year old on sugar you have your answer. I am sure that this is all that George Offerman or Bruuuce Levine does. they pump KW full of redbull and watch his reactions.

Fernando Valenzuela is still pitching...

W  L    ERA   G SV  IP     H   R  ER  BB  SO SO/9

Valenzuela, Fernando      1  1 6.52 5  0  19.1  31  19  14  10 8  3.7

... In the Mexican league

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/sbmf/sbmfmpib.htm

NO WAY! :o

Fernando is about 54 LOL!

Look I know it says El Duque is 35, But I know a guy and people from the baseball world down here. I know a lot of players who played in our National team, I know a guy who's 39 or 40 right now and he played against el duque when he first got the Prcian National team and he was 19 and he told me El Duque was already on Cuba's A squad

For the sake of the entire staff's arms, if we signed El Duque, I wouldn't skip the 5th starter spot if we didn't play five games in a row. Whether it's El Duque, Contreras, Garland, whoever. I'd always run through five, unless it's a extenuating circumstance.

Your thoughts?

I'm in awe. I'll tell ya, I'll be real dissappointed if I wake up tomorrow and find out that this rumor is false.

We can now, actually, go on a winning streak for five or more games. If, God willing, our starters all catch fire at the same time, we might be able to put on one of those double-digit winnings streaks. Boy, would that be nice.

Hopefully this move will loosen up Contreras a bit, too. No excuses. He's got his family here, another Cuban, he's set to go for his Cy Young season the Yankees were hoping for when they bought him -- except, it will be in the White Sox pinstripes (or so I hope). :headbang :pray

NO WAY! :o

Fernando is about 54 LOL!

Look I know it says El Duque is 35, But I know a guy and people from the baseball world down here. I know a lot of players who played in our National team, I know a guy who's 39 or 40 right now and he played against el duque when he first got the Prcian National team and he was 19 and he told me El Duque was already on Cuba's A squad

Josh, his real age, as best as can be determined without cutting him open and counting his rings, is 39... http://baseball-reference.com/h/hernaor01.shtml

For the sake of the entire staff's arms, if we signed El Duque, I wouldn't skip the 5th starter spot if we didn't play five games in a row.  Whether it's El Duque, Contreras, Garland, whoever.  I'd always run through five, unless it's a extenuating circumstance.

Your thoughts?

All that i knows is hernandez cannot start 30+ games. So at some point he is gonna have to miss some starts here and there.