A Snowball in Hell

Wong & Owens

Me and my 3 cohorts, who haven't missed a home opener since 1988, just got completely screwed on the tickets we were supposed to get. We're now trying to get into the lower bowl, so if anybody has any leads on somebody looking to move some seats, we'd be happy to take them off their hands. Otherwise, I guess I'll bring my telescope for section 540.

Me and my 3 cohorts, who haven't missed a home opener since 1988, just got completely screwed on the tickets we were supposed to get.  We're now trying to get into the lower bowl, so if anybody has any leads on somebody looking to move some seats, we'd be happy to take them off their hands.  Otherwise, I guess I'll bring my telescope for section 540.

The Sox release a ton of tickets near to game time. You can likely upgrade your tickets. But I agree with cw. The UD is fine to watch a game. Besides, we'll be winning HUGE so everyone will likely be paying more attention to their refreshment intake :D

How do we know you are good enough to qualify as an upper deck person? :huh:

:)

Well, do any of these make me eligible?:

Haven't missed a home opener since 1988, when I was 12 years old.

Walked 10 miles to attend openers in years 1989, 90, 91 and 92.

Slept outside Comiskey in 2000 for playoff tickets.

Blew a red light while in the car listening to Jeff Abbott hit game-winning home run off Minnesota's Bob Wells. Received citation.

Owned season tickets in 1997, 98, 99, 01.

not necessarily - you could be wealthy person with no job.

this is a definite upper deck thing to do - but why not take the bus or el?

another upoper deck winner!

Blew a red light while in the car listening to Jeff Abbott hit game-winning home run off Minnesota's Bob Wells. Received citation.

can't give you this one. Real upper deck person would have kept on driving and never seen the cop behind them, let alone stoip for a citation. And what the hell was wrong with the cop anyway?

and you gave them up?

Overall you could be upper deck material! :headbang

I be in section 533 Friday - usually in 534 but had to make due. I actually love the upper deck. What I can't stand is the bleachers. I feel a million miles away from the game out there.

another upoper deck winner!

can't give you this one.  Real upper deck person would have kept on driving and never seen the cop behind them, let alone stoip for a citation.  And what the hell was wrong with the cop anyway?  

and you gave them up?

Overall you could be upper deck material!  :headbang

I be in section 533 Friday - usually in 534 but had to make due.  I actually love the upper deck.  What I can't stand is the bleachers.  I feel a million miles away from the game out there.

Believe me, that ain't the case

I did it as part of a Walkathon for my high school

can't give you this one. Real upper deck person would have kept on driving and never seen the cop behind them, let alone stoip for a citation. And what the hell was wrong with the cop anyway?

I was on the north side, obviously

and you gave them up?

Couldn't afford the time commitment anymore. Job duties, familial obligations, et al. I still get to 15 games a year or so.

Overall you could be upper deck material!

YESSSSS!!!!!

lol, good one.

I still can't wait to hear the giant thud of all those so called "fans" up there falling off the bandwagon when that team starts rebuilding.  ;)

W

E

D

O

N

O

T

R

E

B

U

I

L

D

W

E

R

E

L

O

A

D

;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
How do we know you are good enough to qualify as an upper deck person?   :huh:

:)

Well, do any of these make me eligible?:

i kinda feel bad for you.......heres a tip.... take it for what its worth......and dont tell anyone else.......since you have those lovely ud seats and you want to be down below.. i suggest one of the two following things......either 1. get to the park early and stand in line to get to the bar upper deck to sit or 2. get to a ticket window and see if you can upgrade .. you better get there early though im sure that a thousand other folks have the same thing on their minds............if you would have said something eariler then i could have helped you out with my extra tickets.........next time ask in advance ok.........there are a few of us who can help ya out............

The upper deck is for all those annoying Red Wing fans that we don't want stinking up the lower bowl.   ;)

S

T

A

N

L

E

Y

C

U

P

P

L

A

Y

O

F

F

S

;)

Oh, in about 2 years, you will have to rebuild from nothing, and i'm going to love it.

DETROIT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO NUCKS, STARS, AVS, BLUES, DEVILS, FLYERS, AND SENS

ALL TEAMS THAT COULD POTENTIALLY KNOCK YOU OFF

AND I WILL WATCH EVERY PLAYOFF GAME JUST HOPING THE WINGS LOSE, AND THAT CHELIOS BREAKS HIS SPINE.

ER, just to clarify, I don't have UD tickets yet, I just assumed there were some available. I've heard since then that this was a bad assumption on my part. Maybe I'll shoot my way to the roof of one of the remaining Taylor Homes buildings. It'll be just like Cubs fans do!!

ER, just to clarify, I don't have UD tickets yet, I just assumed there were some available.  I've heard since then that this was a bad assumption on my part.  Maybe I'll shoot my way to the roof of one of the remaining Taylor Homes buildings.  It'll be just like Cubs fans do!!

How many do you need..? I know that there are several great lower bowl seats still if you want to buy singles. To be honest.. the UD is a great place on opening day. I've sat there 9 out of the past 13 years and I like it.

AND I WILL WATCH EVERY PLAYOFF GAME JUST HOPING THE WINGS LOSE, AND THAT CHELIOS BREAKS HIS SPINE.

you watch and cheer for who you want, but to wish permanent injury on anyone turning them into a para or quadra palegic is incredibly immature and in fact quite sick.

You are an asshole.

ER, just to clarify, I don't have UD tickets yet, I just assumed there were some available.  I've heard since then that this was a bad assumption on my part.  Maybe I'll shoot my way to the roof of one of the remaining Taylor Homes buildings.  It'll be just like Cubs fans do!!

tickets are still available

OPENING DAY!

This Friday is Opening Day at U.S. Cellular Field when the White

Sox face the Tigers at 3:05. A limited number of tickets remain!

Buy tickets now for this and all 2003 home games.

Purchase White Sox single game tickets now >

http://lists.mlb.com/u/78796/155387

Print out our 2003 season schedule >

http://lists.mlb.com/u/78797/155387

The upper deck is for all those annoying Red Wing fans that we don't want stinking up the lower bowl.   ;)

S

T

A

N

L

E

Y

C

U

P

P

L

A

Y

O

F

F

S

;)

Oh, in about 2 years, you will have to rebuild from nothing, and i'm going to love it.

DETROIT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO NUCKS, STARS, AVS, BLUES, DEVILS, FLYERS, AND SENS

ALL TEAMS THAT COULD POTENTIALLY KNOCK YOU OFF

Yikes.. that's not nice :nono

you watch and cheer for who you want, but to wish permanent injury on anyone turning them into a para or quadra palegic is incredibly immature and in fact quite sick.

You are an asshole.

while i want the redwings to lose, i just wanted to emphasize how much i hate chelios. of course i don't want him to break his spine, that was a joke...sorry if you thought i was serious

just a few weeks ago, maybe a month, we had a discussion in here of people who have been injured, temporarily and permanently, suffering life long effects. It is a sensitive issue.

As far as anyone wanting the Red Wings to lose, that just makes it more fun for us! I didn't expect to contend this year at all, but here it is, we are. It has got to be tough on BH fans that that team is owned by such a jerk and is not competitive year in year out because of the way the team is operated.

just a few weeks ago, maybe a month, we had a discussion in here of people who have been injured, temporarily and permanently, suffering life long effects.  It is a sensitive issue.

As far as anyone wanting the Red Wings to lose, that just makes it more fun for us! I didn't expect to contend this year at all, but here it is, we are.  It has got to be tough on BH fans that that team is owned by such a jerk and is not competitive year in year out because of the way the team is operated.

oh, trust me, it's hell...especially when your biggest rival is winning the cup every other year. we won't go anywhere til someone wirtz is gone and either his son takes over or new ownership takes over...and if mike smith is still around next year, we'll miss the playoffs again. what more does he have to "prove"? he's terrible, all he can do is draft (we think, based on his prospects and what scouts say)

Guest hotsoxchick1

LOL, looks like you saw all the s***ty years and missed the only good one. :)

:nono potty mouth...... :nono lol