Konerko Article

USAF_11F4H

Here's my question, why would the Sox deal Konerko and Garland for Vazquez??

In my opinion, with another prospect that's tough offer for the Yanks to beat in order to land Randy Johnson?

Why the hell do we have to deal with New York, I'm a big Vazquez fan, but imagine this rotation now without Garland and add Randy Johnson. It's down right scary.

I know that most of you will respond to my post saying this deal would only be done because of the Sox financial situation, I'm aware of that. It's just a thought that crossed my mind. Please discuss...

CWSOX45

Here's my question, why would the Sox deal Konerko and Garland for Vazquez??

In my opinion, with another prospect that's  tough offer for the Yanks to beat in order to land Randy Johnson?

Why the hell do we have to deal with New York, I'm a big Vazquez fan, but imagine this rotation now without Garland and add Randy Johnson. It's down right scary.

I know that most of you will respond to my post saying this deal would only be done because of the Sox financial situation, I'm aware of that. It's just a thought that crossed my mind. Please discuss...

CWSOX45

You make a good point.

Just because we can't get Randy, I don't think we should aide the Yankees in getting him by offering Konerko and Garland to get Javier Vazquez.

I think we should just stand pat honestly.

We have five guys who can go out there and give you a chance each time they pitch.

No way I'd want to risk a bat like Konerko for what may only be a small upgrade in the rotation with Vazquez.

Now if we could get Randy for PK/Garland, I may be for it, but only if we can extend Randy beyond this season. Otherwise, no way.

i dont see why johnson wouldnt accept a freaking trade here.... i mean, if i saw a pitching rotation like ours... and was the dominating ace johnson is.... i would be like... "if i was on this team would we be able to contend for a world series?"

and then in my best nepoliean dynomite impression i would say out loud:

"HECK YEAH!"

i mean, just blah... come on randy you bum. if i wasnt feeling a bit nicer today, id tell him the eat a dick... but, i dont think i will....

go screw yourself unit

yeah, thats nicer :bang

PK would be an idiot not to jump on that offer.

I agree, that's a good offer for him, although a huge money Delgado deal may mess everything up, and if I was his agent I would not sign anything until I see what Delgado gets... with his contract and Sexson, you can gauge a market for PK better.... Don't forget, if the Yankees buyout Giambi's contract and use Tino Martinez as a one year stop gap, they could have serious interest in PK next off-season.