projected wins by our rotation

LosMediasBlancas

Garland - 20 wins (something he's completely capable of)

call me crazy but garland could surprise us all this year, and could be the missing link that will bring us to the world series

Shouldn't that be in green. BUT, mark my words, if I am wrong and Garland does win 20 games and take us to the World Series, I will give you 20 dollars.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked that Garland's biggest fans on this board only have him penciled in for 12-13 wins.

MB: 20

FG: 17

JC: 15

JG: 14 :P

OH:11

Hell I hate the guy but I think if he steps it up this year he will have 20+ wins. If that happens, and everyone else works up to expectations, we'll go to the playoffs

Buehrle - 21 wins

Garcia - 18 wins

Garland - 20 wins (something he's completely capable of)

Contreras - 13 wins

El Duque - 11 wins (he wont get very many starts, ebing in the fifth spot)

83 wins by our starting rotation, call me crazy but garland could surprise us all this year, and could be the missing link that will bring us to the world series

im a garland fan but all i have to say about garland leading our sox to a WS title is....

:lizard

Shouldn't that be in green. BUT, mark my words, if I am wrong and Garland does win 20 games and take us to the World Series, I will give you 20 dollars.

I like making bold predictions, and i think that garland has the ability to win 20 games (dont get me wrong he may win 11 games and continue to be the most hated man in our rotation)

im a garland fan but all i have to say about garland leading our sox to a WS title is....

:lizard

well he wont really be doing the leading, but the extra ten wins he'll give us will give us the playoff berth and dependable 3rd starter

Let me put it another way. Does a team play a game with the expectation of winning or losing? The answer is winning. Wins are expected. So you plan against losses.

I really don't care how many games Garland wins but the starters as a whole can't have more than 50 losses. For every 10+ loss Garland racks up a starter has to make up that difference.

If Garland has only 10 losses in 2004 in 30+GS he's done his job.

I like making bold predictions, and i think that garland has the ability to win 20 games (dont get me wrong he may win 11 games and continue to be the most hated man in our rotation)

Garland does not have the ability to win 20 games. To win 20 games you have to be consistent, and he's never shown the ability to do so in his entire career. He's got decent stuff, but doesn't have what it takes between the ears. If the RJ trade still might go through, the Sox should jump at the chance to give away Garland for either RJ or Vasquez, just so long as they don't give up too much else.

Freddy Garcia

17-8, 4.15 ERA, 215 IP, 65 BB / 200 K

Mark Buehrle

16-11, 3.90 ERA, 240 IP, 60 BB / 145 K

El Duque:

13-9, 4.20 ERA, 170 IP, 70 BB / 170 K

Jose Contreras:

13-9, 4.85 ERA, 185 IP,  95 BB / 170 K

Jon Garland:

12-12, 4.70 ERA, 205 IP, 75 BB / 110K

tell us what you really think, would you? =D

Garland does not have the ability to win 20 games.  To win 20 games you have to be consistent, and he's never shown the ability to do so in his entire career.  He's got decent stuff, but doesn't have what it takes between the ears.  If the RJ trade still might go through, the Sox should jump at the chance to give away Garland for either RJ or Vasquez, just so long as they don't give up too much else.

im talking physical ability here. he has good stuff, and his good stuff could win him 20 games

Remember everyone! Buerhle relied a lot on run support! A lot of the games he won were due to the Sox scoring 5-8 runs a game. I don't see that happening as often this season due to the departure of Maggs and Lee. So I say:

Buerhle 14 wins (w/ a bunch of no decisions)

Garcia 18 wins (expect an awesome year from him)

Hernandez 13 wins (a decent year, but i expect he'll miss a few starts due to an injury)

Contreras 12 wins (i agree, he'll have an up and down season)

Garland 16 wins (i really think he'll finally come out of his shell this season and it will be about damn time!!!)

I agree about buehrle, he did get a lot of run support last year, and it happend more than 2 or 3 times. in some of those games, he pitched very well only give up 2 or less runs, but then again i know it is a different game when you go out to the mound up 8-0 or whatever the score may be. But i think buehrle has the stuff to win without run support like that.

The SABR guys may not like this but I don't always think it's just luck when a guy like Mark gets run support. Sometimes it is though (matt clement's bad support). There is something to be said for pitching well enough to win whether it's 12-11 or 3-2. Guys like Estes and Oswalt are two very different pitchers in terms of quality, but both pitched well enough to win a lot in 04. I think the offense is very comfortable with Mark out there. Plus, he works so fast that I think the team doesn't fall into a lull in the field or at the plate.

Remember everyone! Buerhle relied a lot on run support! A lot of the games he won were due to the Sox scoring 5-8 runs a game. I don't see that happening as often this season due to the departure of Maggs and Lee. So I say:

Buerhle 14 wins (w/ a bunch of no decisions)

Garcia 18 wins (expect an awesome year from him)

Hernandez 13 wins (a decent year, but i expect he'll miss a few starts due to an injury)

Contreras 12 wins (i agree, he'll have an up and down season)

Garland 16 wins (i really think he'll finally come out of his shell this season and it will be about damn time!!!)

Buehrle had an era under 4 pitching at the Cell in the american league, he didn't win the majority of his games because of run support, he's an EXCELLENT pitcher.