PTBNL

TLAK

I'm just throwing this out there for comment.

The White Sox are still owed a player to be named in the Carlos Lee deal.

One name I have not heard rumored is Junior Spivey. He is a RH hitting middle infielder who had 'loads' of potential but never really panned out, mostly due to injury. He's coming off shoulder surgery now and is supposed to be OK.

His '05 salary will be $2.375 million

Sounds high except:

2.4 (Spivey) + 0.55 (Podsednik) + 1.5 (Vizcaino) + 3.5 (Hernandez) = 7.95.

Lee's 2005 salary will be $8.0 million.

Impossible?

I'm just throwing this out there for comment.

The White Sox are still owed a player to be named in the Carlos Lee deal.

One name I have not heard rumored is Junior Spivey.  He is a RH hitting middle infielder who had 'loads' of potential but never really panned out, mostly due to injury. He's coming off shoulder surgery now and is supposed to be OK.

His '05 salary will be $2.375 million

Sounds high except:

2.4 (Spivey) + 0.55 (Podsednik) + 1.5 (Vizcaino) + 3.5 (Hernandez) = 7.95.

Lee's 2005 salary will be $8.0 million.

Impossible?

Does the PTBNL always have to be a minor leaguer?

Never thought about it....

The PTBNL does not have to be a minor leaguer, since the Sox and Brewers are in opposite leagues. Spivey would be great, but I'm 99% sure he's not going to be apart of that deal. If the PTBNL happens to be a major league player I wouldn't expect more than Gary Glover.

This my first time posting here. I have been reading your comments about Spivey. I just moved here from Phoenix in May. I am a longtime sox fan and as of 98 a diamondbacks fan. I would love to see him at 2nd over WH any day.

Wow, another newbie.. Welcome aboard. :cheers :cheers

This my first time posting here. I have been reading your comments about Spivey. I just moved here from Phoenix in May. I am a longtime sox fan and as of 98 a diamondbacks fan. I would love to see him at 2nd over WH any day.

Spivey would be a nice addition as I think he's very good against LHP. It is likely he's coming, no it's not. If we want an infielder who can hit LHP, Miguel Cairo is our man. If we want a great defensive infielder with an excellent OBP, Alex Cora is our man.

Hit about .274 if I'm not mistaken. Not bad.

And that was mostly at Miller's Park which is not a hitters park (just look at Podsednik's splits hitting there in 2004). In 2002, when he had his best season with Arizona which is more of a hitters stadium, he had splits of .324/.441/.612 against LHP.

And that was mostly at Miller's Park which is not a hitters park (just look at Podsednik's splits hitting there in 2004). In 2002, when he had his best season with Arizona which is more of a hitters stadium, he had splits of .324/.441/.612 against LHP.

Not sure why you think Miller Park isn't a hitters park, it's smaller than the Cell. I'd say more often than not it's the team that plays there 81 games that dictates what kind of park it is.

expect the Cell this yr not to seem so much like Coor's East now that it's not the home of the biggest power team in the AL.

Not sure why you think Miller Park isn't a hitters park, it's smaller than the Cell. I'd say more often than not it's the team that plays there 81 games that dictates what kind of park it is.

expect the Cell this yr not to seem so much like Coor's East now that it's not the home of the biggest power team in the AL.

Looking at the stats, there are some that suggest that Miller Park is a hitters park and vice versa. Milwaulkee have had some very good hitters in their lineup over the past few seasons such as Sexson, Overbay and Jenkins, but some of their hitters excel at home like Overbay and Jenkins while others don't. Just look at the splits of some of their hitters from the past season;

Scott Podsednik - Home: .213/.297/.317 Away: .274/.330/.411

Lyle Overbay - Home: .322/.411/.477 Away: .280/.359/.480

Craig Counsell - Home: .225/.348/.302 Away: .255/.311/.327

Brady Clark - Home: .230/.341/.301 Away: .335/.433/.500

Milwaulkee's ERA was also 4.09 at home, while it was 4.40 away, although that could be due to a comfort zone. Looking at the Park Factor, Miller Park was ranked 11th in runs with 1.042. It was below 1 in HR's and hits however, but very favorable to doubles, triples and walks. What does that mean? Milwaulkee probably didn't have enough power hitters, hence why they were so hot on Carlos Lee.

And the Cell will still be Coors Field of the AL, we just won't see as many home runs as we would have last seasons. But guys like Jermaine Dye could hit 30+ HR's there, and he wouldn't normally at many other ballparks in the league. But compared to the Park Factor of this season, home runs will go down from about 1.4 to about 1.25-1.3 I'd say, while doubles, triples, hits and walks will all possibly see a slight increase, which is what we want to get more of into the lineup, balance.

Kenny said it was a minor leaguer at the conference call after the deal.

I just listened to the press conference and KW did say the PTBNL would be a minor league organizational type guy.

When the trade went down there were pages and pages on this board about who the PTBNL would be, I must have gotten it into my head then and it never got out.

Thanks for the correction.