Konerko mentioned as next Yankee 1B

aboz56

Anyone else notice how even though the Yank$ increased their payroll, they eventually missed the playoffs, I got a kick out of that. :lol:

And there's no way Konerko's going to get $14 million when he hits free agency, if the likes of Sexson and even possibly Delgado aren't this offseason.

i hate the yanks

Don't hate the Yanks for having an owner who will pay what it costs to field the best team possible. Hate MLB for being to chickens*** to do anything to fix this situation. When a team is paying more in luxury taxes than a team spent on its payroll, there's a major problem.

Who here wouldn't want Reinsdorf to open his purse and spend $150-$175M a year on payroll? I sure as hell know I would.

Don't hate the Yanks for having an owner who will pay what it costs to field the best team possible.  Hate MLB for being to chickens*** to do anything to fix this situation.  When a team is paying more in luxury taxes than a team spent on its payroll, there's a major problem.

Who here wouldn't want Reinsdorf to open his purse and spend $150-$175M a year on payroll?  I sure as hell know I would.

Agreed. Don't blame the Yanks, blame Selig.

They have an owner that is willing to open his own pocketbook to field the best team in the league each and every year. It wasn't always like that in New York. Once the YES network started having wild success, King Geroge decided to take money out of his own pockets to field these amazing teams.

He spends money to make money; nothing wrong with that.

yeah, i hate when people say they hate the yanks. how can u f***in hate the yanks? theyre like the best organization in professional sports. You wish that any of the teams that you followed were like them. i know that i certainly wish that the sox were like them and cared more about winning than payroll.