2000-2004 MLB Payroll comparisons

Duke Of Chicago

If only the Sox could have a payroll of $80M or so. We could have an extra $15M or so left to spend this offseason. We could still get AJ, that Jap 2B, and we could have gotten another starter like Odalis Perez or Derek Lowe. *Sigh*

Oh well.

Also, I find it hard to believe that our payroll in 2000 was just $35M, but I'll assume it's correct. Look at the increase in money spent from 2000 to 2001. $27M. What happened in 2000? We went to the post-season. If the Sox can manage to make it there in 2005, hopefully we'll see a sizeable uppage in our payroll for 2006. Maybe not $27M worth, but an extra $10-$15M would be a huge plus for us.

QUOTE(Cali @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
Yankee payroll increased every year since 2000, and not a championship. Gotta love it.

make anyone a bet the yankees dont make it to the world series

if they do they will lose, in the past 5 years all the powerhouse teams fail to win championships from what i see

Lakers blew it against the pistons

Yankees blew against the red sox in the alcs

Detroit Red Wings have failed to live up to expectations

Eagles have faltered in attempts to make the playoffs, and they have some studs on their team

Patriots are the only powerhouse team capable of winning a championship from what i have noticed in the last 5 years

Hard to believe the Yankees actually had a payroll of under $100 mill in 2000...this year they would have doubled that...amazin

and yeah, the Sox had a payroll of 35 mill in 2000?!?!?That's expansion team #s..and we actully won that year..baseball, aint it a great game..

And you gotta love that Tampa Bay payroll in '04...LOL :bang

I think King George has that much cash in his underwear drawer