Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

When I was in Boy Scouts, someone once told me that you can't sweat in Nevada because there's no moisture in the air. I didn't believe him at the time nor do I now, but there's always been that lingering thought in my mind that people just don't make up stuff that stupid. Anyone care to finally prove him wrong (preferrably with first-hand experience)?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to double post but this thread reminds me of that show Hey, Spring of Trivia on SpikeTV. It's another Japanese import but it's actually translated literally.

I learned the inventor of the frisbee was cremated, and had his ashes made into frisbees.

I also learned that if you a pluck a nosehair from a nostril, a tear will always fall from the eye on the same side of your face.

I DL'ed The Bourne Supremecy a from somewhere :wink last week. I didn't watch it right away or even check to see if it was the right movie. So Tonight I make myself some popcorn and get set to watch it, only the whole thing is in Russian or something (I didn't stick around to find out) -- Just wanted to share that.

I have a stupid quote going through my head all morning. I think it's from MASH

"I little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants."

I hope this passes it on and I can stop thinking about it :huh:

Why is it that when the bakery split English muffins (and what makes them English?) that one side is cut so thin it automatically burns in the toaster and the other side is too thick to fit in the toaster?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
Why is it that when the bakery split English muffins (and what makes them English?) that one side is cut so thin it automatically burns in the toaster and the other side is too thick to fit in the toaster?

That's one of life's great mysteries.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
Some of those things I don't think the wrong answers even link to anything.  How can those companies afford to give away all that free stuff?

magic

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
Some of those things I don't think the wrong answers even link to anything.  How can those companies afford to give away all that free stuff?

I keep clicking on your avatar hoping for some free stuff, but never anything

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)

I hate splitting English muffins. I had to split 18 bags of them at work last weekend and toast them. I hacked up so many of them because they were so poorly sliced. :headshake

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
Bea_arthur.jpg

This is an outrage. I just learned that Bea Arthr does not have a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!! Steve Allen has 2 and Bea Arthur is shut out?? Winodj, you're in charge, let's get her a star!