Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wino, baby, this one is for you. It's not your dream, but close. :)

Betty White Takes It Off for TV Movie

NEW YORK - Actress Betty White — yes, that Betty White — goes flesh-toned for a scene in her new TV movie.

During the filming of the Hallmark Channel original movie "Annie's Point," White, 83, and co-star Amy Davidson went bare, sort of, for a grandmother-granddaughter skinny-dipping scene.

"We were not method acting," White said in a statement Friday. "We had little strapless bathing suits on. I mean, we can act like we're naked."

But they couldn't act like they weren't cold. The non-heated pool caused both actresses' teeth to chatter during their scenes, which were shot at 2 a.m.

"It was so cold! It was freezing," Davidson said. "I was scared to death for her. I'm like, `Get this woman out of the pool!' But the director was great because he did the scene as fast as we could."

In "Annie's Point," White, best known for her role as Rose Nylund on television's "The Golden Girls," plays a grandmother who travels over 2,000 miles with her free-spirited granddaughter to spread her husband's ashes over a bluff.

In case you want to turn away, the skinny-dipping scene occurs halfway through the movie, which premieres Saturday night.

Why do students think that, "I need this class to graduate" is a compelling reason to be let into a full course? Your poor schedule planning does NOT mean that I am going to reorganize my life--or break the rules.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
Why do students think that, "I need this class to graduate" is a compelling reason to be let into a full course? Your poor schedule planning does NOT mean that I am going to reorganize my life--or break the rules.

You used to fight da Man. Now you are da Man. Authority sucks!... now I'm auditing that class so save a seat for me. :P

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)

Is it poor planning or poor advising? I have seen more than once where bad advise from an adviser lead to these kind of problems.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
Is it poor planning or poor advising?  I have seen more than once where bad advise from an adviser lead to these kind of problems.

T_204_MACKEYMKAY.JPG

"Now, now, who was that? That is not appropriate behavior, mmkay?"

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 07:50 AM)
Is it poor planning or poor advising?  I have seen more than once where bad advise from an adviser lead to these kind of problems.

The UG advisors here are pretty good--at least for the psych major. All the kids get a checklist and a meeting when they declare, and a mtg/year after that. Plus the requirements are always on the web.

No sympathy.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
The UG advisors here are pretty good--at least for the psych major. All the kids get a checklist and a meeting when they declare, and a mtg/year after that. Plus the requirements are always on the web.

No sympathy.

Yeah if that's the case, no sympathy is deserved.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
Yeah if that's the case, no sympathy is deserved.

Man, you guys are tough. I've seen lots of students in that position and within reason I like to try to get them into a class even if they were the ones not planning their schedules right. I try to put myself in their position of having to put everything off by at least a semester if not a year -- a lot of grad schools still only start new students in the fall so if you miss it by a semester, you have to wait a whole year or find another school. I'm a big pushover that way I guess.

But, go ahead and be hardasses about it. Just make sure the students don't know where you live. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
Man, you guys are tough.  I've seen lots of students in that position and within reason I like to try to get them into a class even if they were the ones not planning their schedules right.  I try to put myself in their position of having to put everything off by at least a semester if not a year -- a lot of grad schools still only start new students in the fall so if you miss it by a semester, you have to wait a whole year or find another school.  I'm a big pushover that way I guess.

But, go ahead and be hardasses about it.  Just make sure the students don't know where you live.  :D

I imagine the older I get the more lax I'll get with this. But, since I just graduated, I can't imagine being so poor planning out the schedule. And most of the kids that have come to me with these complaints, well, let's just say they aren't grad school material. :P

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
I heard that the Sega series bought entire rights to the MLB, so no more MVP, only ESPN baseball.

Where did you hear that, I know that Take-Two who now owns Sega tried to buy the NBA license and be the only NBA gme around but that failed miserably.