What in the hell is this guy shmokin'?

mmmmmbeeer

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...ex.html?cnn=yes

Hot Stove rankings

8. Minnesota Twins -- The Twins have kept Brad Radke and Jacque Jones while allowing the easily replaceable Cristian Guzman to leave via free agency. Now they are trying to lock up Cy Young winner Johan Santana to a long-term contract. If they succeed, consider this offseason a wild success.

Key additions: None

12. Chicago White Sox -- Now that the White Sox have brought in noted clubhouse cardplayer A.J. Pierzynski, does this mean the South Siders will be the team to beat in a Texas Hold 'Em tournament? Just watch out for the Matador.

Key additions: C Pierzynski, RHP Orlando Hernandez, OF Scott Podsednik, OF Jermaine Dye

Ummm, how in the hell do you have the 8th most effective offseason in MLB when you've done absolutely nothing but lose players? This entire list is a f***ing joke, but just figured I'd point out the joke most relevant to Sox fans.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
I don't care what they rate us to be honest. I know in the past we've been rated higher than the Twins in and the Twins have gone on to win the division. So maybe it'll happen for us.

But this isn't a preseason power ranking, this is nothing more than ranking offseason moves, thus the Mets in the #1 slot. How can you rank 8th in offseason moves when your only move was to lose players?

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
But this isn't a preseason power ranking, this is nothing more than ranking offseason moves, thus the Mets in the #1 slot.  How can you rank 8th in offseason moves when your only move was to lose players?

Simple explanation.....stupidity and a total lack of knowledge on what he is doing....how are the Sox not in the top ten is beyond me :huh

I'm reminded of the Abbot & Costello skit when thinking of the Twinks:

Who's at first, What's at second, Where's at third, Whom's at SS?

No it's not the same skit but you get the idea. Their entire IF is ????

Only in a dream world does that get resolved w/out any decline. Oh wait.

I forgot Cy Santana is going to win 30 games :D

MIN won the ALC in 04 w 92 wins. We had 83. We lost the div by 9 gms.

We lost both Maggs & Thomas. That's equivalent to the Twins losing Hunter & Stewart. In 05 MIN entire IF is gone.

We have added Dye, Pods, AJ, El-Duque, Hermie, & Vizcy. We expect a healthy Thomas back.

At the very least an objective writer would suggest the Twinks will come down from 92 wins & the CWS will rise from 83.