Ben Davis to the Dodgers?

Pasqua's Mailman

In this week's edition of SportsWeekly I found the following nugget in the "Buzz" feature in the baseball section (sorry, about no link but I couldn't find the section on the USA Today web site):

"The Dodgers are talking to the White Sox about a deal for catcher Ben Davis."

Not sure I buy it, but I thought I would throw it out there.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the case, the obviously don't think Navarro won't be ready until July. I guess this could mean Jamie Burke could be coming back as well, as it looks like no team has claimed him yet. I don't buy the rumor though, we all know how much KW :wub: BD. ;)

Well their better be some kind of a catching prospect thrown in to. I mean if god forbid something happened to AJ then that would leave us with Burke and that's it. I don't think any team with catching depth as pathetic as ours can afford to trade their backup catcher. Do the Dodgers have another backup they can give us?

Edited by Jeckle2000

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)
Very interesting.  What would we be looking at getting from LA?  Minor leaguers?

I don't think guys who hit .207 bring much back in trade. Maybe KW thinks Burke makes a better back up and is trying to save the $1 million Davis is getting, and use it on getting another middle infielder, which the White Sox desperately need.

The more I think about it, the more I think that this rumor is BS.  The only way they trade Davis (given the Sox current catching situation) is if they have another trade in the works involving another catcher.  Who is the Sox' best catching prospect?  And where is he playing?  A-ball?

Donald Lucy in Great Falls White Sox ®. He is years away from the big leagues though.