AROW on MJH right now

southsideirish71

Crede hit at every level, he should be able to hit at this level.

Sox should be more exciting.

Lived and died on the long ball, speed doesnt slump.

Didnt learn too much japanese to talk to shingo, but had to make sure people didnt teach shingo colorfull words in english.

Carlos was not a clubhouse cancer, made comments that he was trying to be a leader, chirping at others.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
I think thats 29  other teams theories as well :D

Thanks for the smartass comment. I appreciated it. What I meant was that KW has put together a group of guys that have a much better chance to score some runs on a CONSISTENT basis. We have the ability to steal some bases, bunt some runners in, and take the extra base on the hit. And we still have the ability to put up some decent power numbers.

Since the Sox are going from speed to power, can someone tell me who else besides Pods the White Sox have acquired this winter has any speed? Dye can't run anymore, AJ thinks Konerko can beat him in a race. Pods is the only guy, and he might not get on base very often. To characterize last year's team as a power team, and this year's as a speed team is a mistake IMHO, at least as the roster stands right now. The saying, speed doesn't go in slumps is usually correct, but if its only Pods, I can assure you speed will go into slumps.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
Since the Sox are going from speed to power, can someone tell me who else besides Pods the White Sox have acquired this winter has any speed? Dye can't run anymore, AJ thinks Konerko can beat him in a race. Pods is the only guy, and he might not get on base very often. To characterize last year's team as a power team, and this year's as a speed team is a mistake IMHO, at least as the roster stands right now. The saying,  speed doesn't go in slumps is usually correct, but if its only Pods, I can assure you speed will go into slumps.

Good point, Allen.

While speed is all nice and dandy, this team also has to realize that you can't steal first base. Take your walk, and then worry about how you're going to get to second. As they say, ya gotta walk before you can run...

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
Rowand is quickly becoming one of the anchors of the team.  Right up there with Konerko, Buehrle & Frank.

Umm.....no

Let him first produce in back to back seasons. Then we will worry about being an anchor and all that jazz

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
Since the Sox are going from speed to power, can someone tell me who else besides Pods the White Sox have acquired this winter has any speed? Dye can't run anymore, AJ thinks Konerko can beat him in a race. Pods is the only guy, and he might not get on base very often. To characterize last year's team as a power team, and this year's as a speed team is a mistake IMHO, at least as the roster stands right now. The saying,  speed doesn't go in slumps is usually correct, but if its only Pods, I can assure you speed will go into slumps.

Very perceptive, but I think your expectations of a speed team are too high.

The Sox had 78 SB last year. Add 70-8 for Pods-Lee and you get 140 which puts them 2nd in the league behind Anaheim's 143. Even with that single change they move near the top of the league.

Milwaukee, with Pods, led the NL with 138. The Champion Marlins of 2003 had 150. The beloved GO-GO White Sox of the 1950's and 60's topped out at 153 in 1967, the '59 team had 113.

If the Sox really do get 140 SB next year I think they can be called a speed team. If they get 140 SB and still get around 190 HR (242 last year) they can be called a good offensive team.

Frank has a big incentive as well. The 12M opt for 2006. He knows that RJ will be under intense pressure to pick that up if he puts up near MVP numbers.

With respect to speed, that's why Iguchi is an important addition to this team. Hopefully KW will find it in his heart to offer Igs 2M/2 yr in bonus money as well.

Without Igs the CWS are locked into Rowand in the #2 spot because he has more speed than Uribe. With Thomas expected in the 3 hole you have to put your 2 fastest guys up front. You can't waste Thomas' rbi ops with poor speed. You want to turn Frank's long singles & 2B's into runs.

With Rowand at #2, the back of the order is heavily dependant on AJ.

What a big acquisition that turns out to be.

1-Pods

2-Rowand

3-Thomas/Dye

4-Koney

5-Dye/Everett

6-Uribe

7-AJ

8-Crede

9-Harris

OBP

Pods-Rowand-Thomas: (313-343), 361, 434

Koney-Dye-Uribe: 360, 329, 327.

AJ-Crede-Harris: (319-336), 299, 343

Crede is the weakest link.

When Harris leads off an innng, you have Harris-Pods-Rowand.

If one gets on then Thomas comes to bat.

That means every Thomas ab will feature good speed aboard if any one

gets on. Thomas has 23 GIDP's in his last 1000 ab's. Combine that with the speed & every time Thomas comes to bat with runners on the odds are in the CWS' favor to score a run.

In comparison,

Koney has 51 GIDP's in his last 1150 ab's,

Dye has 42 GIDP's in his last 1400 ab's.

Uribe has 10 GIDP's in his last 553 ab's.

That's not any worse that Maggs-Koney-Lee was.

AJ has 40 GIDP's in his last 1050 ab's.

JC has 25 GIDP's in his last 1120 ab's.

WH has 8 GIDP's in his last 824 ab's.

AJ following Uribe should cut down his GIDP's.

JC's will probably rise as will Harris' but not to where it's going to severely hamper drives.

So it's not just the fact that you have 4 guys (Harris, Pods, Rowand, & Uribe) with good speed. It's where they are in the lineup. Uribe is in a perfect place & the other 3 are positioned for maximum output by Thomas.

I think it's great that Aaron said something about Frank because that makes me thing he's going to be ready by opening day.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
Frank has a big incentive as well.  The 12M opt for 2006.  He knows that RJ will be under intense pressure to pick that up if he puts up near MVP numbers.

With respect to speed, that's why Iguchi is an important addition to this team.  Hopefully KW will find it in his heart to offer Igs 2M/2 yr in bonus money as well.

Without Igs the CWS are locked into Rowand in the #2 spot because he has more speed than Uribe.  With Thomas expected in the 3 hole you have to put your 2 fastest guys up front.  You can't waste Thomas' rbi ops with poor speed.  You want to turn Frank's long singles & 2B's into runs.

With Rowand at #2, the back of the order is heavily dependant on AJ.

What a big acquisition that turns out to be. 

1-Pods

2-Rowand

3-Thomas/Dye

4-Koney

5-Dye/Everett

6-Uribe

7-AJ

8-Crede

9-Harris

OBP

Pods-Rowand-Thomas:  (313-343), 361, 434

Koney-Dye-Uribe:  360, 329, 327. 

AJ-Crede-Harris: (319-336), 299, 343

Crede is the weakest link.

When Harris leads off an innng, you have Harris-Pods-Rowand.

If one gets on then Thomas comes to bat.

That means every Thomas ab will feature good speed aboard if any one

gets on.  Thomas has 23 GIDP's in his last 1000 ab's.  Combine that with the speed & every time Thomas comes to bat with runners on the odds are in the CWS' favor to score a run.

In comparison,

Koney has 51 GIDP's in his last 1150 ab's,

Dye    has 42 GIDP's in his last 1400 ab's.

Uribe  has 10 GIDP's in his last 553 ab's.

That's not any worse that Maggs-Koney-Lee was.

AJ has 40 GIDP's in his last 1050 ab's.

JC has 25 GIDP's in his last 1120 ab's.

WH has 8  GIDP's in his last 824 ab's.

AJ following Uribe should cut down his GIDP's.

JC's will probably rise as will Harris' but not to where it's going to severely hamper drives.

So it's not just the fact that you have 4 guys (Harris, Pods, Rowand, & Uribe) with good speed.  It's where they are in the lineup.  Uribe is in a perfect place & the other 3 are positioned for maximum output by Thomas.

I think it's great that Aaron said something about Frank because that makes me thing he's going to be ready by opening day.

Aweomse look into the lineup. I wouldn't have the patience to go find all that.