Hot Stove baseball talk from 7-10 PM on ESPN 1000

santo=dorf

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
Is he insinuating KW is done looking for a middle infielder?

Levine is screwed up a little tonight. A caller asked about Alex Cora, and Levine said the Dodgers may let him go. They already did. He also said he was a possiblility for the Sox, but hasn't he agreed to go to Cleveland?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
Levine is screwed up a little tonight. A caller asked about Alex Cora, and Levine said the Dodgers may let him go. They already did. He also said he was a possiblility for the Sox, but hasn't he agreed to go to Cleveland?

He seems to be slow on these things quite a bit.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
Seems like Levine is off since his mom died recently I believe...he seems distracted understandably so

Its also vacation time. These guys 24/7 for 8 months from ST to the WS.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
Seems like Levine is off since his mom died recently I believe...he seems distracted understandably so

Jester wasn't that a couple months ago?? I mean obviously it's understandable if that's what his mind is on but I think he's had some time.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
Idiots.

I was the one who asked them about the Ben Davis to the Dodgers rumor, and they responded by talking about great it would be to trade Ben for Alex Cora.  HE WAS NON-TENDERED!!!!!!!

They blow.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 03:25 AM)
s***, listen to this goof.  :lol:

Bruce Levine's 'crack production' staff mention Alex Cora is no longer a member of the Dodgers, yet fail to inform him he's a Cleveland Indian.

Watch after the next commerical his crack production staff will find out that Cora is with the tribe. This whole station blows. This is a baseball insider show? What a farce.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 03:30 AM)
Levine has no credibility.

Everyone around here knows it.

I don't even know why anything he says is even reported or posted here anymore.

It's all either recycled news or wrong.

Boz of course Everyone knows this, but for pete sake, its a baseball insider show for three hours. In a world of technology, you would think they could check a website. this is just terrible reporting period. Hell we know more about whats going on than they do.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
Boz of course Everyone knows this, but for pete sake, its a baseball insider show for three hours. In a world of technology, you would think they could check a website. this is just terrible reporting period. Hell we know more about whats going on than they do.

Exactly, so why are we even talking about what he says?

Who cares.

We could sit around here and make up rumors, report them as news and be correct about as often as Levine is, which is hardly ever.

That guy will be at the Q&A's, maybe when someone steps to the mic, they should point towards him standing at the wall and say, "hey you, yea, you Levine, I have a question: when are you going to report a rumor that actually becomes reality?"

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 03:34 AM)
Exactly, so why are we even talking about what he says?

Who cares.

We could sit around here and make up rumors, report them as news and be correct about as often as Levine is, which is hardly ever.

Because I am married and both my kids are sick, therefore I have nothing else to do. Have fun this weekend.