Come up with a Sox Trade

Cubs Suck23

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 12:05 PM)
Man I  would love to have Soriano,Young and Teixeira we would be solid for many  years. Dont think the Rangers would be that stupid though

They're not that stupid, they would hang up if KW even hinted at that trade.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
Who would Texas  want for Soriano Teixeira and Young in everyone opinion.

More than a slow power hitter who's contract is up at the end of the season, an avg. pitcher, a CF who's had one good year, and a minor leaguer who has proven absolutely nothing.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
If you were KW for a day what trade would you  make to make  the team better  has to be a fair trade for both teams

My trade would  be Konerko, Garland,Sweeney to Washington for Livan Hernandez and Jose Vidro

:finger

i would trade overated Konerko and pay most of his salary for a couple prospects one being a close to major league rdy pitcher than play out this whole season with the Gload meister at 1B.... than come off season when this team predictably loses trade away everyone over the age of 26... leaving our team being Buehrle, Garland, and id trade Uribe he is overated too... than call up all them prospects... Rotation of Buehrle, Garland, B-Mac, Felix Diaz, and Honel

Bullpen: Munoz, Cotts, Baj... more prospects

hitters: Sweeney, Anderson, Young, Rogo, Willie, pedro lopez, Fields, and i guess keep pieryznski he the man. OH YEAH :headbang

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
i would trade overated Konerko and pay most of his salary for a couple prospects one being a close to major league rdy pitcher than play out this whole season with the Gload meister at 1B.... than come off season when this team predictably loses trade away everyone over the age of 26... leaving our team being Buehrle, Garland, and id trade Uribe he is overated too... than call up all them prospects... Rotation of Buehrle, Garland, B-Mac, Felix Diaz, and Honel

Bullpen: Munoz, Cotts, Baj... more prospects

hitters: Sweeney, Anderson, Young, Rogo, Willie, pedro lopez, Fields, and i guess keep pieryznski he the man. OH YEAH  :headbang

You're either high or insane.

My trade would be Konerko, Garland,Sweeney to Washington for Livan Hernandez and Jose Vidro

- No. Someday you'll wake up & realize your a fan of a team that has to maximize price vs performance. The 3 guys you are trading have been above average in that category. Stop ignoring the cost. There is a good chance that Koney will sign an extension for below avg cost. The same can be said of Garland & Sweeney is your #1 OF prospect. Both the guys you are trading for are NLers. We all know what that means in quality.

Plus they would likely be rent-a-players.

Damaso Marte, Jon Garland and Brian Anderson to Fla for AJ Burnett and Luis Castillo

- Again no thank you. Both of those guys are likely rent-a-players.

So I'm giving up 2 yrs of Marte, & possibly 2 yrs of Garland & a solid OF prospect for 2 rent-a-players. I'm not that desperate to win.

The Garland, Koney for Vazquez trade made sense because you had Vaz for 3 yrs. Trading for rent-a-players while your team's payroll is already over 70M & over 60% is tied down in multi-year deals makes no sense.

At least for the CWS.

The SFG are looking for an OF. We've got some to spare.

If Durham can be had for one of our bench players and one of our mid-level prospects then I say make that trade. I would still consider Borchy a mid-level guy.