EX Sox Player might be coming back

Winnin Ugly

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(raff @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
daal, astacio, ashby all possible, although none would be cheap, prolly costing 3 mil a year at least. i would like to add an insurance arm. what about williamson? kw already tried to trade for him.

All three of those will be right less than amillion most likely. Also, williamson will be out all next year. I suppose the sox could sign him to an incentive ladden deal.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
It'd be very smart for them to bring in a few pitchers on minor league deals for depth purposes.

Graffanino is also a good idea but I have concerns whether or not he's healthy.  He was really banged up last year, I recall he had a leg injury as well.

The other factor to consider here is the White Sox and Kansas City haven't made a trade since the late 1980's if I'm not mistaken.  They rarely if ever deal with each other.

Well apparently your back. it was peaceful there for a while. Are you saying that the whitesox don't have enough pitching depth in there great minor league system? i think it would have been better if graf never left. He would be a good pick up if healthy, and I am certain KC wants as much payroll cut to rebuild. Do you think the whitesox locker room is more christian today than last year? Hell with everyone pointing to the sky after a hit and everyone signing the cross when they cross the plate you would think the team is religous enough for the guy.They need to add a few pitchers to minor league contracts not just one. grilli and Diaz does nothing for me.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
Actaully I think it wasexact opposite. If I remember back to 2003,2002, and 2001, I remember talking about Tony being a great bench player, but never playing well when having a defined role.

I don't think in his entire time with the Sox he had a "defined role." He did a little bit of everything and could come through in the clutch. I would love to see him on our bench or platooning with Willie vs LHP. In fact I was pissed when KW didn't offer him a contract before.

Well apparently your back. it was peaceful there for a while. Are you saying that the whitesox don't have enough pitching depth in there great minor league system? i think it would have been better if graf never left. He would be a good pick up if healthy, and I am certain KC wants as much payroll cut to rebuild. Do you think the whitesox locker room is more christian today than last year? Hell with everyone pointing to the sky after a hit and everyone signing the cross when they cross the plate you would think the team is religous enough for the guy.They need to add a few pitchers to minor league contracts not just one. grilli and Diaz does nothing for me.

I've been back for a few days, thought you were skiing ... ?

As for your questions, they can never have enough depth, you know that. Look at their starting five, it's naive to suggest none of them will miss a start. They need more than Grilli waiting in the wings. It wouldn't surprise me if one of the non roster invites is Roberto Hernandez, you know Guillen is familiar with him and they may want to see if Roberto has anything left. That builds depth for the closer role, which they are clearly concerned about.

Graffanino ... if healthy, big "if". Rotator cuff and labrum surgery, ouch. Pretty hard to throw from SS or 3B if he's not 100%. The info out of KC says he'll be ready for Spring training and they're counting on him to be the regular at 2B, they think Gotay needs more time. I'm sure the Sox would be interested but they are wary of trading with KC.

On the other issue, I have no idea if the clubhouse fits Graffanino's personal expectations, nor do I care. If you're traded to the Chicago White Sox ... get over it and fit in. Period. My comments were based on things I'd read in the media, that he was comforable under Manuel but possibly not Guillen. Guillen is far more salty than Manuel, no doubt.

Big party at Peanuts Friday nite ... a group from Philly, a 60th b-day party. Wild scene, lots of fun. We ended up in a line dance. I had the Philly chicken sandwich, very good. BTW $1 drafts of Rolling Rock on Saturdays at the Brick.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
I've been back for a few days, thought you were skiing ... ?

As for your questions, they can never have enough depth, you know that.  Look at their starting five, it's naive to suggest none of them will miss a start.  They need more than Grilli waiting in the wings.  It wouldn't surprise me if one of the non roster invites is Roberto Hernandez, you know Guillen is familiar with him and they may want to see if Roberto has anything left.  That builds depth for the closer role, which they are clearly concerned about.

Graffanino ... if healthy, big "if".  Rotator cuff and labrum surgery, ouch.  Pretty hard to throw from SS or 3B if he's not 100%.  The info out of KC says he'll be ready for Spring training and they're counting on him to be the regular at 2B, they think Gotay needs more time.  I'm sure the Sox would be interested but they are wary of trading with KC.

On the other issue, I have no idea if the clubhouse fits Graffanino's personal expectations, nor do I care.  If you're traded to the Chicago White Sox ... get over it and fit in.  Period.  My comments were based on things I'd read in the media, that he was comforable under Manuel but possibly not Guillen.  Guillen is far more salty than Manuel, no doubt.

Big party at Peanuts Friday nite ... a group from Philly, a 60th b-day party.  Wild scene, lots of fun.  We ended up in a line dance.  I had the Philly chicken sandwich, very good.  BTW $1 drafts of Rolling Rock on Saturdays at the Brick.

Nikki got sick thursday night. Puked all over. needless to say we cancelled sking. Going next weekend though.

I think it might be Nenn. Thats the 1st name that popped in my head when I read the earlier posts. As far as Iguchi, I would love to know what the hold-up is? Are they having trouble finding a translator??? If so, I'll learn Japanese!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
Agreed.  I would love to see Graff back here, but Everett's going to prove to be valuable, especially while Frank's out.

Exactly, and even when thomas does come back he sounds like a wee bit better option than timo to be our fourth outfielder.