Which newcomer will have the biggest impact?

greasywheels121

Which White Sox newcomer will have the biggest impact in 2005?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which White Sox newcomer will have the biggest impact in 2005?

• Jermaine Dye
    • Dustin Hermanson
    • Orlando Hernandez
    • A.J. Pierzynski
    • Scott Podsednik
    • Luis Vizcaino

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
looking at that list makes me realize how different we going to be next year... might as well add Carl Everett to it too he didnt play for us much last year.  and while your at it add in a midseason acquiring of robbie alomar.

don't forget Sandy...he plays for Texas now doesn't he?

it BETTER be Pods.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
i think Pods is the one that we all want to have the biggest impact...but realistically it will be Dye or AJ

I agree. I love speed. We haven't had anyone to push the opposition into making mistakes since the Law/Cruz days. And this includes Raines, who appeared to be more concerned with protecting his high career stolen bases/ attempts percentage, while with the Sox. And here's hoping that AJ's mouth similarily, unsettles the hitters. :headbang

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
I voted for El Duque - not because he'll be lights out - but because having El Duque means the Sox will finally have a 5th starter that can win half or more of his games.  My guess is that the 5th starter spot easily cost the Sox 4-5 games last year.

That's a good reason, I never really thought about that.

QUOTE(ISF @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
If El Duque is healthy, we pick up at least 10 wins compared to last year's #5 black hole. If he's not, it's "wait 'til '06!"

If El-duque isn't healthy this year than KW better go out and pursue a trade for another SP. The black hole pisses me off! As far as the biggest impact, I went with AJ. The way this team is now structured he can have a career year.

I went with OH because, like it was said above it gets rid of that huge black hole and can add some extra wins we didnt have in '04.

I almost voted for dye just because i think he had an off year in '04 because of missing the most of the season in '03. This year he is healthy and i expect him to knock the crap outta the ball at USCF.

I voted for Podsednik, because I believe he will have a year more like he did in 2003, because I think Walker will help him get back to his 2003 form. With Raines as our first base coach, I think he will have atleast 50 steals. Like the previous poster said, with El Duque as our 3rd starter, he could give us atleast 10 wins, and that will give us a big boost, with garland as our 5th who will give us in my opinion about 14 like he did the previous two. Everyone seems to say that El Duque's shoulder is looking good. If Harris is our starting 2nd basemen on opening day i'll be fine with that, because he'll be batting 9th instead of leadoff, and if he can get on we'll have 2 guys that could be tearing up the basepaths. :D